The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

hi @Tess_01 , (I see @Quinn3 has also extended an invite - please check @Quinn3 's alliance out first as that will probably be faster!)

but I wanted to share, the Ghost Ship is still reeling from TGW’s passing. once we’re ready, I’ll broach the subject of recruitment. based on experiences on the forums I think you’d be a great fit!

Tagging @sft1965 too as we’ve discussed the future of the alliance - but of course we’re going to continue with how TGW and Eagle ran the alliance - open discussion among all ally members :slight_smile:

to share a bit about the Ghost Ship now, the majority of members have dropped off activity - most of the original ones before TGW added the first new members haven’t logged in in a while, or do so rarely. There is definitely no pressure to spend. For performance, the only asks for activity are: if one opts in to war, please use all flags. If not able/willing to use all flags, opt out. But war itself is a personal choice, Titans themselves are a personal choice.

With our current activity levels, we kill 5* titans easily but have some trouble with 6s. a few new members will help us consistently kill 6s. when everyone was still more active we could do 6* and 7* easily, and the occasional 8*

I’m not sure when we’ll be ready to discuss, but hopefully within the next week or so. if you’re still looking by then, I’ll happily let you know!

3 Likes

and for all the FTP Rebels there - the FTP Discord could be worth a look. being FTP is not required to join, all FTP-friendly players are welcome (even if one spends a lot,as long as one understands the FTP way of thinking :wink: )

there’s a recruitment channel on the Discord. 3 alliances have posted openings in t he past couple weeks

Same in my alliance of three reasonably active people, including one newbie. I despise that quest line, and I refuse to merc.

Last time this one came around, I was able to get to 48 after topping out on the 3-star titans and losing at least the last tier of the summon task; I think it was the last two on that one. You have to really make sure to hit everything else, though, especially the dailies.

After last PoV, I’m thinking 48 should be your only goal. I opened 3 or 4 of the bonus chests at the end of the last PoV, and every one of them was worse than a normal monster chest. I think I landed a couple of one-star blue trainers as the only things of note. Even for SGG, I was shocked at how bad the loot was. Nothing but one-star mats.

4 Likes

This most recent POV was the first one that I’ve completed the Daily challenge since they made it so difficult. Next to last POV I missed that one and Summons X and I really wanted that tabard hence the merc-ing

I have no idea how to even do that, and won’t they all be 1*? Unless he’s keeping them boosted by himself :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

True.

I guess there’s no avoiding global chat when the POV includes * titans. Unless you happen to have Line, and join merc groups, where people post merc requests?

I assume that those merc groups still exist. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Tess_01

If you manage to complete all other challenges except the * titan one, I believe you will still be able to hit lvl 50. With no more than 3 dailies missed.

Otherwise I share your sentiments of being in an alliance with other people, yet there are some nice ones that don’t put any pressure on you.

3 Likes

Seems like you have plenty options from @Quinn3 and @sleepyhead but if you find yourself short near the end we are pretty low key, it’s very much no pressure and we always have a few spots open if you need a titan. We have the door locked to prevent unwanted visitors. Just give me a shout if find in need of a few.to complete.

3 Likes

I guess I can offer you the welcome of our alliance too @Muchacho , @Sorvina , right? That’s already a good range of choice for you… We are rather in for the pleasure, I experienced no pressure at all. There are always guys who for some reason cannot hit the titan, but life happens, we all see that. We can now regularly take down 8-9* titans, so you’ll have no problem with the star requirements. Also, you can be silent or chatty as you wish - both extroverts and introverts are in the team. The name of the alliance is WhatTheWhat, it’s open, required trophies is 1000. Feel free to check us out!

5 Likes

The relative small gain compared to the ressources to ascend a troop from lvl29 to 30 is not worth the ressources.
I ascended a mana troop to lvl17 in every color (except yellow, no feeders) and then a second to lvl7 or 11 in the same color before going up to lvl18. On a attack I mostly use colorstacks or mono, never rainbow. So this pattern is much more effective. Every average hero with a costume or a 4% mana node will charge in 9 tiles with a lvl11 mana troop. Those with a 2% mana node need a lvl17 mana troop. So its better to have a lvl 17 and a lvl 11 mana troop than a lvl 29 and a lvl1 mana troop. Sorry I would not level Crit troops or Ninja troops beyond lvl12.

Happy gaming

3 Likes

@Tess_01
Not sure you despise mercing, being in alliance of mercs, or people in general or kind of all of the above?

I would also extend an invite to my alliance Technicolor Minds where we may also be a good fit.

• We don’t like mercing either. Prefer people who stay for the long duration
  • War is optional - All flag used is encouraged / loose war strategy
  • Line group available, optional, we have a Goat.
  • Hitting 7* upwards to 10* Titans and generally will finish 3 to 4 days before POV end. We keep up with titan slaying or Elsa-ing pretty straight forward, and won’t force anyone to flask. If Titans are hit regularly, we don’t usually have problems with either type of POV Titan tasks (* requirement or number requirement)
  • Action speaks louder than words - We are not always chatty, some more than others. There are some members who has not said a single word in chat since joining, but does the titan and war hits regularly.
  • Would appreciate a communication for long time absence.
  • No big brothering - We don’t tell members how to play their games, only offering help when asked.
  • No politics / religious talks
  • No forced spending / flasking. Gifting (e.g. share the wealth) is absolutely not required, and reciprocity is not expected but always appreciated.

Check us out, I have created and been in the same one for more than 1100 days with most members not too far behind.

4 Likes

I could offer you to join us, as we fit your description, social anxiety and all, if you speak French.

3 Likes

The last POV I got some rings from one of the normal bonus chests. That was the only good thing I have ever gotten from a POV bonus chest.

Just wanted to bring it to your attention that there is a tiny tiny chance of something decent from those normal bonus chests.

Just trying to help out the F2P players. Being a F2Per myself I know how hard it is to get 4* mats. Got to turn over every rock to find them. Just letting you know about another rock to look under.

4 Likes

Wow, didn’t know the loot could be so good for those. Thank you for sharing @TropicWraith and in such a humble manner too

1 Like

Yep, my head knows this, but it’s a quirk that I can’t seem to get over. Just gotta finish. Should have dropped the crit troop as soon as I got a mana one, but I just can’t for some reason. Only about 600 XP to go before the crit troop is finished.

Much appreciated. I did see a post somewhere about someone landing a 4-star mat out of one (might have been yours!), so I knew it was possible. I guess I was just flabbergasted with how utterly dreadful the loot was in the ones I opened. Wonder if it was just RNG being RNG, or if those chests are supposed to be on the extremes instead of average? I will open them when I can get them, but when the starred titan and summon count tasks come up together, I know I won’t be getting any. (Hoarding silver coins is another thing I know makes sense but can’t seem to discipline myself to do.)

2 Likes

I did have a set of darts from the first regular (non-paying) chest at stage 50 on the first occasion, but nothing since then.

2 Likes

Sure, why not?

I would say you forgot @Igmuhota . I would take this personally @Igmuhota . You and @Gartenerbsen need to fight to the death with spoons. It is literally the only civil response to such an affront.

As for @Tess_01 , the only real rule is don’t beat my titan score. That being said, certain members seem to disregard, possibly even going as far as calling it a perverse delight, this and even flaunt their nonchalant attitude RE this most important of rules much to my chagrin ….

:beers:

4 Likes

I appreciate what @Tess_01 is saying about mercing. It’s not my favourite thing either. My hubby and I keep our tiny alliance closed just because it’s the least stressful way for us to play. We coordinate everything with war and titans, and we’ve found that opening it up to even one or two additional members makes it so much harder to do that.

It actually takes more work to ensure we leave enough titan hits for the extra person since we fight tiny titans (especially when three hits are required for PoV), and I found myself waking up in the middle of the night to check on the progress. That’s not a stress free way to play!

For this PoV we are planning on killing the 5s ourselves with items and flasks, and then, hopefully getting mercs to help with the 6s. Not looking forward to it though.

2 Likes

To me, mercing just seemed so fleeting, means it there is no room for relationship to build or to grow together, the hired help comes, do their hits, helped the alliance with a rare titan and possibly get the bonus mats, then he/she is gone, back to being another journeyman (or journeywoman), or the old alliance they left from (because they are chummier with people there than you).

That part of the mercing aspect is why I don’t like mercs, nor do we go out of our way to ask one to come help. We do our hits, if we can take a titan, we take it ourselves, if we can’t, we can’t. So hence the reason we stayed with the range of titan levels we’ve had. Our height was a 11* Onyx, but we had more members then, but that was pre-pandemic. Merc can come and help us take down tougher Titans, but it’s only temporary, after they leave, we are dialed back down and had to ask for help again, point is, the higher levels were not sustainable, and although being a casual alliance means people “should” be expected to come and go, but I’d like to believe there is can still be some structure in a casual environment, even if it is a loose one.

There is advantages like @princess1 with solo, small, compact alliances because you get to coordinate hits better, know the strengths and weaknesses of yours and your partner’s roster. As you grow stronger, your roster gets to take down tougher Titans to improve loots. But time is a resource that is always against you, and unless you have alt accounts, you are stuck with having your 5 hits a day (unless you level up, use Titan flasks), no matter, how much more of a potential hassle a new member could mean to coordinate, that member still bring his/her 5 hits to the alliance, and there is strength in numbers. How many times have we come across situations where everyone is out of hits, and the Titan is on the verge of running, but no one has flasks to spend (even if they would gladly quaff one for the team)? Of course, it is a moot point if that new player is relatively inactive, doesn’t coordinate well, and don’t follow directions well.

Although mats can still come via lower leveled Titans, but statistically, it should be lower than against higher leveled Titans, hence there are at some point, people felt “encouraged” to join larger alliances. My alliance is by no means a top tiered one, it was once full though. But the number dwindled and we’d be lucky to find another player willing to come who is not a hopper to try to finish POV or mass mailing his/her CV just to see who bites. We are not hitting major Titans nor are we really “chaining” anything, but we are currently in a fair spot with the Titans we are killing that we typically have no problems finishing the POV tasks, without the help of mercs.

So for me, my ideal alliance mate is someone who applies because he/she wants to be there, and would enjoy the environment and stay for the long term. My alliance mates are made up of long term members, and a good many of them have the roster and strength to go to higher and better alliances and potentially get better loot, but they all decided to stay because the alliance philosophy and pace agreed with them and fit their schedule, I am grateful for each and every one of them because this game offers absolutely no rewards for loyalty.

2 Likes

I am the 3 star pull hero. :laughing: I have 2 Bjorns, 3 Kvasirs, 2 Nordris, 1 Ei-Dunn, 1 By-Ulf, 2 Grevles, 2 Sudris, 1 Agnes (what is she useful for?) and an An-Windr but no Jarvur. I have fed away some extra dupes but a 4 star might be nice once in a while. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I got Fura, careful what you wish for. Some of those 3’s are better than that 4*! :laughing:

:beers:

1 Like