The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Your not the only one. I love that show!!! Monk is the best :rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

My view is that July will give elemental link that will help me charge up Gullinbursti/Vivica so I can use my healer. June obvious has the same mechanic but I don’t have the same worry about charging a slow healer.

If it were me and I liked both equally I’d use half of the coins in June.

2 Likes

@Ruskin505, While I applaud your desire to help give back by wanting to be a part of the moderator crew, I hope you know what you are getting into should you be accepted for the beta application.

First on the moderator crew, you are doing a thankless job, constantly organizing, which you said you enjoy doing, you are very often having to step in to use your judgment on whether something is appropriate for the forum, and perhaps it is, but rubs you the wrong way, do you allow it to continue. You now wear a moderator hat, so there will be times when you’d have to take a different stance than what you normally would if you were not a moderator.

The forum is not what it once was, where players come to seek information, share ideas, joke about things they find in this game, now it is constantly filled with vitriol, complaints, and when the moderator steps in, they are accosted of being a SGG staff. All of this does take a toll on the mind and though they may not come out to say it, aside from game contents being released, the forum experience probably also attributed to some of our forum moderators’ departure. If this sounds like something you would like to tackle, by all means, the existing crew can use the help, I just wish they (and you, should you be selected) be compensated in some way for the verbal flak and abuse the mods frequently gets.

Now on being a Beta tester, play with the latest unreleased toys, being able to summon heroes non-stop without time limit or resource constraints, providing feedback of your testing experience, all in a simulated environment, sign and agreeing to a TOS saying not to share any beta content to the public. Very exciting, straightforward, but I know you have been reading the forum posts because of your increased activity on the forum, is how beta testers, those who actually do test and do provide feedback of what their experiences are testing the contents are treated, and these beta testers are likely those that genuinely wanted to do a good job for a game in which they obviously care dearly about.

I am not sure how many total beta testers are out there for this game, but when some of more vocal ones, including some of our moderators expressed their dissatisfactions on the action the game is taken, it’s very frequently and mostly about how their views and feedbacks are largely ignored and game contents released regardless of what they say. Almost seems like they have no intention of listening to beta testers and will release said contents regardless, and having a beta testing environment just seem like a show they put out to the investors to say they are getting players involved in their game development.

Now, in reading some of your posts, you are reflected as someone who cares for and are passionate about this game, I just hope that, if you do get into the beta environment, it is everything you hoped that it will be for you and not something that will ultimately make you feel disenchanted about the game.

Best of luck to you on both fronts.

3 Likes

I already do a lot of merge flagging. I just want to be able to help the other moderators. I’ll guess I’ve sent 300+ merge flags and only one was rejected. That’s 299+ times someone else had to do work. Maybe I just need merging privileges. I’m going to do it anyways moderator or not.

I tend to take a pretty pro SG stance on the forums. If someone feels better by accusing me of working for SG there’s nothing I can do to stop them.
I’ve spent my career doing insurance/banking analytics. They don’t exactly have the best public perception. I believe SG could screw us much more if they wanted.

As for beta I don’t care so much for what ideally would be determining direction of the game. I literally just want to play the game more. Give me access to new fancy heroes and I’ll gladly spend some time playing around with them.
I do my morning chests. Then again at night. Especially working at home I could use more random raids in the middle of the day. I don’t want an alt. I just want to play around in a way us as f2p will never get a chance. I’m give my opinion but I don’t need to be listened to. as an aside I’m constantly amazed at how many people feel their opinion needs to be considered by SG.

4 Likes

I also kinda wish SG would give me access to their data. I’d love to post fun analytics for the community. It won’t ever happen. I consider one of their biggest weaknesses is more random stats for the community.
Win rates
Most epic battle
Largest tp difference raid win
Luckiest summon

2 Likes

FYI fellow F2Pers:

:beers:

3 Likes

Exactly. Reason why I would never be a beta tester.

2 Likes

stuff like these would be fun… win rates vs. each kind of formation, for example.

alas, we are limited to anecdotal evidence, and looking at the defenses of the top 100…

1 Like

Thanks @SamMe :blush:!

20thanks

1 Like

re your pro SG-stance, it is nice to understand the context behind it. I’ve worked for banks myself… I can see why you think that way.

Re people thinking SG should listen to their opinions… I don’t think SG should listen to every single one, but there are some things - like this limit breaker thing, or costumes for non vanilla heroes - where a large majority of comments/posts/beta feedback / poll responses on this forum were overwhelmingly negative. which is odd because SG solicits feedback from beta. so i understand why a lot of people are upset that SG does not listen. Shouldn’t that be the point of beta?

2 Likes

If they had a costume in the game, yes. E.g. Hel will not have a costume. But you can get a NEW 5* costume, which for me is the best SG has done in the recent months :clinking_glasses:

It seems to me that July’s hotm is worth to pull for, if not for anything else, but for her dispel ability. I haven’t yet looked at the next hotms in August or in September, but I will burn through my EHTs for her, not for the SE 5* heroes.

2 Likes

A rare gem :grin: :medal_military:! My positivity has been slowly dissipating during the last year.

1 Like

Yes, based on my experience with Reuben’s minions, I wouldn’t really acknowledge Glenda’s minions either (they have the same elemental link).

Now that would indeed be interesting!

1 Like

That makes sense. I wasn’t sure if it was based on a costume in game or costume on a players roster.

I read mixed reports on Elradir in his thread. I wanted him because I was weak in green (still not my best colour, I think), and because specifically, I thought he can work with my other greens. Which is something you should consider, I think, before you go for him.

The problem with him is that he is not a primary damage dealer (far from it), and that in order for him to reflect back DoT to the opponent the DoT needs to be left on him. But, of course, with AoE DoT hitters, your whole team gets the damage. So it is a hard balancing act, and most likely you will have to bring cleansers too, even though that is not a good synergy, for the cases when Elradir is not ready when the DoT hits.

I still wanted him because of some specific heroes on my roster:

• Mother North, who can benefit from Elradir’s mana boost, and who can revive the team if things go south;
  • Almur, who is the green elemental def-downer on my team and can boost his damage; also Buddy and now Marcel, who are additional possibilities for def-down,
  • and the two cKashreks and Prof Lidenbrock who are overhealers.

So I think that’s the most important with Elradir, to consider carefully if you have heroes to counter the downsides of his special.

2 Likes

I find this thread to be to be one of the most positive, empathetic, and detailed. At times there are too many long posts for me to keep up with everything and I feel bad.

I like this little f2p community we have. Maybe it’s the relatively small size and activeness.

4 Likes

True, I generally agree with that. I outlined above my original intent too. Before LJ +20 took the 5th spot in my mono it was Elkanen +18. That team actually worked well with Buddy dropping D, Elkanen hitting 3 and then Lianna and Caedmon clean up. He is essentially an Elkanen that hits harder and does a lot more stuff.

An upgrade either way and functional outside of mono.

Same is true in my yellow. I would keep Joon +19 and Gullinbursti +20 but the other 3 can be changed. They are typically:

Justice +5 (I think)
Leo +8 (I think)
Gretel +20

A team of mana control and blinding. Not something someone would intentionally design but it actually works using what I have. The yellow HotM would be an upgrade and also functional outside of mono.

Kind of a win-win as both monos are adequate for me now. Definitely not my weakest colors. That is making the one big assumption I get them when summoning :laughing:. Given Shrikewood is here that should be tonic #12 so I can do Horghall and HotM. Only wrench there is if I get Yunan too. I think I only have 8 darts or so. Someone is waiting in yellow either way. Probably Viv if I got HotM, Rana, or Roc.

My roster is generally 5* weak so I don’t need to think too hard for who to go after as almost any newer hero is an upgrade. Most my mono are still littered with 4’s. That being said I wish there were both:

• More unique 4’s to get
  • More opportunities to get them

Meh, they’re alright … :wink:

3 Likes

That’s almost a Brit reaction :grin:

2 Likes

But I must admit I am not FTP. I buy the middle Valor Pass and I’ll probably extend my VIP for the gems and the daily double pull. I also find this price to be acceptable for the whole game experience (though indeed a bit on the expensive side as older games went), but this is very subjective.

1 Like