The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Congrats man!

That is a nice pull indeed.

My HA10 should be just about done with final research, so I’m looking forward to hopefully getting something nice like that myself (in the probably far distant future).

2 Likes

Hindsight is 20-20, no truer words.

It also looks like you already joined the Honorary Society of First Banefeeders too. I still have my first Bane on my roster, he is maxed, not emblemed but costumed and really now only seeing action in 3* Tourneys.

I’ve also done the things you indicated in the list. I was actually afraid to take out Sharan (maxed her to 2^20), even though I pulled Sha Ji, because I was under the impression that you “have” to rainbow your team or bad Jujus are going to happen. My first team for a small portion of the early game was Sharan, Brand, Bane, Nightshade, and Derric. Of course there is no rocking any one with this roster (except myself to sleep), it was just what I was given by the in-game resources without actually spending anything (Daily summon, occasional grey summon tokens).

Who could forget about popping in your first 300 gems for a summon in the portal and who could forget how one can neglect the gravity of that decision, right? It was the 300 gems popped in as you get them for me for a while until I stopped and pondered why gems are so hard to come by unless you buy them. Throughout the game, I think I have used gem summon in Elemental portal once, and it was like a rage summon after yet another feeder with a grey token and I was hoping to get lucky in a Holy Portal, got Baned.

A good portion, of what I learned was by trial and error, but then there is also this forum, where I learned by silently browsing/reading (I read more than I post on the forums, in case you haven’t noticed), making small amount of questions, and even tried to help answering some questions (and to have other veteran players pointing out the errors in the answers I gave) were all great learning experiences and helped smooth out the learning curve.

I am now finished with my fourth iteration of HA10 training and who to put in hasn’t exactly been hard to decide because I don’t keep dupes. Since my first one went in, I just made sure I had enough recruits and ham every one time each week and start anticipating dupe 5*, and as soon as they pop, another weekly raffle ticket is popped in. I just hope that if a non-vanilla were to pop one day, it won’t be a hero / heroine I already have, as even though there aren’t as many of them around, as long as they are dupes, they go right back in.

2 Likes

Thanks @TGW (chess cheater). Hopefully soon for you. That was my maybe 6th retrain?

Using Zim on D was my thought two @Quinn3 . Azlar is the weak link no doubt. My concern is not having emblems for her though if she is on D. We’ll have to see how it plays out when I get that far.

:beers:

3 Likes

Yeah, she was one of my first druids so I gave her the emblems to start… actually only until 9 until they increased the emblem availability. She’s sitting at 18 and likely to stay there.

2 Likes

Hi guys, I just got Tib’s costume. Great. Then I take a closer look… and realise he’s called Duc du roc. Duke of the rock, yes, but rock as in stone, cliff, mountain, or even possibly mythical giant bird from Arabia. Any rock you like but music, that is.
I can’t believe their French translator saw the 5th member of Kiss and decided that the name Duke of the rock he goes by has to be an obvious reference to geology. :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Congrats @Muchacho on Zimkitha, well deserved!

2 Likes

Sounds like Google translator… Pfff! Doesn’t get the cultural references.

1 Like

I’d say probably better than Azlar even with only a few nodes.

No, not even that. I ran « Duke of the rock » in GT and it said « duc du rocher ». It means « stone » as well but it’s a different word. I’m afraid there is a human being behind this translation…

If a human, must be either below the age of 15 or above 80… Or lived in the last fifty years in a cave.

2 Likes

Well @SamMe , I was so excited to see which costume you were getting for me I blew through the whole thing this morning. Had 3 pulls. 2 from the event and 1 more from earned keys through misc sources. If I scrounge two my keys I could get another, but here are my results:

There are two reds there, not sure if they are the reds you had in mind? :thinking:

All dupes. I would rant about my poor costume luck since they released the balance of the vanilla 4* costumes, but should probably keep my mouth shut after my recent HA retrain. I guess we am count that @SamMe :wink: @SamMe am I burning gems? I think I can do a single summon.

On a whim I tried the Dawa superstition… and pulled Kashhrek. Success? I mean, it’s new, it’s a 4*, so, yay?

I did some research via the forum and it looks like opinions are mixed. I know I fought enough of them that they became a “pass” for me for a bit, so perhaps a good pull at my level…

Is this a Kashhrek costume or the base model?

Oops, should have specified.

Costume. :grimacing:

1 Like

Costume version is VERY usable. Ideally you impact all heroes, but nearby is still good. Overheal always seems good on paper, but playing with it is different. If you have no other overhealers I would definitely add Special K to the queue fairly high. Overheal will make tough things much easier and enhance survivability of 3’s and 4’s where they should be dead.

Congrats on the pull!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t overlook Kashhrek’s costume. Overheal, even for 3 heroes isn’t something that can be overlooked. Personally on this round of costumes it was mixed… I got 2x Gormek (already had, but I could use a few more Gormeks for depth), and 2x 3* costumes, both new: Dawa and Jahangir. Jokes about Dawa aside, I could use a Holy version of Bjorn; especially for those 3* tournaments when a few players went with yellow, purple defenses.

1 Like

Original Kash was a viable tank 2 years ago. Not so much anymore.

But from what I hear? Costumed Kash does actually make him viable again.

EDIT: will say from personal experience from fighting a couple of them in wars… they certainly did put up a good fight for a 4* hero.

1 Like

So I did burn a gem because I saw my ascension box was 9/10.

I got a Berden (dupe) and this was my ascension box:

This portal seems to have really turned on me …

Good luck to everyone else summoning!

1 Like

4 free pulls…despite Richard and Horghall featured (which both I didn’t want to get, RichardC already maxed and dupe Richard in my roster, Horghall not needed though I am still lacking the base hero)

• Melendor (excellent but dupe)
  • Nashgar (dupe)
  • Hu Tao yay :star2: new one
  • Isshtak (dupe)

Alright…believe it or not this was my first yellow 4☆ costume. Quite ok.

3 Likes

Tried the Dawa thing again…

Scarlett! Another new one for me (granted, I have so few, most are new :wink::joy:).

How accurate are the TP suggestions? Thinking about pushing a bit higher this time around.

Thinking of trying a cMel, cCyprian, cKiril, cBoril, Rigard team for the 3700 level?

Cyp and Boril using bonus but not wearing costume.

1 Like