The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Yeah I’ve fed dups away to create space but just leave a few to feed into HA when I get something good out of it.

I’ve given up on collecting. Too many heroes that aren’t worth a spot. And no benefit to the collection.

But each of these are choices we’ve made, and choices we can change now that would exchange is coming. If we choose not to optimize for it, oh well. We’ll have many different opinions on how to optimize for it. My early thinking is running at least two tc20 to build up the stock because this is our best shot at top heroes.

2 Likes

yeah, I’m already running two TC20. I’m torn between flexing a third - I do also like having feeder heroes stocked up in case I want to power-level a new hero (having two TC11 stored up let me power level Anastasia in one day!)

the dupe-feeding I will change, but I’m not going to change my collecting behavior, though. Even if those poor heroes will hardly ever see use (See: Justice, Obakan, Owl, Horghall…) at least they’re unique. It’s part of the fantasy aspect of this game for me.

3 Likes

I have Justice, Obakan, and Owl all leveled and even Obakan has +18 emblems. Horghall is the only season 1 legendary I’m missing. When it comes to legendary heroes, I don’t have enough to be super choosey.

The heroes I consider less important are ones like Nasgar who have plenty of substitutes so I’ve never used the one I had, so I fed him away, and don’t miss it.

After the challenge festival I’ll be doing some cleaning and getting rid of some 3 and 4 stars. I might better track which heroes I use across all aspects of the game so I have a better idea who really is worthless.

1 Like

I use pins to remind me

Example

On one of my family’s accounts, when they clear all important quests/ events, they equip the sunglasses :sunglasses: pin

When they are waiting on WE, for an important quest/ event, they unequip the pin

Similar to Avatar reminders

([Photos, Tip] Keeping track of Seasonal event / Challenge event progress using my avatar)

Teeny account

So far my latest, F2P, no Mystic Vision, solo play style, test account has bought 2x Team slots, and is waiting on a decent pin

Edit, PS give F2P some pins, and backgrounds, ZS

Like the hand pin

(#ChooseToChallenge - International Women’s Day Discussion)

Let us change our appearance

FIN

3 Likes

This is key right here. I may be able to sacrifice 20 heroes (all dupes, but some that I may want to keep as dupes), but it took years to get to this point. So the next opportunity would be at least another year or two down the road. Is there a hero that I’m willing to sacrifice a pair of TC20s to constantly run, which would kill my feeder capability for current heroes that I’m working on? I honestly can’t think of one. Some are nice to have like Alfrike, Cobalt, Lady of the Lake, Miki, Lord Loki or Ruby, but based on the first offering, it’s likely these won’t be available for a while if at all. Or worse, when they are available, I won’t have the heroes available at that time and miss out on the opportunity. Meanwhile, I will have a bunch of 5* occupying roster space. While it’s true that roster space is relatively cheap, I’m at the stage where they cost 350 gems per 5 spots. I’ve started clearing out some unleveled 4* that I’ve kept around as possible depth, in anticipation of HA8 providing some heroes.

The other point is that I’ve gone without for so long that I’m used to what I have so I really don’t know what I’m missing to judge. For example, I got Onatel a month ago from HA10, and while I had managed without her, I found that during the Tower of Magic, she was amazing, even with the possibility of the bosses resisting mana effects.

Based on the current offerings, Killhare, Skadi and Ursena may be my preferred choices, but they aren’t game changers for me.

3 Likes

I guess this is what I’m getting at, though. It’s gotta be the right hero, or you’ve blown your shot for a LONG time. So I started thinking about who would I trade for with no regrets, and I feel like it’s a short list, but then again, since I don’t have experience with a lot of the top-tier heroes, it’s hard to decide who should be on the list or how to make the decision about who should be on it.

These are the names I expected to see, yes. But I’m not sure I’d make the trade for C. Marj. or C. Leo. (if I didn’t already have him), knowing that they could pop out of the costume chamber or HA 10 with not-abysmal frequency. Also, I have Almur and C. Francine for green EDD (Francine’s is only to blues), so while Evelyn is really, really good, I’m not sure if she’d be on my list, either. The big attack boosters, yes. Alfrike is devastating in fast wars and tourneys, but I don’t know if she’s great in normal-speed content. (Maybe she is, I just honestly don’t know.) Losing the “and nearby” advantage in raid formations hurt LotL, but maybe she’s still worth it. Again, I don’t know. Ruby looks amazing, but is she new enough she might still get the nerf hammer? This might be the most high-stakes decision a F2P has to make.

I refused to feed away any legendary dupes, because I kept hoping this day would come. Space is getting expensive, and I’m going to need some more later this week after Challenge Festival, but once I settle on a Soul Exchange trade, I’m gonna be drowning in space! Not gonna change me being a collector, though. I will keep and level one of anyone I get, eventually. Might be time to feed away my dupe Melendor and dupe Caedmon, though. Sucks that I completely maxed them when I was out of green projects, but I have plenty of shields now, so I don’t have to lament that loss, and I basically never use either of them.

I only ever maxed two training camps; I think it would hamstring my leveling too much to run three at TC20. Of course, if you’re out of anything to level…

Dang skippy! We like shiny things, too.

Woot! I’m telling y’all, Onatel is great.

3 Likes

What are you currently working on? All I have left is iron mines which I’ve neglected for a while with no problem. I’ll switch one of my TC2s over to TC20 because one I’m running out of heroes worth leveling and two to prepare for Soul Exchange.

I doubt I’d spend too much time prioritizing this if you haven’t done so already. The good news is getting TC to 20 is much easier than getting HA to 10. I prioritized HA the moment it came out and it took almost a year to actually get it up and running (~2.5 years after starting the game).

1 Like

Nothing at all. Everything is maxed but these two camps, but I’ve been reluctant to take a feeder producing camp out of commission. Maybe I should, though, with this announcement.

Same. Those costs were ridiculous.

1 Like

Ah I see. Now that you say it, I still have one at TC11, but I’m not going to remove >1000 days of training to get it to 20 for no reason.

3 Likes

cross post to call attention

I’ve often wondered why f2p spends challenge coins anywhere other than guardians until they get falcon/jackal. I prioritized hero academy and happy with that decision. Average person gets 5ish good things a year (5% non s1 + 5% costume is bad math I know).

We gotta prioritize where we can. Soul exchange seems like a priority to me. It’s just a question of what heroes end up being offered.

2 Likes

To answer the challenge coins question, every challenge event seemed to have some must-haves, and the elemental def downs weren’t really on my radar. But now that HA8 has them, it’s a bit of a moot point.

As for HA10, well… 1 for 42+, so not really getting 5 good things a year. I’ll settle for 2 with a few months to go. Opposite of the Tavern though. On the first Tavern I got Athena, but nothing since. Costume event was more generous though.

Not really a priority for me. I find that I get enough miscellaneous heroes to level as it goes, aside from a bit of a dry spell where I was leveling dupes for the sake of leveling. But now I’ve got a bunch of projects that will probably keep me occupied for the next month or two. In that time, I may pull some heroes from HA8, or HA10 will pay off, or I get some more costumes.

2 Likes

I like that it’s a guaranteed purchase, which enables a bit of avatar personalisation. It’s also cheaper than a summon, and much better than getting another dupe.

I haven’t bought any of the avatars available for 500/1200 gems in the avatar shop. Only multiple backgrounds, and pins for 200 gems each. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@Noble_Weasel - It’s certainly nice to be remembered. And like I said, this Sell, er. Exchange of your Souls will have to be a very good deal to get me to bite, and from the current iteration, it would be hard No for me. Even though everything is subject to change while in beta, we very often got exactly what we got out of the “early information on” type reports straight into the live game, because we know how much SGG values beta tester feedbacks.

Let’s take a look at how this current format is not going to fly with me.

1. I F2P so there is already not a lot of chances for 5*, let alone dupe 5* (TC20 still is my best source for these).
  2. I don’t buy roster space. Since I don’t hold onto dupes, they are either fed or kept as chips for HA10, so a very important the reason why I am not forking over gems left and right to buy roster space expansion is because I don’t keep dupes.
  3. The right hero will have to come along in that tiered list to make things worthwhile. Now if I have 20 dupe Quintuses (Quinti?) that are sitting around doing nothing, sure I can probably make use of them this way, but since I don’t. Or let’s just say how about just one extra set of S1 vanilla 5* (because no one in their right mind should hold onto 20 Quintus) lying around doing nothing (hey, there is 20 of them, what a “convenient” number, isn’t it?), to trade them for just one is still too expensive.
  4. Costumes for non S1 currently isn’t included (see Gravy for example), or was that a randomized result and costumed versions “could” be part of the list?
  5. Again, stressing on the right hero, it would have to be a hero that is not in danger of being outclassed, nerfed, buffed then nerfed, and the top tiered heroes are very well in danger of being subject to these treatments.
  6. Taking a step back, aside from HA10, it took 45 revisions of this game for the game developers to come up with something that resembles a hero trading mechanic. I wouldn’t be surprised there is a processing fee involved (say some bling bling gems).
  7. Without more information about what heroes might come along, it would be very hard for the game to convince me to try to advance buy roster spaces to try to house up to 20 dupe 5*, and this is in addition to keep rooms for incoming unique 3* - 5* and have room to work on feeders.

However, if there is a hero that I would be tempted at, it would probably be Tarlak or Miki, because I am tired of missing with Wu.

Ah, the non-verbal / non-written communication usage, I can certainly respect that and very clever coded messages too.

I guess I am more of the, I am good with what the game has already provided me by default or something I could earn by doing in-game (non-purchasing) actions crowd.

Any way, since breaking on HA10 and starting on HA5 on Sunday, my food count has also been hovering on the low end. With AR, I did manage to get a good haul of Crude Iron (imagine being short on that 1* raw material, because I craft Arrows and Tornadoes more than I do any other battle items nowadays, and it really eats into these more common raw material), but with each Atlantis farming comes the excess amount of recruits being brought in, the increase of food intake isn’t helping as much because I also have to feed them off, mostly to my 5* heroes, which very often takes all food I earned from 1 Atlantis stage with one feeder, and I have a roster space problem to monitor.

But today one of the HA5 completions spit out a dupe Shrubbear, so the HA improvement is certainly here, and just on the 3rd day since starting isn’t too shabby, considering how many 3* S1 there are. Shrubbear happens to be my first challenge event 3*.

But rules are rules, no dupes on my roster. And without any more green heroes to work on (I finished Groot and his costume about two weeks ago), Glenda ate very well. But that bear hardly had any meat on him! Not to worry, Glenda is vegan, after all.

1 Like

How many roster spots do you have?

I guess I should’ve said, I don’t like buying roster space. But there was a point in time where if I don’t buy any, I can’t even take feeders out of training camps or get any of them out of map or quest drops unless they are predetermined, or if they came from summoning results. So each time I am up to a few of those situations, I had to buy spaces.

But I currently have 125 spots, and bought 3 times, so 15 came from gem purchases, and 110 from natural progression for reaching level 82.

1 Like

I want to emhasize on the fact that if a f2p player isn’t mercing to their full extent (and I mean 1 spare purple flag per titan kill) soon everyone will have severe food problems. Not only from HA relocation (HA 5 costs more food than HA 10, per hour that is), but also from running more TC20 - one TC 20 takes 3 times more food daily compared to a TC 11, and that piles up if you run these constantly. Also Alchemy takes its toll, and of course we have to have some remaining to level up heroes and troops, and even craft potions or lodge items like Alteration scrolls. The sooner you start mercing effectively, the better your food balance overall, because that also piles up fast.

1 Like

Had 52 coins saved up…

Got 5 new heroes!

Why am I not so happy? Wel…

Chameleon can keep Owl company on the bench for a bit, drinking tea and eating biscuits and gossiping about fellow benchies Aeron and Horghall and Justice… :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

So far with the coins I saved I got Chesire cat and the flamingo. Glad they took the trainers out of the summon pool. Hopefully I get another 2 summons with the coins from the event (need 2 chests).

6 Likes

This time around it seems that the developers finally listened to the beta testers.

1. Removed trainer heroes from the portal
  2. Removed the Chicken Curse - gave bonuses to event heroes instead

It seems the remaining restrictions are in place - different for every level, alongside the Elemental resistance which is the same for each level, so keep that in mind while choosing teams.

My own summons. Can’t hide, I’m pretty happy. However I am farming and saving these coins from the previous Teltoc six months ago.

I guess I could use more Falcons and Jackals at a later point when I have the emblems for them, and for sure I could use two more Shrubbears and a Bauchan (which I didn’t pull) so I will run HA 5 & 8 for some time. And will definitely pull some more with coins from the event.

3 Likes

Chameleon is IMO a greatly underappreciated hero. I really can’t wait to ascend my own however especially right now I am head over heels in green projects for days on end. Just finished Buddy, started Shrubbear, have another Buddy, double Peters and Lianna waiting. I decided against Anton for the time being, seeing how disappointing resurrect heroe are on the offense, and there isn’t much use of him on the defense because mages are unpredictable which spell will they fire - I mean Gramps is more reliable (although I don’t have him).

Sorry for the sidetrack, back to Chameleon. Of course he’s great in a monogreen stack vs the green Mythic titan, however you can use him even in green mono vs opposing green tanks for example, because let’s face it, he gives both attack up and critical up and can be made pseudo fast with a 23 lvl mana troop or 17 if you hit that mana node. I definitely think he has great potential on the offensive.

I pulled two Pink Flamingos, I believe these will be great for 3* Buff Booster, because any hero that can create mass buff at fast speed should be awesome. Plus with two on the team they can buff each other…

First time I looked at Treevil I thought that well, I just leveled up Gill-Ra and she’s better. Then I read that he hits all for 250%…and decreases attack and defense way further than Giil-Ra…and even slows down their mana generation. So IMO, he should be great for rush, and not just the 3* rush tournaments - with a 11 level purple mana troop and 6 tiles on time he can practically make the entire enemy team sitting ducks.

1 Like