The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

@Tess_01 I used to get my heroes wrong all the time. Like, I thought for a while Gregorion was Fast… the costume bonuses and class mana bonuses used to trip me up as well

re defense, I’ve found Reverse to be the most effective for me. Even with my mild cup drop defense, I still stay in Diamond overnight. (Mild because it’s still full of 5*s, just not the most effective I could put).

2 Likes

This is kind of what I run most times in raid tournaments - Krampus tank with Brynhild flank. I really liked Brynhild’s heal reaching all at fast speed, though. Now, my wings - or one side of my D - will have no healing at all.

For the moment, I’m kicking the tires on a double tank formation with Krampus and Heimdall up front and Yang Mai, C. Domitia, and Poseidon in the back.

1 Like

I get the frustration in the change of hit 3 with formations, it was certainly unnecessary. I think it will drastically reduce the added excitement the formations had by essentially fighting reverse formations to anyone/everyone who has unlocked formations. Likely everyone in diamond. Between standard and reverse, reverse is a tougher formation to fight IMO and is more forgiving to subpar heroes on the D team if you lack the premium D heroes. I fully expect more people to use it.

I am not sure the change impacts my attack teams. Hitting everyone is nice, but I really don’t think I would be redoing any attack teams because of it beyond situationally.

I also don’t think it would change any ascension or LB decisions. I always made those calls for the part of the game I actually played, offense. Defense has always been more of a use what’s best but don’t prioritize it. I figured I don’t get to play my defense.

Speaking of raids, I wanted to share this fun one. I was raided and lost to a team with an emblemed and limit broken copy of this guy:

It got me thinking this may be the only person to have a limit broken Agwe … WHC loud and proud. Pretty cool. I wonder what Ameonna’s A value would be or Danzaburo’s HP/D. Anyways, it made me look at their whole team:

I really would not have thought this team would be that effective or be able to hang in diamond, but what do I know :man_shrugging:. More props to them.

:beers:

4 Likes

I had been collecting rogue emblems and was seriously considering re-upping Danza, including breaking him. Then, I got C. Kelile and Francine, so that’s on hold for the foreseeable future. The basic four-star yellows are just SO bad and Danza CAN be amazing.

3 Likes

I have ranted about the poor quality of vanilla yellow 4’s almost as much as vanilla mana control. There is definitely overlap in the complaints.

Danzaburo is definitely under appreciated.

Random note, I maxed Colen’s costume and am thinking of putting fighter emblems on him and seeing how good he is. A lot of people seem to like him.

Wu Kong’s is next. Kind of ends up a Jack O’hare. More useful to me like that than normal as I have Ranvir.

3 Likes

@Gartenerbsen I believe it was you knocking my main elf Buddy above (this now makes us frenemies … also, stop beating my titan scores ). Check out these apples:

Put those stats in your Christmas pipe and smoke it :wink:. Solid 4* hero stats.

4 Likes

Planning to do the same thing with mine. Still a decent tank in four-star tournaments, too.

You see sometimes these amazing teams in diamond, with a lot of cups, and with an attacking team composed of mainly S1 heroes, with only a single non vanilla among them. Hat tip to them. Although the guy who beat you may have had lucky boards.

I liked him very much. I could forgive him the occasions when he screwed my attack up and made me lose with his snowflake, because of how solid he was at tank where I was at that time and because of his other, highly useful and strong specials (strong for that era and for that arena, alas it’s the past…) He is still at +16, I did not take back his emblems, and get him out sometimes for a buff of fresh air.

okay, I will put Buddy in my green team instead of (LB-ed) Almur (then probably indeed I’ll stop beating your titan scores :wink:)

But joke aside, I admit he has very good tank stats, the minions function as healing nearby, and the def- and attack drop is very useful. You can easily find uses for him. I think he just did not fit in my teams back then when I got him. How you find a hero is very strongly depending on who else you have, what is your preferred strategy, which part of the game you enjoy the most. How you value Buddy may be similar how I came to value Colen already back then when people were generally waving him away dismissively: he filled a hole for me, and I started unconsciously arranging teams around him (and a couple of other extremely useful heroes, like Rigard). With those arrangements, I needed Caedmon more than him (dispel buffs, complementing Rigard!)

So he ended up on the margins… By the time I discovered the power of mono or 4+1 or 3+2, I had better heroes (5* also), so he was again left out of the planning.

To tell the truth, whenever I tried him on titans, my scores dropped. So he dropped out from there too. Sorry Buddy, live the easy life here in my castle for the rest of your life, there is beer in the cellars, and please organise winter parties with warm soup and spicy wine with Mom North for the whole castle when Christmas comes… And bring me my pipe!

1 Like

Got a super lucky board! And this is without elemental defense down :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I also feel that this formation 3 change was extremely vague in explanation, still - no big problem to me, despite the fact that my current defense formation is a double with cKashhrek in the middle and I have multiple offensive hit-3 heroes such as Scarlett and Grimm limit broken.

Reason behind that is:

1. I never relied on defense to keep me in Diamond. I guess I will have to switch to Standard formation now (because I lack the A+ heroes for reverse)

2. I ascended those hit-3 heroes like Scarlett or Grimm mainly because of their other qualities - not because they were able to hit all in a double or reverse double formation.

Sadly the devs leave the most unfair formation to roam around, which is the reverse formation. It gives huge advantage to p2w players with numerous A+ power heroes, whereas f2p/c2p players will be blown away if they try to use that formation with the usual suspects - a bunch of slow S1 5* on the defense.

I find that this decision was made (again) in favour of people who spend the most as a gesture of goodwill and probably also to urge to spend more in the future.

So for all of you out there, especially @Noble_Weasel - focus more on offense rather than on defense if you want to stick in Diamond.

3 Likes

Congrats @sleepyhead, this is a crazy score :open_mouth: :1st_place_medal:!

2 Likes

Nice score SleepyDude :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Gartenerbsen @PlayForFun :slight_smile: funny enough, I wanted to change my game name to match my forum name, but thought 500 gems was a crazy price to pay for that lol

4 Likes

I don’t get it. Changing your account name requires 500 gems. Changing your alliance name is free. I wanted to offer you help with an alt account of lvl 10 with multiple gems which that account will never use.

1 Like

even 50 gems would be a lot to pay to change a name…

I read somewhere that it was done, so players could not change their names and go on harassing other players… don’t know how true that is though. I stay away from the in-game global chat, and I don’t know how blocking is done there (I expect it should be by game account, not by user name…)

1 Like

There is a new found respect for Rudolph, or rather a newfound hatred for RNG AI that if they want you to lose, they will find ways to make you lose in the most diabolical way possible.

Monday I had pretty good luck throughout the day in this week’s 3* Tourney, was perfect 4 with no crosses. Then I came across this team with Rudolph tank, thinking, you know I probably won’t try to strong blue against it, and basically just tried my usual team (I have a habit of not changing teams).

So board started and there were hardly any blue tiles, which is good because there were plenty of other colors. So the board proceeded to do tons of rainbows of other colors that usually ends up killing Rudolph in the middle, but Rudolph, being the fighter class, revived a total of 4 times and each time with full mana to go and proceeded to one-shot each and every one of my team and I lost that way.

Way to ruin my perfect tourney day, RNGesus.

2 Likes

That was my rule of thumb for a long time, but when I finally hit on a defense that kept me in diamond basically automatically, it sure was nice. One less thing to worry about.

Awesome hit, @sleepyhead . About 8K ahead of my best hit.

It is. When I started, I used my RL first name. Then, I used my free change to get my game name to match my forum name - except I had a brain fart and spelled it Nobel - like the dude who invented dynamite. So, I ended up spending 500 gems to swap two letters!

3 Likes

:rofl:

You know, if that happens to me, I would’ve fallen into a deep cogitation. Should I change simply back to NobleWeasel, or if such a nice opportunity presents itself, should I grab it and name myself NobelWombat? The same self-contradictory drift, but hinting at my fabulous intelligence :wink:

3 Likes

I still have my free name change on my main account. However there are a number of alts I want to rename, no luck there, all free names used up already…

@Noble_Weasel you sure you don’t like boom goes the Dynamite?

It’s worse if you actually had a spent your free name change and made a typo in the process (like you want to say Acme, but accidentally typed Acne and confirmed it), and to decide whether to spend 500 gems to correct a typo, start a brand new profile, or maybe just quit the game outright because you are not going to spend 500 in-game currencies to change a typo (this last bit might even be a blessing in disguise, given the direction this game had taken).

3 Likes