The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

No worries, my friend. This game is known for a few things, and offering beginner’s luck certainly isn’t one of them. This would end up being another revenue for me to offload a chunk of food and recruits as long as I have dupe 5* as chip to use it with. Will be pretty important as I get closer to finishing up the researches and perhaps look to constantly put some more hams into other uses.

A few posts above I had an analysis done regarding the best way to receive a copy of all the vanillas. I’d still have to say it is TC20, and running multiples of them, not just because of odds, but time, which is also valuable commodity that cannot be overlooked.

HA10 - You get 52 chances a year at 4.75% - 5% chance of landing a S1 vanilla that you are looking for.
TC20 - Each one you put into running TC20, odds of pulling a specific 5* is 0.25% every 2 days. It’s approximately 182 chances a year for one building. With multiples, even more chances.

With the current setup and restrictions, TC20 is comparatively much easier to refill, have multiple locations, and can be queued, where as HA10 is harder in that aspect.

When you have relatively little to no vanilla 5*, each HA10 would likely bring someone new, but as you whittle down the numbers, like you are at 13/20, and in one month’s worth of time, struck out on getting someone unique, even though your next ones might strike gold, my thinking is that TC20 will still be the one to make the delivery despite the low odd each single session, just because of the flexibility it has.

The way the game released Season 4 so quickly after Season 3 (where 1 had a long hiatus before 2 and a smaller, albeit still a good few months before 3), made me think they are going to try to kick it into show me your money overdrive and already started putting season 5 in preparation. It’s sickening.

I haven’t. It’s pretty much dealing with a never ending string of losses with zero pressure vs the promise of some wins and increased pressure.

Lots of anxiety about not putting up good enough scores in war, not using flags fast enough at the right times. Stuff like that.

I’m spoiled right now because the government is allowing telehealth, but I’m also worried about what happens when I’m back in the office, at which point my schedule will be tighter…

Bah. I don’t know. So no, I haven’t. lol

Edit: what’s killing me is I don’t even care if we WIN, it’s just those 48 unused flags… ugh.

I would like to have more WE flasks in reserve. However, it’s all been downhill for me, probably since way back when Atlantis Rises started…

I’m working on the same S3 avatar missions (moose and elves). I’ll probably use a few flasks during Valhalla Forever to make more progress. I’m looking forward to one of the last S3 avatars - the wisp. I’m not looking forward to the farming though. :sweat_smile:

I could be wrong, but I don’t see them having S4 stages in PoV. Yet. Thankfully I don’t need to rely on completing all of the dailies to finish PoV.

@Shohoku79 Killhare is awesome! Hopefully we can both get a Lady Woolerton. :pray:

1 Like

I personally am extremely happy with my first 10 TC20 trainiees. Well, at least with half of them: Hu Tao, Grimm, dupe cScarlett, dupe cSonya, and dupe cBoldtusk. It’s all RNG, this is way above my expectations.

One benefit of a solo alliance is that you have a far better chance to win most of your wars and far better loot even if you lose.

Grinding different levels is important as long as you want a certain resource. For example, 8-7 is still better for recruits and monster chest, but 12-9 is better for pretty much everything else. If you want xp and iron, I suggest moving to 17-1, provided you can farm that without any items. If you want food…that is tough, time and use well a food harvester. For beginners who cannot farm 20-6, I’d suggest 4-1, average RNG shows that it should have at least the same amount of red monsters per flag as 20-6.

@Muchacho , @Shohoku79 and to everyone else - I really hope RNG shines on you and you get everything you want, just remember that you don’t actually need it :slight_smile:

now that S4 is released… I opened a war chest just now, saw S4 coins in it, rather than S3. my fears are realized, SG is pushing S4 so hard they’re nerfing S3 coin availability. called it :frowning:

may we all have good RNG, we’re gonna need it.

Still have one last avatar mission for S3, Wisps of Gold, need 299 more. Gonna do those during Valhalla Forever…

1 Like

Same here. Had to use one yesterday after my connection crapped out on the last stage of the Trials of Shadow. Couldn’t finish that and fill my monster chest by the end of the day without a little WE boost. Conveniently, SGG provided one as compensation for the MV mess on Android. Otherwise, I’d have to use one of the 350+ flasks I have laying around! LOL

Also same. I find I can fill a monster chest in 7 runs of 7-4, but it takes at least 8 on 8-7, and most of the time, I have all the recruits I need. Food has been an issue lately, though.

Could somebody wish me some kind of luck with HA 10? Finished my 22nd retrain this morning, and still have nothing but dupes. (To be fair, Richard wasn’t a dupe when I got him, but I’ve gotten him twice since.) No non-S1 heroes, and still no Elkanen (maybe not that big a loss, but still the only S1 I don’t have. I’m stocking cleric emblems right now, too.)

Five here, but same dilemma. I have no Springvale heroes, but fewer than 10 EHTs (will pick up two during the event) isn’t likely to land me any good ones. I could use a red project, so Squire might not be awful, but my red rare squad is already pretty boss, thanks to having a lot of barbarian emblems for Azar, Namahage, and Nashgar and some cleric emblems for Hawkmoon. Chick would have to wait a bit, as I just ascended Raffale this morning. But if they are gonna start rolling out costumes for event heroes during Sand Empire, shouldn’t I wait, even though I have all but Jabbar in the sub-legendary category for that event?

This morning, my alliance won a 3-vs.-3 war where none of the opponents used a single flag. I know at least one of them was logged on during the war, because I saw his/her indicator turn green. I know my folks aren’t that intimidating, although I managed to one-shot the opponent’s top team four times.

Getting Grimm’s costume has made me rediscover my love of the big, scary fella. Congrats on that get.

Gotta keep telling myself this. Looked through the S4 heroes in the portal this morning, knowing I had over 3,000 gems and could do a 10-pull. Was ready to do it just so I could get some projects (especially red) and have a shot at featured Elizabeth, but I restrained myself. Would have probably ended up with a bunch of S1 dupes and S4 rares that I don’t really need. Better to wait for May and do those pulls trying to get the red HotM, who I do actually think would help me a lot.

I’m sure your luck will change. It seems to go in spurts and all of a sudden you’ll get a streak of new heroes. It only took about 6 iterations, but I finally got Khagan on my last one to complete my S1 collection.

3 Likes

Awesome, was it TC20 who delivered?

1 Like

Thanks my friend. I am not in any hurry. The restrictive playstyle I kept myself in will make sure there is something to do, and appreciate anything new the game can give me.

I really can’t say I am surprised, and this was foreshadowed by the way $GG treated Atlantis Coins, it seems like they cannot wait to get the sour taste of season 3 out of their collective mouths and push release for Season 4, which I have started calling it a Kick to the Underpants

I had to force watch that quick intro of pumpernickel (or whatever his name is) when I had to do some stages, but I didn’t even to tap into the actual provinces. I am just going to keep my pace I set for myself, finish everything I needed to do in Season 3 (Hard Stages / Avatars, maybe a few summons), then season 4. Just like S3, I am sure I will start seeing S4 heroes during raid tourneys (which will be the only way I get into contact with them), but that wouldn’t really bother me either. Unlike Season 3 though, it will be a while before I go into the actual stages to fight against the A.I. controlled versions, and even further out for me to do summons.

1 Like

It was actually the Hero Academy. So now I’m going to wait for a long time before I get anything useful out of it.

Oh nice, I guess that beat the odds a bit, even if it took 6 weeks.

Unless you like to hold on to some dupe 5*, we are in similar boat now.

Pretty much, though I’ll hold onto some dups in case I get lucky, but most likely I’ll end up recycling the same hero over and over again.

@Quinn3 @TGW @Muchacho

OK, no judgment from y’all about my formatting or potentially missing folks.

Another war, another 40+ unused flags. I’ve gotta get over myself and move on.

Quinn3- you guys are invite only.

TGW- love ya buddy, but that sounds too intense for me.

Muchacho- you’re open with a slot again, but did I mention I’m a dirty cup dropper? I think your bottom member has like 1200 cups? Won’t be me for a while, if ever…

Oh, and while it is definitely intriguing, I don’t think I could do the solo alliance thing. I’m too social. Hehehe

4 Likes

This morning…first retrain. :heart_eyes: New hero…enough darts.

5 Likes

You just need to make a request and I’ll let you in. We keep it at invite only to avoid the players popping in and out on a regular basis.

Edit: Oh, and we need to know your favorite color… it’s a bit of a test to check whether people pay attention to the alliance banner.

3 Likes

The screening process is the only intense part. And I do that for the protection of our own crew, to make sure there are not going to be any arguments between members.

Once it’s unanimously (more or less) agreed that a potential member is not going to cause problems, my alliance is actually extremely laid back and supportive of one another.

The vetting process is there only to make sure a random new invite isn’t going to start trouble. Stuff like:

“your last score was awful, are you even trying?”
“what kind of idiot uses that hero for a tank? You noob or something?”
“I noticed you only used 3 flags on the last titan. Step it up, loser.”
“your excuse for missing war hits is because your dad died? Missing flags won’t bring him back.”
“guys, I really think we could take bigger titans if we got rid of some of the lazy dead weight in here.”
“hey you sound cute. Are you single?”
“wow, your personal beliefs and opinions sound really stupid!”
“guys! I heard a funny racist joke the other day. Wanna hear it?”
“geez, you all are so damn sensitive. Why so easily triggered? It’s just the internet.”

Those are all variations of stuff I’ve seen in other alliances, and that’s the kind of stuff I don’t tolerate in mine.

3 Likes

Up to you, pretty sure no in the group could say how many cups anyone else has. There’s no requirement because no one cares. If you’re cool and have a team of Aife’s you’re still good with us. We all started and the beginning at some point.

Whatever you’re comfortable with and good luck either way.

:beers:

2 Likes

Muchacho! Buddy, pal! You actually did pass my alliance’s vetting process. And are still welcome back any time. I’m sorry that you left, and still blame myself for it.

Is it because I don’t love Priuses? If so… I will try to test drive one again. I will take video of myself driving it with a big smile on my face as I accidentally drive straight through the front of a Chipotle restaurant because I thought the car was in reverse.

Alright. I’m headed over. Pretty dang nervous, but also excited. :grimacing:

Edit: oh crap. The join button is grayed out. Maybe because I don’t have 1000 cups? Ack! I’m without an alliance!

3 Likes

We have a cup limit!?! I’ll be damned.

I am an elder, let me see if I can change it. If not a lead or do lead will soon. Just keep an eye out. Welcome aboard in advance!

:beers:

3 Likes