The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Congrats on completing S3 Hard mode @Shohoku79!

I would wait and see which three S3 5* are featured in the next S3 portal, or check which upcoming HOTM appeal most to you. Reason for checking HOTM is because the summoning odd is higher (1.3%) than for the featured S3 5% (1%)/greater chance to get a HOTM.

Otherwise, maybe wait until you level up, and get free additional hero slots before making your first pulls in S3. :wink:

2 Likes

Both mine are emblemed and 800 A or higher. Scarlett is almost 900. Those ladies are lethal.

:beers:

EDIT:

Congrats @Shohoku79 !

2 Likes

Truly inspirational, @Shohoku79 .

I only feel bad because you beat me to it. That was one of the last challenges remaining out there for my S1 4* army to conquer - S2 S3 Hard mode and Ninja Tower are all that’s left.

But by the time I get there I may at least try to refine your strategy so that it can happen at least 90-95% of the time.

Still it’s nice to know it can be done. Now comes the refinement part.

I also think you should spend some of your coins on the next Valhalla portal, because 4* heroes like Almur and Jott will help you get far better scores on challenge events, Ninja tower or Mythic Titan.

1 Like

I have read about how helpful they were when season 3 was trending. If there is a defining key for season 3, I think it should be largely about the Over-heal, followed by the minion heroes at a somewhat second.

I probably would or could have had some of the above mentioned heroes had I summoned earlier, but it was the restriction I placed for myself. (e.g. play with season 3 heroes until the summoning pool is totally diluted).

I collect heroes, and keep one copy of every unique 3* and above I get. Gems are of course, hoarded if I needed to do more pulls than the in-game currencies for the event (e.g. Challenge Coins, Costume Keys, etc.). I sure can purchase roster spaces with gems to help ease things up a bit. But I kind of wanted to see it happen naturally, or rather randomly/spontaneously. Yet another restriction I placed on myself.

I mean, sure, if I don’t summon, I won’t get new heroes, right? But I do typically summon during the challenge events with C coins, always use keys during costumes, if I can get enough Atlantis Coins during AR, I typically would drop 100 in the slot machine, because I still have some S2 heroes left to collect, Tavern Coins, however crappy the odds are, and if I have EHTs, I can try my luck during seasonal events. It’s too bad that troop portals don’t grant HoTM chances because I sure have more ETT than I do EHT.

Since we are approaching the end of the month, that pretty much puts me out of running for Yang Mai. In my current controlled measures, I guess they next unique hero that would force me to purchase roster space will probably have to be a HoTM.

Oh, I have no doubt you will craft better solutions with time and experience, my friend. My strategy isn’t perfect and still quite a few things still could’ve gone wrong. Some may not even call using Proteus a strategy, but I was really looking to just finish and grab the AMs and the last bits of the V Coins, so I didn’t really care. Besides, Proteus alone isn’t going to be the answer, he needs a supporting cast (e.g. my Proteus was not emblemed and he needed every bit of Wilbur’s Def up and SL). But in the end, it wasn’t heroes with super specials (overheal, resurrect, etc.) or minion makers that got me through, but rather, relying on the strategy I’ve largely used throughout later part of S2, and the entire S3, tile damage.

They will be spent in the days to come. And thanks for letting me know who I should keep an eye on. I am more for finishing challenge stages more efficiently, since I am really looking for completion each time. Ninja Tower, I have finished climbing twice (first and second months), didn’t even bother to climb the next two (I got lazy and didn’t want to deal with Oni Curses) - I did play a few stages just so I can collect the participation rewards.

4 Likes

Stoked for you, @Shohoku79 . Told you before, but I really admire you playing the game your way. I’d love to have a video of you using those hard-earned and patiently collected V coins. I hope you have excellent fortune with them.

I understand burning them all at once, but you might pull up if you land the HotM. No sense pulling dupes of that, especially as you don’t keep dupes. I haven’t touched my dupe Vela or Bertila, but I had other reasons to keep summoning when I pulled them.

As always, though, you do you. But know that I’m legit happy to read this post from you.

3 Likes

Making a separate post here to separate from my happy-happies for the homie @Shohoku79 . This Underwild was my last chance to land Yang Mai, who y’all know I’ve been chasing, since I’m out of red projects and have no non-S1 reds. Had six pulls on S4 coins and about 4900 gems. Pulled some pretty good heroes, including a new red project, Mack, who I liked the look of for no-blue or buff booster four-star tourneys. Also landed Tettukh, who looks quite good, even with my recently completed Hansel for green mana control. Grabbed a blue three-star cleanser in fish-boy Helo and a fifth yellow for my rare mono crew (Poppy). Even landed a featured hero in Ressula, but the jury is very much out on how good she is. Still no Yang Mai, but three of the stupid mole and FIVE Gramps. I’m not even sold on that doofus the way most people seem to be. So sick of seeing him.

Since I was then down to single-digit gems, that was pretty much that, until I remembered I have some Google Play credit. I’ve been going for broke - why stop now? Noticed today’s offer says “get 5 heroes”. It’s not the usual deal that I buy, but I did have enough to spring for $4.99 USD, and it seemed like that was the most pulls I could get for what I had. Consulted the excellent math analysis by our beloved @Guvnor here, which convinced me that this was, indeed, a pretty good value, as SGG offers go. So away with my pretend Google dollars and in with the Underwild gems. First pull - I see the green lightning, and I already know it’s another Gramps. Ugh.

But then…

What’s this?

BOOM SHAKA LAKA!

Guess y’all are stuck with me a while longer. I’m sure this will keep me around until I get her leveled.

11 Likes

congrats @Noble_Weasel on your new red project! and your eleventy-ith Gramps. :laughing:

i’m with you, though. at this point i feel like saving up all my gems and coins for Underwild @Shohoku79 style. i don’t think i can do any better this month than getting YM.

party time! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Awesome, I’m happy for you @Noble_Weasel! :partying_face::tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

@Noble_Weasel - Mi compadre… Congrats on finally netting your dream girl, and that had better be your lovely wife, mother to your children.

Joking aside, I just hope that getting YM is worth all the summoning resources you have saved up to this point. Going for broke can mean a lot things and different for everyone (at least it turned dividends at the end). There was so much building up to this and when it finally happened, I just hope it doesn’t leave an empty feeling (it’s strange, but some people do feel that way after getting something they have been wishing for for a while). Just hope you have enough projects to work on all around, until the next “must-have” hero comes along and hope it is not too soon.

Thank you for the well wishes, nothing spectacular is going to happen is my guess. And I already am not going to splurge all the coins at once, either. So, no Valhalla summoning party, aside from maybe just one or two pulls each month. If I also land the HoTM of that month, gravy. If not, not the end of the world. I’ve got my roster masochism working on my back end.

Me style? :laughing: You are too kind.

But it is an acquired taste, you’d have to remain largely a hermit (Obi-Wan Kenobi style) throughout when the season 4 is trending, avoid venturing into the summoning portal aside from just browsing the art, avoid the temptation of dropping Underpants Coins at a whim or weak feelings in the knees, use largely your own existing resources if you run into them in raids, wars and tourneys, turn away from large discussions of how awesome and OP some of the new heroes are, and if you are like me, I haven’t even started season 4 progress and I have no plans to start any time soon. Who knows, I’ve largely been playing catch up in season 3, perhaps I will introduce yet another play style for myself, maybe by the time season 5 is announced, I might actually start season 4.

My gems are now largely saved for costumes, which could potentially get me semi-new heroes without taking up roster space. I love costumes.

4 Likes

Congrats, I was also trying for her but no luck.

2 Likes

heyyy nice @Noble_Weasel ! sometimes one extra pull is all we need… glad the chasing worked out, and enjoy your new Yang Mai! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No doubt, my friend. Yang Mai is just so many pixels on a screen. A little perspective is always a good thing.

Ya know, I think it will be. I had specific goals in mind for targeting Yang Mai. I had no non-S1 red legendaries before her. Box checked. I needed a red project to keep me interested for at least a few months until Halloween summons, which are my next best chance to get new heroes. Box checked. I needed someone to join my red mono team that would allow me to strip Elena’s emblems for Bertila. Box checked. The best we can do is plan in light of the situation we have today, and in my situation, I think getting Yang Mai was the best available upgrade for me. I don’t see any “can’t miss” heroes in beta right now - at least any that I have a reasonable shot at - and the last “can’t miss” hero I chased (and failed to get) was Telluria, and look how that turned out. Yang Mai may not live up to expectations, and she may get nerfed into something less useful. If she does, she can sit in the corner and cry with my two Velas. :cry:

4 Likes

So many good news these last days, @Noble_Weasel, @Shohoku79 ! I am happy to hear your good news, both of you!

5 Likes

Hey all, so, I keep toying with the whole emblem thing.

If I’m working on Kiril, and I want to go shield (do I?), is it that simple?

Do I just keep choosing the little shield icons? As opposed to the sword icons?

Figured it was better to be slightly embarrassed than paralyzed with doubt… :grimacing::joy:

2 Likes

@Igmuhota … Here is my Kiril +20. Shield all the way:

With costume, it looks like this:

So shield (defense) first. Then heart (health) next. Then sword (attack). That would be your priority of choosing emblems.

Don’t be embarrassed. Keep asking questions. We’re here to help.

4 Likes

I too am running out of Red Heroes to work on, Noor was maxed, and now Jean Françoise is on approaching 3^70 (or did he cross already, I can’t be for certain), and he will be the last red project I will have to work on, unless I get some other red heroes to drop (costumes included).

I was on my last blue hero to work on as well since finishing with Richard and now Glenda who used too much Splenda is up, but I don’t have enough Scopes for her as my slight abundance of blue HoTM kind of took them away. But with the Boril costume drop, he’ll probably get a bulk of the blue feeders to max him out first. Kind of my delaying tactic as I wait for the mats.

For Green I have Atomos on the last tier left to finish, Horghall costume already waiting for his original at 3^70 so that will probably take the longest.

Purple heroes is probably another pressing one as Domitia is already on the last tier, but having Guardian Bat showing up will delay some of her progress.

For Yellow there is Leonidas on the last tier, and Joon waiting.

Those are literally who I still have to finish, after that I will have no one to work on. Who knows, maybe I will just start summoning Valhalla at that point, because that will sure get me something to work on… :laughing: I keep making these seemingly self pain-inflicting plans for myself don’t I? It’s like I am a glutton for pain.

For your sake, I hope she is balanced enough to now having worry about nerfing / buffing talks, and if Telluria / Vela treatment is what befalls her, I am not sure if you will play any more because she was so resource intensive for you to acquire.

3 Likes

Wait, so they turn into swords with the costume?

Edit: just brought him up to node 4, and that’s exactly what happens! Cool!

2 Likes

Yes @Igmuhota. Costumes change the emblems a bit. We can’t control that.

If you want to maximize Kiril’s costume, you can choose Wizard emblems that map directly to Sorcerer.

2 Likes

Congratulations @Noble_Weasel. So happy you got Yang Mai. She’s a hoot. I don’t read hero cards. So it surprised me when she punched FOUR times. Clobbered a whole mob wave by herself. Unleveled too.

Congratulations @Shohoku79! Do you have good luck with costumes? That portal does not like me at all. Still hoping for our first legendary.

2 Likes

When you say maximize, I’m guessing I want that?

Have I already screwed him up choosing the shield path?

I’ve got a second sitting at 3/60. Maybe I could finish him as well and do one of each path?

Emblems give me hives. :blush::roll_eyes::joy:

1 Like