The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Correct it is like an extra 4% Mana node for 4 turns. So if your troops are are short on a Mana break and you make matches after it can bridge the gap. Let’s say for Glenda you have a level 11 Mana troop, after the 4% elemental link is kicked in you have 4 turns to match 9 tiles to charge her VS 10 tiles normally. Assuming nothing charged yet if you are partially charged you are still going to need 10 tiles. Her with a level 17 Mana troop might work out better more often in this situation cause the matches without the elemental link give more mana, but not enough to charge… It.would help bridge the gap once active.

2 Likes

That makes sense. I am trying to get my second blue mana to 11. It went up one from what’s pictured, so maybe 9? Then I will get the first one to 17. I am admittedly behind on troop leveling.

The mana thing makes sense. I was envisioning it as getting 4% mana like Malicna just “gives” mana regardless of on color matches. I was just being dumb, or maybe hopeful? I am at least smart enough to know to ask for smarter people to answer :laughing:

:beers:

2 Likes

No her buff it.much worse than malicna, it is a temporary Mana gain buff… It is hard to use well cause it is so situational.

2 Likes

Not to blow up your strategy session, @Muchacho , but I couldn’t ignore this announcement just posted from SGG:

• We are retiring 5 old Challenge Events — Pirates of Corellia, Guardians of Teltoc, Knights of Avalon, Riddles of Wonderland, and Fables of Grimforest will all be removed from the rotation.

This would seem to have a major impact on planning for a lot of folks. It’s almost gotta be related to the new Black Friday portal, right?

3 Likes

OMG. imagine being a new player, and realizing you won’t ever have a chance to get Jackal or Falcon… unless they add them to Hero Academy?

2 Likes

Latest update from Petri:

So, it’s still a mystery.

2 Likes

Sad. They will probably include the heroes in another portal, where the pulls will be extremely diluted so a player will have to make a ton of pulls to get either. I guess this means no Falcon for me. Oh well. I was trying to teach people to play with S1 4*. I guess I’m more adamant about it now, seeing how they continue to put key 4* behind more and more paywalls.

Edit: I expect S1 heroes nerf soon… especially 4*.

2 Likes

well, at least they will be available somewhere. remains to be seen how accessible they will be.

3 Likes

I fear this. HA10 would be a good solution… so it will never happen.

1 Like

Also, it just occurred to me that they are retiring five challenge events and, to date, there are only three to replace them - Slayers, Starfall, and [somebody help me; I forgot the other one]. So, two more challenge events - with new heroes to learn - incoming soon.

1 Like

Villains. And the announcement shows we’re getting Challenge Festival in December, so I guess that will be the 4th.

This Challenge Festival hasn’t been in beta yet. I’d need to check, I think lately they’ve been testing new stuff 1-2 months before release… or for some new stuff they haven’t been testing at all (the buffs to Inari, Thoth-Amun, Salmon Loki…)

2 Likes

That is a bummer. Not so much that the events are gone, the older ones all play the same (essentially same stuff, new skin), more that hard to get heroes are now harder.

I was still hoping for Peters, Falcon, and Hansel. That small hope is essentially gone. At least I got Jackal and Gretel before this happened.

Maybe this is their way of listening to players who complained about too many events?

Life goes on …

:beers:

4 Likes

This game has gotten so complicated. I know there are people that are excited for the new content, but personally I’m playing a match-three game instead of some more involved RPG because I just don’t want to think that hard while I’m wasting time…

Somehow I absolutely suck at Slayers event and barely finished. Didn’t even try for improved scores.

Every new thing just seems to push me further out instead of more fun…

4 Likes

hugs and commiserations @Tess_01 . it is getting more complicated eh? I’m still reeling from the retiring of the 5 old challenge events myself.

The Slayers event was tough indeed… I often forgot about that nasty rage bar…

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s Monday.

Wondering if that’s a new event or some kind of event-o-rama of existing stuff, though.

That’s an assumption, but likely a pretty good one. I also feel bad for our friends here who had been targeting Bauchen. I consider myself extremely lucky to have landed Hansel, Gretel, and Falcon, as you say. The others I can live without, I guess.

Same. Slayers is a pill. My goals are usually top 100K/top 50K/top 100K (very modest, obviously), and I even missed top 50K in epic the last two Slayers events. Just brutal.

3 Likes

I found slayers a tad on the easier side… as long as you manage rage and use multi turn type heroes (healer boost, counter, maybe a proteus Mana block) it wasn’t that bad… And the need for items is minimal cause items penalize you by rage bar.

The biggest bummer for me personally is that they constantly keep removing stuff that would help newer f2p/c2p players grow faster. Older challenge events were easier for a newer player to complete, thus gaining a substantial bonus in the form of 3* mats and emblems. In addition, the WE 1 stage would help new players grow their levels extremely fast and collect a lot more challenge coins for some free pulls to start their hero collection.

Ninja tower is the same issue. No sooner I made videos which show how to pass it with literally 20 S1 4*, and they decide to improve it. Note that even the older version of the tower was frowned upon many a player as something requiring too much resources for too little profit.

Next what? Gem entry for Rare quests/ Omega quests/ Trials? Gem entry for new challenge events? Or for tournaments for that matter?

I find no enjoyment in a game where you have to pay to achieve something of note, so I feel like leaving. Moreover I achieved everything I wanted in this game except for training high-level troops and completing Season 3 Hard with 4* (not there yet simply).

3 Likes

Liked your post for the extremely astute observations, not the frustration it is obviously causing you. This is a really well-articulated post about the practical consequences for F2P. Wish it would get more eyeballs, especially from devs.

I am not sure that HA10 would be a good solution. Because then I must also hope they will change HA so that it can produce 4* and 3* too. I don’t expect this. My preferred solution would be for them to be included into the classic portal with Dawa &co.

I don’t mind if Guardian Panther dilutes Horghall and Quintus, and Bauchan the Dawas… But I am afraid that would make them too available. BK, Panther, Finley are still relevant heroes.

1 Like

Even better, obviously, but I can’t imagine a universe where it happens.