The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Spirit link is essential to quickly kill first mob wave if you see a combo/red diamond. So charging Wilbur + using a Dragon banner usually does the trick on any difficulty level if you happen to hit a green mob (there are some). I watched several Russian streamers who did very well in the event and they all are unonimous on the fact that Red is the best color for both Epic and Legendary. They didn’t use anything else on any Epic or Legendary stage.

As for Rare, Dolgoon was the star here plus Noril. I watched Mister Random, who used the following team with great success: Sudri (18) - Friar Tuck (no joke, no emblems, no costume) - Noril - Dolgoon - Brienne. The idea of Friar Tuck was to give mana generation to Sudri which made him charge faster with mana potions. Also due the fact that he used the green tiles, red ones accumulated for massive Sudri hits.

1 Like

Yeah, Slayers is tough.

Top 10k was not that hard for me, but top 5k was extremely hard to achieve.
I usually need to use 1 flask to reach top10k rare, top5k epic and fininish legendary in at least top 100k.
Now I needed about 3additional flask + a level up to get into top5k for Epic…

what I realized for this slayers was that scores were bunched up together. like, a 8k increase in score could bump one up 1k spots in the rankings.

last night, I had a score of 648,455 for rank 4554.

Then a score of 655,125 got me rank 3200.

final score of 658,905 got me rank 2901.

I’ll share my team if it helps. I made it to top 5k (score: 658,905; rank 2901) in Epic with a main team of Lady Wooly, Jackal, Wu, Kvasir, C-Chao. Honestly, Wu made more of an impact than Jackal did (as Jackal only hits one, and his EDD was often erased by max rage). Wu’s buff always stayed on despite the rages, and in the end was responsibile for much more damage. Kvasir was helping for clearing away mobs, which helped me conserve items.

I do agree with @Saros ’ advice, Wilbur (and Falcon) will probably do you better than your Green team - spirit link + def down + elemental defense down tend to make mobs evaporate really quickly :slight_smile:

1 Like

This makes sense. I had always just conceded that I wasn’t going to do very well in events, but with a more mature roster, it’s probably time to revisit that. Thanks for the suggestions, @Saros and @sleepyhead .

1 Like

It’s strange enough how need of certain resources is actually the best teacher. When I needed food and couldn’t afford to reroll anymore, I quickly learned that it’s not impossible to consistently win vs highly emblemed 5* defences with just 4* teams. And when I needed lots of ETTs I quickly learned that it’s not necessary to have the best heroes and to waste a ton of resources/WE flasks in order to rank reasonably high in any challenge event - at least high enough to get those shiny ETTs.

2 Likes

I uninstalled EP today. It’s been getting less and less fun and new changes seem like…even less fun. I’m not going to rant or throw a tantrum, I’m just going to find something else to do :woman_shrugging:

Take care everyone

2 Likes

Best wishes Tess, enjoy the new found time

4 Likes

Gonna miss you @Tess_01 , but it’s good that you do what you have to do. I know you’ve been feeling more and more disenchanted with the game lately. Thanks for saying bye… Hope you pop in to say Hi from time to time!

And hope you find something cool, fun and engaging to replace the game :slight_smile:

Cheers my friend.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Tess_01 , however I understand you pretty well. Take care.

3 Likes

Big loss for the discussion here, but we all know it’s coming for all of us one day. Seems the devs are trying to accelerate that day for the FTP crowd, though. Sad. Be well, @Tess_01 , and thanks for the great discussions.

5 Likes

Retiring of the old Challenge Events, were some of them really even “that” old? And aside from Villains, Starfell, and Slayers as their replacements, I wonder if Knights would have counted as one, or are we strictly talking about individual challenge events?

I am probably just going to say I give up on getting G. Falcon, Hansel or Gretel, and any single Corellia heroes, because regardless of which is the voted event to show up for November, I am probably still going to be hoarding my gems for costume chamber, and will probably just use challenge coins.

I hope they won’t retire the Costume Chamber, or are they going to start putting in heroes with costumes in the chamber (e.g. non S1 heroes)…? If they remained as Season 1 costumes and heroes only, I really hope they would lower gem costs… Then again, when is the last time you’ve seen $GG lower the price of anything?

I still really wanted costumes for Isarnia, BT, and Wu. I don’t think that’s really greedy, considering these aren’t highly sought after varieties and most of the time people use them for the CSB, and non-S1 costumed heroes have already made their way into people’s rosters already and will continue to do so as more costumed non-S1 show up.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this, @Tess_01 , I will miss you from the FTP thread. Enjoy your freed-up time, I hope you find something equally entertaining, and much, much less frustrating!

3 Likes

Best wishes @Tess_01 !

3 Likes

Sorry to see you go @Tess_01 , but if you’re happier for it it is the best thing whether it is a break or permanent.

Take care and good luck out there!

:beers:

5 Likes

I’d give you a like for the Winnie the Pooh, but I’m currently out of likes. :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

I gave it a like for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You know that game, if you are going to freeze for like 5 seconds after popping in a titan flag and kept the clock running so it’s like 1:25 until I can make the first move, slows to a freeze for about 15 seconds after I made 2 moves, so there is about 1 minute left, I made another move, the game stages freezes for about 30 more seconds so there is 10 seconds left by the time the next move happens. At least give me the decency of fleeing so can take my 500 damage titan hit and not have wasted the time. /rant

So the voting for the last of the old events started. Guess they are meant to be kept hidden until the voting ends. I placed my votes down for Teltoc for nostalgia’s sake (for going after Falcon), but I don’t think I will be summoning in it aside from C Coins.

Old Heroes will be featured in some Festival of Heroes Challenge Event in December? Huzzah??? Please, Please, Please, tell me they are not going to be introducing a new “Festival Coins” currency just for this. If they can make EHT usable for this, I might consider splitting some here with the Winter if I can get Rudolph.

But after they shafted Pirates, Teltoc, and Wonderland and brought Villains (because Yar Har Har), Circus (because Fun Fun Fun), and Slayers (because Whoa Whoa Whoa), so soon after their first runs… I think they are capable of anything.

I really like how they decide to just shut their ears behind the “No one Cares about 3* and 4* heroes” and “Game Economy” cards in their decisions on whether to improve HA by adding retrain 3* and 4* options… Please, if no one cares about 3* and 4*, that’s why the vanilla 3* and 4* are in every portal and advanced buildings such as the hero academy right?

Please move the Troop functions “out” of the Hero Academy and “into” the Barracks (or upgrade it to advanced barracks if you must) because Barracks does “hint hint” troop related works and currently serves little functions otherwise besides providing the bottleneck for the max level of the troops players get? The freed up troop functions out of the HA can then be used to service the retraining.

But all these suggestions passionate forum users made are probably going to fall on deaf ears any way.

3 Likes

I’m also completely not hopeful that we will be listened to…

@sleepyhead , I saw Inari got a boost and seem to remember you having her. Any change good or bad in your eyes now?

:beers: