The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Looks very good krumpus joon sartana mitsuko I do not hav I’m yet to not be blessed with them yet :pensive: very jealous lol.

Reverse is a good strong formation alot of the top players use that. Hope its doing well in raids

1 Like

My 2c:

Since we are up to S4 now, the best way to make any S1 5* without a costume “work” is with emblems.

A long time ago, I gave Viv some emblems. Not many, but I’ve never removed them. I take her to every dark titan, and was using her in often a mono holy team for S4 Provinces 1-5 both Normal and Hard modes.

@Muchacho I know you have Raff and now Zim, but Viv is my only 5* healer.

I have never maxed a Elk. But since you don’t war, I don’t see why you can’t strip him for Malicna.

I went with attack path for emblems. I’d definitely want to boost her health if I planned to use her on defence.

Yes, it’s gamble which Alternative she will cast. In her case, I’m willing to gamble. :rofl:

2 Likes

Many blessings to the gods. I was afraid for you, but glad your f2p logic is sound!

Yeah I generally think about how do you make sure you have 30 heroes for war. Obviously backups and others are helpful for situational things, but you’ve got 30 serviceable heroes. That’s when I started embleming more three stars and lower quality five stars (Obakan).

I don’t and wouldn’t level him if I got him. I can see his use early in the game, but he’s near the bottom in my purple four star rankings.

1 Like

just noticed thanks to the previous reply that you did post your D up there @Muchacho . i’m with @akionna, although you might also try:

Kadilen - Zim - Richard - Domitia -Joon

for a rainbow defense, slight drawback in that Kadilen and Zim are both druids. provides contrasting color protection and the order of specials left to right should work well. Malicna would be interesting to try in place of Dom also. i’ve run up against a bunch of maxed Malicna’s now and they are dangerous. ‘Alternative 1’ is no joke. :laughing:

here’s my current D:

i was really not sure if it would work out, but it’s working slightly better than cRigs +16 - Chao +18 - Krampus - Tyr - Kadilen +10 so far. before that, and for a very long time, Krampus, Tyr and Kadilen were Sonya, Scarlett, and cKash (not in that order). it was fine for mid-platinum, but got stomped on whenever i strayed into diamond. although i have lots of good combos of heroes on offense and had no problem getting there. but this is the first really good defense team i’ve had that reliably wins 50% of the battles as long as i’m currently below 2500 cups.

@akionna, that’s a nice defense. i’d probably go 3/2 purple and red. with Krampus there i might use Sabina for the dispel instead of bringing Rigs along, or i might do 3 purples and 2 reds instead of my usual 2 purples and 3 reds when i go up against Telly in standard formation. it would probably take me a couple of tries, but i might be able to win. :wink:

on the topic of Stonecleave, i saw a video once with all ameonnas and stonecleaves destroying 4700+ teams. it was pretty funny.

2 Likes

Sorry @Muchacho , I do not have a Stonecleave.’only the similarly named Shadereave :slight_smile: (I used to confuse the two all the time with Mireweave too…)

Currently trying to decide where to do a 10-pull with my gems (~4400, so maybe a 10-pull plus). If Leonidas is featured in the costume chamber this time, I may try that. If not, I may do my first-ever S4 pulls, since I’m hunting Yang Mai, and there’s a decent chance of getting a few new projects out of it. It’s tempting to go back and do some S3 pulls, as I really would have liked to land Mist, but there looks to be a high chance of dupes there. Sudri and Sumle would be good red projects, though, and I lack a red project atm.

That’s a whole heck of a lot of support heroes, which I typically wouldn’t recommend, but in this case, it makes for an insanely beefy center that is probably quite tough to crack. Assuming that’s a standard V defense, I’d go mono green with C. Melendor + 20 - Almur +18 - Buddy + 18 - Caedmon +18 - Lianna +18. Hope to get the tiles to take out Krampus early on. Two dispellers to help neutralize Zulag’s buffs and Tyr’s resurrect buff. Uber-def down (Almur and Buddy) + Lianna snipe to take out Kasshrek. Melendor def buff to survive the sniper hits. Could be risky with Buddy’s minions vs. Uraeus, though.

Y’know, if you got enough purple tiles to charge them off the bat, four turns is a long time to be invincible, and Ameonna does hit like a tank with her tile damage. I can see it.

2 Likes

That’s cool. There are some other posts on the forum if you look hard enough of people who don’t think she’s awful. Raid formations help her in your D team. I still think she would be a great grinder on offense personally, but I don’t have her to really know.

Definitely agree with the message within a thread search too.

The mana boost is a huge perk as to why I have been taking her over Tibs. I don’t have Rigard’s costume, but I use the same concept: D drop, Quintus as a mass hammer, then Domitia or someone to clean up. Q has a great A value too so his tile boost is great so he even makes my titan team even though his special is not ideal for it.

Do you still have emblems on Ameonna? You can do a ghost team. There are some funny YouTube videos of those.

I saw this last night but didn’t have time to reply and see it has disappeared. @Chrislilt you have a great D team and think you should share it and repost. I do see the counter argument, as those are difficult heroes to get, but there are F2Pers who can field teams like that such as @ThePirateKing and @sleepyhead . They play a lot, play smart, and grind like hell to get lots of summon opportunities. It takes a lot of work and a lot of luck. If you’re level 61 you’re around the same as me and I have 5 non-vanilla 5’s I could make a team with. It would not be a good one in my case :laughing:, but the ones I have are all situationally great.

If I may get on soapbox for moment with purely my own opinion on this. @FrenziedEye started this rebellion. I came later and am only “mutant ninja” rank. I can’t say what was meant by the OGs of the rebellion, but here is what I see it as now.

Getting into arguments or debates and breaking into sub groupings of F2P is a waste of time. It is more of a mindset and attitude toward the game and if you share it you’re welcome. I don’t care if P2Pers post here either if it is constructive. We have all types though. I have never spent a penny, Google credit, etc. @Noble_Weasel spends fake internet money. @SamMe and @Sarah2 used to pay and don’t anymore. @TGW spent a little then stopped. Others pay for VIP but not summons. There is no benefit to even making those distinctions because we all share the same current mindset and enjoy hanging out here with like minded people. Worrying about labels solely creates opportunity for dissent amongst us which really benefits no one.

I don’t really care if @Chrislilt is being truthful about F2P or not, it doesn’t matter. In a worst case scenario say he pays but feels the need to lie about it to chat here for fear of being ostracized. Then we failed as a community that people should have that fear. If he does pay it’s fine too as in the context of sharing D’s whether you’re F2P or not you need to fight those D’s so it is helpful regardless. I can’t click an in game option to only fight F2P D’s. Again, it is an attitude to me, not a hard rule or proving payment, or non payment, to discriminate or something.

I also don’t know what Mutant Ninja means, but assume it is something like this:

Cool Ninja stuff -

Mutant Ninja -

Raff is stuck at 3:70. Viv I can max. Zim only heals red though so that seems more like a bonus secondary effect than a primary healer as I don’t typically mono even though I have been dabbling in it lately for “funnsies”.

The reason I am not initially considering emblems for Viv or Raff (when maxed) is they seem durable enough already to do their job and their job helps them live. Emblems don’t make their special better either. If Viv heals 42% or whatever of another heroes health her emblem count doesn’t matter. Where as an attacker can hit harder, etc. with increased stats. especially in non-raids where mana pots come into play the slow mana isn’t such a factor.

Again, not having any 5* healers maxed yet I could be way off base on this. Certainly not the first time :laughing:. We’ll see.

I don’t war often. When I finish S3 I will war more I think. I am in no hurry to start S4. The thing with Elk is by emblem status I have no other greens to place in a D team. We’ll see, I am warming up to the emblem switch though as I did a bunch of raiding this morning into diamond and used LJ +20 w/ CB in place of Elk even on 3-2’s and he worked well. If Elk is then only holding those for D they should go. It will just make me a liar on all those threads I defended him in then :laughing:.

Kind of depressing serviceable is maxed 5 status. What’s funny is last ToL I didn’t even use half of my 5’s. I think I subconsciously favor my 4’s and just know their intricacies better.

I do not forgive you :wink:

Thanks for the D feedback @akionna and @Sam-I-Am. I will circle back to that. I think I really need Zim maxed. She just final ascended earlier this morning, so not too far off. :+1:

whew I think I caught up. I think I like the D game though. I will respond with some attack teams later.

:beers:

7 Likes

I’m doing the same thought process as you: do I pull in costumes or season 4.

Season four has all new heroes who are all decent but can’t say I particularly love any of the epics.
Costumes make heroes I use better and still missing a few I need (Sabina, Kiril, Ulmer, Chao, Wu, Cad).
Any five star from either would be great.

Also targeting Yang. I’ll be using tokens during the challenge event.

4 Likes

There you go bud long grind indeed lol but still in my time playing do not hav Richard, joon, marjana, plus alot of others. Getting the iteams to levelling them is me biggest struggle. Right now

2 Likes

Tough D. Based on the roster I have I would try a green-yellow 3-2. Not sure on the 5th spot, but the 4 I know would be:

c-Melendor +20 for dispel, D up, and heal. Strong on Vela

c-Caedmon +20 for cleanse at fast mana against Vela and Gravemaker. Strong on Vela

Leonidas +8 for strong on Alfrike and mana control

Gretel +20 for strong on Alfrike and mana control

Thought with these is I can’t stop all the fast actions you have. I would move to block/slow them with mana controllers and a fast speed cleanser. Multiple mana controllers because if I don’t get tiles they may not all be alive before firing. My healer can dispel but HoT can counter DoT somewhat more effectively than a single bulk heal. If I have too many stacked DoT’s it is trouble though.

The 5th spots I am considering:

• LJ +20 with CB to add mana control, high A value, strong on Vela. Gives me a mana controller in both colors to increase opportunity. Downside is slow and you have a lot of speed.

• Joon +19 for speed, blind, and power

• Justice +3 for AoE blind to by time and is very durable against your many hitters. Slow mana though.

• Gullinbursti +20 for overheal because you will get specials off. Also offers a AoE hit that would be big because all your heroes hit multiples. Slow mana though.

• Buddy +20 for Meat shied and D drop. I otherwise have no D dropper which I am doing more of, but still feels weird. Probably least likely to be picked. Super low A value. The other 4 are fairly high so maybe not a factor.

What’s the TP? I probably wouldn’t even fight this team TBH :laughing:

2 Likes

I think my first attempt would be mono green:

c-Melendor +20 for dispel, D boost, and HoT
Caedmon +20 w/ CB for second dispel at fast and sniping
Buddy +20 for meat shield and D/A drop
Lianna +4 with CB for raw damage at fast speed
LJ +20 w/ CB to slow mana

Until recently Elkanen +18 would have the 5th spot but I am not worried about your hitters. I think LJ can survive and him slowly down your heroes would hurt you worse because you have two slow mana heroes. That also gives me added time to recharge my dispellers.

My big two concerns are killing Krampus hence green) and my ability to kill Tyr. Going green is weak on him and that dude is a pain to kill. I would favor getting an over splash on Zulag over c-Kashhrek because I can dispel Zulag and her HoT is less a concern then adding overheal to Krampus if he’s alive or making Tyr even harder.

Ureaus is just kind of there. Definitely splash to the right side while trying to kill Krampus then the left unless it is a really amazing left side board.

I guess I assumed standard formation though too, maybe I missed something.

EDIT: I just noticed @Noble_Weasel would try the same thing :laughing:. He has Almur though, that’s a help.

3 Likes

I joined. No way SG is getting more money from me. Don’t know what happened recently but I can’t trust the game anymore to ‘play fair’. They know all our playing and spending habits so I don’t see any chance for them to not manipulating us into spending more. Being through terrible odds in the portals or simply terrible luck with who we face in tournaments etc. Well they can even manipulate the boards. Who knows? The zero accountability in this industry, no one checking the practices are fair…so why would they play fair and loose income? It just doesn’t make sense. I might have suddenly become too paranoid but I find it harder to believe in everything they claim than that they using ALL the tools at their disposal to increase profit margins.

2 Likes

Welcome, @CurtWilde . We try to find ways to enjoy the game in spite of its slant toward spenders. Hope you’ll enjoy the banter here on a wide range of topics.

5 Likes

Could not agree more, and I’d go even further. I’d be delighted to see P2P folks even considering taking the red pill.

Perhaps it’s the clinical part of me that is at times hard to turn off, but watching some of the folks unconsciously suffering in the main forum? Yeah, anyone even considering looking at this “game” through a more objective lens is welcome in my book.

Again, apologies for the clinical talk, but dear God this. If someone needs to misrepresent their intent ( I am NOT saying that’s the case here), better to welcome them into what might be the only truly nonjudgmental space left in the forum.

I’d rather have someone thinking about their choices in a safe, supportive environment, rather than continuing to do things counter to their own needs to “fit in” with some of the louder folks inhabiting the current forum at large.

4 Likes

Welcome @Chrislilt and @CurtWilde

and @Muchacho gets my applause and even more of my respect for making such a great point about - everyone is welcome here, who cares how much someone has spent before. Labels, bah!

also thanks for the earlier shout out. indeed, a lot of grinding goes into scraping summons together… the odds are still terribly low, but also true that the more summons - eventually, the bigger chance of getting good stuff. and there is never a guarantee of getting something good… it’s just all about getting more chances.

8 Likes

Have you tried running Zulag in the Double formation 3-slot? Kash and Kramp tanking up front with tyr and ura sniping from the back, all protected by the beautiful orc queen, might be worth a go.
Due to my outrageously terrible luck with paladins in 3 1/2 years (zulag, richard, justice, that’s the lot), my zulag also runs with max emblems in that slot. She has the usual weakness to dispel, but if krampus is taunting, her protection is massive

2 Likes

Don’t have Hero Academy yet. :man_shrugging: but that’s definitely a good idea. should get my SH to 25 in a month or two.

but maybe by then i’ll get super lucky and pull Brynhild and put her in the back of reverse. :wink:

it continues to win about 50%. i may switch back to the previous defense to see if the win/lose ratio goes up or down.

4 Likes

hello people of the free world,

hoping you are all well and keeping safe.

it seems i only post on the forum when i need advice, so thank you all in advance.
so here it is, only 1 tome so please consider who to give it to, and also please list in order of which hero you would give it to for my future reference:-

zulag, azlar, isarnia, justice, sargasso, magni, domitia. incidently domitia costume is also at 3/70.

2 Likes

Hello @PANJTANI-1-5-12-14. Do you want to post your roster? It will help us put your heroes in context.

4 Likes

as requested

other than these are 3* and duplicates

3 Likes