The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Finished Springvale this weekend. Went mono purple for the final two stages. C. Rigard, Tiburtus, Proteus, Victor and Bjorn.

Had to use some time stops and healing potions but made it through unlike last year when I only got to about stage 10.

It’s nice to finally be able to finish the events and get the much needed assention materials, sadly still one tonic short to level up Lianna.

5 Likes

Congratulations @METKOJAK. Shrikewood just popped up. Lianna will get that tonic soon enough!

2 Likes

Kid pulled Jarvur with our Valhalla coins today. Dupe of course.

Me: At least it’s a Valhalla hero.

Kid: Even better! Let’s use our gems to summon. Can I, can I?

Me: May the force be with you.

Then:

Kid: Aww, By-Ulf … why is it frozen?

Because this happened:

Both of us screech while doing high fives.

Me: What does he do?

Kid: He’s throwing alkashards at us.

Me: Let’s test him out.

Kid: He does blue Totoro minions!

8 Likes

Is this a Pokemon character? Just guessing.

Thanks, in about 8 hours or so😀

I pulled Frosth in the morning as well.

Since I intend to play only with 4*, I am looking at Frosth as a purely defensive hero for my rainbow 5* defense which I oughtta have for any chance to hold in high platinum/low diamond.

So, what do you think guys? Is he good for that alleged defense team? I currently have only five total 5*, two of them are extremely unexciting on defense in general (Justice and Azlar), leaving me with only three HOTMs (Reuben, Malicna and Frosth). So, are any of them (particularly Frosth) good for a defense team?

Edit: I also pulled the yellow piggie yesterday. But it’s a long way from being maxed anytime soon.

Happy to see you have him too! :+1:

1 Like

Not true. Besides Richard and Elena Justice is one of the best S1 tanks. Azlar might work as tank, too but dies a lot quicker.

I say no chance baby. You won’t even hold 2200 cups. You can be better off with well emblemed 4☆ on defense. Just because they are 5☆ doesn’t mean you can hold diamond.

No. He’s too passive on defensive and will be too easy to overcome.

From these 3 Malicna shall be best on defense…but really not first choice.

1 Like

Congrats on the first win @METKOJAK , that’s awesome! Everything from 3*-5* on your team, I like it :+1:.

@akionna is right about Shrikewood, if you haven’t beat it already. If you can beat a seasonal event you should be able to beat Shrikewood I think. Lianna is great to have maxed too, congrats!

He works great with minion summoners @akionna so if you have say Noor he will make Noor’s minions even tougher. He does create his own and boost existing ones. It get dicier with say LotL AW you want more of her minions and he will boot them out as you’re only allowed 3. He will make the pseudo heal/meat shield tactic much better.

Also, if you mono his mana boost is great. I got Malicna who has that feature and it is nice.

Congrats!

He is situationally acceptable on defense @Saros . He wouldn’t be your end game ideal hero for it though. Truthfully F2P getting 5 end game caliber D heroes is slim, so I am not saying you would be doing anything wrong to use him for now.

@Vikingblood80 noted it too, your best D hero you dismiss in Justice. Hands down your best tank in the lot. I had to decide between Richard and Justice. It was a tough call and a small part still wishes I had done Justice. Richard is +19 though so she may get some after all. My deciding factor was I used Richard more often on offense.

:beers:

2 Likes

[/quote]

I finished a couple a days ago. Used my Noor team throughout advanced. Noor+2, PiB+4, cRigard+20, Proteus+13 and Freya+5. Lost Proteus in the 1st 30 sec, then cRigard soon after and finally PiB. Finished w/Freya and Noor for the win on the first try! Only used 1 timestop to get me through.

It was close though as Freya had very little life left. But both she and Noor compliment each other very well.

Congratz @akionna @Gartenerbsen @sleepyhead @Saros @Quinn3 @Ruskin505 @Muchacho and @METKOJAK on your wins! All of you worked hard on them. You should feel proud. :wink::slightly_smiling_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

thank you, @amrath ! :slight_smile: so cool of you to say.

I certainly do feel more satisfaction when completing a quest or a building, then for example when getting something requiring luck (i.e. when summoning :slight_smile: )

1 Like

in relation to my above post, I just finished a monster chest that gave me enough gems for a 10x pull in Valhalla. I know I was intending to save up for a 30-pull… but comments from others made me realize,

a) a 10x pull takes an insane amount of time,

b) the only real benefit is the 600-gem saving compared to doing 3 10x-pulls,

c) I would rather have cool new heroes now, than in 8 months or so (estimation: I last did a 10x pull in January for costume chamber, I think I had 600 gems left over after that… factoring that in, let’s say 4 months to scrape together 3000 gems!)

d) if my 10-pull gives me the heroes I want, I can then pull in a different portal next time

Well, I dropped my gems in (did 4 Grey token pulls for the heck of it before, a 2x troop so why not) -

1x Kash
1x Sudri
1x An-Windr
2x Nordri
2x By-Ulf
1x Gan Ju
1x Kvasir
1x Ei-Dunn

nobody new. bah!

Oh well, see you again Valhalla portal, in another 4 months or so…

4 Likes

Ouch, that’s bad luck if I ever saw one… only Kash better than 3*, and you already have 2 of him, if I remember well…

I am concentrating now my pulls in months where I am interested in the HoTM. Those are the most available heroes that are better than S1. In any case, we have little chance to pull a 5* from any portal!

So now, collecting Valhalla coins and costume keys until May (hoping for the red hero) and EHTs until June (for the green one). Plus whatever gems come together until then, but I am low on gems now after my rush summoning in the first S4 portal. It was unusually successful, by the way, I got Prof. Lidenbrock and Lepiota, so I am happy!

Maybe there will be costumes for the summer heroes, would be nice if I could pull one of them and/or the HoTM.

4 Likes

Ooh nice, two 5-*s from Underwild! Amazing haul indeed

All I dare to hope for are 4*s. So a few months again to try for Mist, Almur, Gullin

And good memory - indeed have two Kash with costume already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Just now getting around to answering, although I finished it over a week ago. My go-to team for nearly all PvE content is: Boldtusk +c20 - Domitia +18 - Onatel +9 - Vela +18 - Wizard Melendor +20. I probably could come up with better combos, but I’ve been rolling with this so long that I’ve just gotten lazy. The key, of course, is Onatel. This wouldn’t be viable, or even terribly competitive, without her. Finished all but the last level of Springvale easily with this. On the last level, I got punked by Roostley and Killhare on the same turn, leaving about two heroes living, so I just finished them off with dragon attacks to be done with the thing and save another 11 WE.

Congrats on Frosth, @akionna. The kid does it again! Also congrats to you, @Saros!

Still remember when I thought Thorne was gonna make the difference between me staying in diamond and dropping back to platinum. sigh

Same, except I will pull Grimforest this month instead of Guardians next month. I’m tired of chasing Jackal.

Great pulls! Congrats! Interested to hear how Lepiota’s Abyss Ghost thing works in practice. It sounds really interesting.

3 Likes

As someone who has Jackal at +19 he is kind of overhyped I think. c-Leonidas is definitely a better alternative.

He is good to increase titan scores and my scores did go up. From what I recall you fight fairly small titans so that may not be a relevant pro. Against bigger ones he can also increase your scores, but does fast. Against the bigger ones that risk is worth it so he comes.

In raids he never comes with because he is too soft. I get he is very fast, but only hitting one enemy isn’t great in that arena. I used to follow him with Joon so it killed whoever it hit and there was no active elements drop and I need all those tiles to repeat.

In PvE where there is a single boss the single enemy elemental drop is okay, but he again because a survival risk as the stages get harder. IMO Guardian Falcon is better for the durability and hit 3.

His tile damage is good I guess once he dies.

2 Likes

Oh, no question. And since I landed darts in each of my last two elemental chests (WOOT!), I’m on track to ascend Leo right after Sand Empire, assuming I don’t get some miracle pull of Rana or Roc. (Also need the darts from Sand Empire still.) I would be ecstatic to pull that costume next month.

It kinda still is. I have Wu and Ranvir for (inconsistent) attack buff in my mono yellow titan squad, but I’d much prefer a straight attack buffer and/or straight defense debuffer, neither of which is readily available in yellow. My scores against purple titans are noticeably worse, even at the two- and three-star levels, than any other color. (Of course, I have both attack up and defense down in every other color, and elemental defense down in everything else but purple.) So yeah, he’d still be worth it if he weren’t so darn hard to pull.

And in rogue class, he gets several attack nodes. As I’m getting close to having Marjana at +18, I’m starting to think about my next rogue to emblem. Will probably be either Scarlett or Kelile, but Jackal would have gone to the head of that line.

Falcon is definitely growing on me, but my red stack is SO weak in attack, with BT, Falcon, and Gormek. I have to beef it up with Elena, who usually dies before firing, even at +9, and Marjana, who is a sniper-lite at best. I need those fighter emblems for Bertila eventually, so Khagan may start getting ranger emblems to replace Elena in my mono red stack. He’s gotta be somewhat more durable, and he still hits pretty hard. Maybe he, BT, and Falcon can make a potent trio.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m a bit limited on offensive purple heroes so until Domitia gets leveled Bjorn stays and in fairness he’ll probably still stay in my purple Titan team anyway thanks to the double hit.

1 Like

Nope, character form Miyazaki’s movie My Neighbor Totoro.