The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Hoard them. I doubt I’ll make much use out of them. Most of our wars are with middling alliances so I don’t imagine we’ll see a lot of them, maybe the odd one.

Maybe I will pick a hero that I have on defense and/or use often. More than likely a hero that I think I would always use. Mother North comes to mind as a resurrection hero with 50% possibility never goes out of style. Of course that’s really 25% for me, and 75% on the defense which averages to 50%, but that’s another matter.

2 Likes

Compared to everything I’ve read from others I guess I’m in the minority that at least doesn’t hate them.

I look at each aspect of the game:
Map stages: this will make completing easier stages easier for folks. This doesn’t impact me as I’ve finished through season 3. I’m wondering if I’ll need limit breakers to eventually complete season four. But that’s a year out so I’m not super worried.

Raids: emblems will go to defense first. Luckily I’m an avid cup dropper so if I limit breakers my heroes and my platinum opponents aren’t there yet then I have an advantage. I only raid to fill the chest anyways. Wouldn’t do it much otherwise. Do wish there was an autoplay button when I’ll clearly win.

Titans: bigger titan scores means more loot.

War: similar to raids but here I’ll lose more. I’ve always been curious what people want the win rate to be. From other posts top players win over 80% of raids. Yes it’s fun to win, but does it need to be so high? If it drops to 70% no problem. I was one of the few that loved field aid wars because of the strategy even though it lowered win rate. If SG also drops the 20% buff then it nets out to no impact unless offense uses top heroes in which they’ll have an advantage. Good luck getting that right.

Challenge events: best heroes here aren’t necessarily the common ones to limit break. Those going for top scores may choose differently but i doubt I’ll notice a difference trying to get top 10k/5k/10k. This also applies to mythic titan and ninja tower.

Resource management: this will be flag and resource intensive.

Summary for me is I don’t see a problem. So I’ll lose a little more. We don’t track win rates or scores in my alliance. I doubt I’ll see a large change relative to my alliance members.

Biggest reason to hate this is if you’re a paying player. Money spent to get to a certain level in the past does not equal future success.

If limit breakers are not included in offers that would help to address the “gap” between p2p and f2p. Wel inevitably see a large request to increase the availability and I expect one day they’ll be for sale.

The biggest question I have is why? SG knows they can make more money from costumes or new content. Why bother with this? Why not change emblems to 25 for the time being? I can’t imagine this increases revenue much more than new heroes do.

I hate to say this last part but part of me wants players to quit beta. The biggest reason I spend so much time on the forum is to boost my profile so I can get into beta. I want to do it just to play around with new heroes that I’ll never get otherwise. If more quit, maybe that opens some spots up? I was even debating taking over creating some master threads but @PlayForFun has stepped up wonderfully!

2 Likes

Thanks again @Gartenerbsen, and congrats on both Candy and Elradir!! :partying_face::tada::tada:

Wowza, 35 EHTs. That’s a really nice stash which may be enough for a HOTM or seasonal 5*. Good luck with your SE pulls! :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Congrats on your Elradir @Sam-I-Am! :partying_face::tada:

I’m strongly against limit breakers. We already have to collect mats for ascension. Then they added emblems. It is too much for me.

1 Like

I am kind of the same as I outlined above @Ruskin505 . The difference it’ll make to my play style and game is very small.

I have 2 unrelated questions as well I figured some of you may know:

1 - How do costumes in HA work? Is it true you can only get a costume out of the 5* you retrained had a costume?

2 - I couldn’t find it when I looked but does anyone have details on next months HotM? I expect SE to overlap with June and July. Intend to blow all 12 current EHTs plus the 2 you get (usually) from the event. 14 will be my biggest attempt to date (I am not a great saver) so :crossed_fingers:.

I am saving up to 3k gems again. Over 1k so making headway. Costumes was my last 10 pull and I was a little burned. Leaning towards S3. It’ll be a while yet.

:beers:

1 Like

If you just want the threads for the HOTM:

Do you prefer holy dispeller with powerful minion? Or slow sif/Odin counter?

Both will be good for very fast, but I only see myself using Devana in regular usage.

I’m having the same quandary. I’ll probably do a few pulls but I’m more likely to save for Halloween.

2 Likes

Thanks @Ruskin505 . So SE will overlap with July and August not June and July? For some reason I had it in my head it was earlier. :man_shrugging:

I didn’t know that was a thing … I also don’t have a good reason for posting here beyond “Just ‘cause”. :laughing:

By the zero power vested in me by anyone of any kind of authority (rightfully so) I dub thee approved as a beta tester. You may now kiss whomever/whatever you deem appropriate . Just tell them Muchacho sent you at the door :+1: (be ready to duck)

4 Likes

I have not seen anything to that effect. AFAIK, it is just a 5% bonus chance on any S1 retrain.

I feel like Devana is the better of the two. If I were pulling during SE, I’d target her even though I’m out of darts.

2 Likes

Whoops that’s my bad. I don’t know when it will be. Last year it started June 29 so you’re probably right. I have a longe rbacklog of green heroes than holy so I’ll still go July if I do summon.

I don’t think anyone knows what it takes to get in beta but given one of the questions is your forum name and you need a certain trust level to even see the post, I’ve seen speculation that more active forum users are more likely to get accepted. So after not getting in last beta application phase I ramped up my forum use.

I’d also be open to being a moderator. I’d love to merge threads more easily. I’m a big believer in forum organization. I like to give back. The quest for beta/moderator and well as helping on the forum is more fun than the actual game.

5 Likes

Now it is tough. Both current HotM and July (yellow) HotM would make my mono team. I can ascend one green (1 tonic short of 12, so probably max a second by the time I finish the first) and one yellow and currently have 1 hero in each color at 3:70 in Horghall and Vivica (no maxed 5* healer anywhere on this roster, FYI). My target is SE which has Yunan, Rana, and Roc in those colors.

Now I need to debate if I:

• Use 12 EHTs in June when SE starts for the green HotM and burn the ones I get from event in July?

• Split EHTs 7 and 7?

• Use all 14 in July?

Either way, no 5* hero gets leveled in those colors until after SE summons.

The green guy could swap in for LJ +20 or, if I need the AoE mana slow, c-Caedmon as I almost wouldn’t want to cleanse. C-Melendor can still dispel.

Yellow there are many swap options. My only minion maker is Buddy and a pseudo one in Glenda. TBH I don’t even acknowledge Glenda’s. They die so fast I rarely see more then one briefly on any hero. Maybe I am using her wrong. Zulag and Reuben had that power too I believe. Any tips from the crowd here?

1 Like

Your not the only one. I love that show!!! Monk is the best :rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

My view is that July will give elemental link that will help me charge up Gullinbursti/Vivica so I can use my healer. June obvious has the same mechanic but I don’t have the same worry about charging a slow healer.

If it were me and I liked both equally I’d use half of the coins in June.

2 Likes

@Ruskin505, While I applaud your desire to help give back by wanting to be a part of the moderator crew, I hope you know what you are getting into should you be accepted for the beta application.

First on the moderator crew, you are doing a thankless job, constantly organizing, which you said you enjoy doing, you are very often having to step in to use your judgment on whether something is appropriate for the forum, and perhaps it is, but rubs you the wrong way, do you allow it to continue. You now wear a moderator hat, so there will be times when you’d have to take a different stance than what you normally would if you were not a moderator.

The forum is not what it once was, where players come to seek information, share ideas, joke about things they find in this game, now it is constantly filled with vitriol, complaints, and when the moderator steps in, they are accosted of being a SGG staff. All of this does take a toll on the mind and though they may not come out to say it, aside from game contents being released, the forum experience probably also attributed to some of our forum moderators’ departure. If this sounds like something you would like to tackle, by all means, the existing crew can use the help, I just wish they (and you, should you be selected) be compensated in some way for the verbal flak and abuse the mods frequently gets.

Now on being a Beta tester, play with the latest unreleased toys, being able to summon heroes non-stop without time limit or resource constraints, providing feedback of your testing experience, all in a simulated environment, sign and agreeing to a TOS saying not to share any beta content to the public. Very exciting, straightforward, but I know you have been reading the forum posts because of your increased activity on the forum, is how beta testers, those who actually do test and do provide feedback of what their experiences are testing the contents are treated, and these beta testers are likely those that genuinely wanted to do a good job for a game in which they obviously care dearly about.

I am not sure how many total beta testers are out there for this game, but when some of more vocal ones, including some of our moderators expressed their dissatisfactions on the action the game is taken, it’s very frequently and mostly about how their views and feedbacks are largely ignored and game contents released regardless of what they say. Almost seems like they have no intention of listening to beta testers and will release said contents regardless, and having a beta testing environment just seem like a show they put out to the investors to say they are getting players involved in their game development.

Now, in reading some of your posts, you are reflected as someone who cares for and are passionate about this game, I just hope that, if you do get into the beta environment, it is everything you hoped that it will be for you and not something that will ultimately make you feel disenchanted about the game.

Best of luck to you on both fronts.

3 Likes

I already do a lot of merge flagging. I just want to be able to help the other moderators. I’ll guess I’ve sent 300+ merge flags and only one was rejected. That’s 299+ times someone else had to do work. Maybe I just need merging privileges. I’m going to do it anyways moderator or not.

I tend to take a pretty pro SG stance on the forums. If someone feels better by accusing me of working for SG there’s nothing I can do to stop them.
I’ve spent my career doing insurance/banking analytics. They don’t exactly have the best public perception. I believe SG could screw us much more if they wanted.

As for beta I don’t care so much for what ideally would be determining direction of the game. I literally just want to play the game more. Give me access to new fancy heroes and I’ll gladly spend some time playing around with them.
I do my morning chests. Then again at night. Especially working at home I could use more random raids in the middle of the day. I don’t want an alt. I just want to play around in a way us as f2p will never get a chance. I’m give my opinion but I don’t need to be listened to. as an aside I’m constantly amazed at how many people feel their opinion needs to be considered by SG.

4 Likes

I also kinda wish SG would give me access to their data. I’d love to post fun analytics for the community. It won’t ever happen. I consider one of their biggest weaknesses is more random stats for the community.
Win rates
Most epic battle
Largest tp difference raid win
Luckiest summon

2 Likes

FYI fellow F2Pers:

3 Likes

Exactly. Reason why I would never be a beta tester.

2 Likes

stuff like these would be fun… win rates vs. each kind of formation, for example.

alas, we are limited to anecdotal evidence, and looking at the defenses of the top 100…

1 Like

Thanks @SamMe :blush:!

20thanks

1 Like

re your pro SG-stance, it is nice to understand the context behind it. I’ve worked for banks myself… I can see why you think that way.

Re people thinking SG should listen to their opinions… I don’t think SG should listen to every single one, but there are some things - like this limit breaker thing, or costumes for non vanilla heroes - where a large majority of comments/posts/beta feedback / poll responses on this forum were overwhelmingly negative. which is odd because SG solicits feedback from beta. so i understand why a lot of people are upset that SG does not listen. Shouldn’t that be the point of beta?

2 Likes