The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

So, my FTP brethren and sistren, the last round of costumes has entered beta:

The thing that jumps off the page to me is the elemental defense down for Leo and Marjana. This has me seriously reconsidering whether to pull in the Guardians event in November. On the one hand, the odds are way better to get Falcon and Jackal (although you couldn’t prove it by me) than Leo and Marjana costumes; on the other, if you landed Marjana, especially, you’d basically never use Falcon ever again. And I’d really love to have Hansel, or even Gretel, so I could save my coins for the next Grimforest instead (and not draw another three Guardian Bats). Plus, Glenda doesn’t look like a must-have HotM, so missing a few pulls toward getting her this November doesn’t seem so bad. What say you?

Other observations:

• Kelile will be a beast in costume form if nothing changes.
  • They also made Gormek great again. I think he’d be a staple on my anti-Telly teams while in costume. Glad mine is still at +20.
  • Thorne with costume (whether in costume or not) is starting to look like a viable flank for a green tank. I told y’all I was gonna make Thorne fearsome. I would love to land this costume just to be proven right (I think).
  • Chao’s costume could be downright scary also, at fast mana.

Right now, I’m sitting on 71 costume keys and 5200+ gems. I’m thinking about burning them all on costumes when the new ones come out, because those are the most reliable pulls for improving a F2P roster. If Google Play credit from surveys is cooperative, this could be my first 30-pull sometime early next year.

4 Likes