The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 2)

I second this. I was more motivated to try the impossible stages on Styx Tower since my roster wasn’t devastated by curses by the end of normal. If you have the time, I found it fun. I skipped 5 flags on one day because I forgot and fled on one flag where my only healer got double tapped on wave one, but otherwise, I successfully completed all my flags. Overheal plus minions has been key. Went mono on every stage. All that said, I’m just inside the top 50000 for now, so all this work might leave me with five more emblems per class than just stopping at normal, which usually puts me in the ten-per-class band comfortably.

3 Likes

I found it fun as well. Challenging, given my roster, but fun. Definitely prefer this mechanic to curses — it feels less punitive.

Agree on the loot tiers. They’re kinda sad compared to the effort. But, for me they’re just the cherry on top.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought as well. Heimdall never got that much use than during this tower. I’ve “only” completed the normal level so far, but that’s at least much more than I’d done in the other towers. I agree that the soul grasp is much more motivating than the curse-the-hero-only-options in the other tower events.

3 Likes

Yes, this event is very challenging especially without overheal (I have 0 overhealer heroes which affect all allies and it more then 3 star hero), but luckily I am performing better than in Beta so far.
So far I have only 1 loss in Impossible 12, so I could only complete Impossible 14 today.

During using my flags today I have accidently found a way to reduce the Soul Graps damage to 1 :slight_smile:

I have started to bring Titanium Shield with me, and it seems to be having this effect :slight_smile:
Miracle Scroll is also very useful.

5 Likes

ooh good tips, I think I will do that… I got stuck on Impossible 18, failed 3x already!

2 Likes

And Titanium Shield effect duration seems to be unaffected by the Erratic time.
So it gives full protection for 3 of your heroes for 4 turns. and if you lunch it before the bosses damage skill about to fire, then they will deal a great amount of damage to themselves :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Even though it’s a newer challenge to try go far (e.g. 50 stages total) and can be done with regular energy, there comes a point where I think I will stop too. No normal overheal hero to help out was a bit much. Just finished on Impossible 8 where Euro Bus did 2000 damage on special took my overhealed (by hand tiles), 3 Styx Minions (on 40% HP each), Defense Stacked, Defense buffed 4^80 LB 5* +20 hero in one hit.

No, just no.

4 Likes

Yeah. They pack a serious punch. I figure I’ll just go as far as I can without using resources. An extra few emblems and coins just isn’t worth it.

Doesn’t help that I chose the 250 health blessing when mana is below 50%, which has a bug. And, of course, I picked it twice. :rofl:

2 Likes

You are doing quite well if you are not spending resources. I craft my resources in small batches every day and can afford to use a few whenever there is an event, but I won’t go overboard in spending them. But something that can kill you off in one hit like that is where I draw the line.

Oh, I don’t think I have come across that particular blessing yet. I think they are randomized so everyone gets different choice of 3 every time a blessing is given, right? A bug you say? Getting released into the live game without fully testing to make sure it is bug free? Surely not this game!

4 Likes

you are brilliant, @PlayForFun , thanks! I just cleared Impossible 21 only because of Titanium Shield, timed it just as the last boss used his special. Would probably have died without it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@PlayForFun . I made it - thanks again for your titanium shield tip!

write up for anyone interested, might help those also trying to reach the top (or bottom as the case may be!)

5 Likes

Yay! Congrats on your Nyx and Brontes @sleepyhead!! :partying_face::tada::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Congratulaitons @sleepyhead :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you @SamMe , @PlayForFun :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I so wish I read this before the last stages lol, that will make tower much easier next time should see how many shields I have.

37 it looks like, but can also make more (once I research it).

2 Likes

Made it to level 22. Not too bad. Got stuck on 21. Figured I’d riff on the titanium shield thing and subbed in c-Elena and plenty of healing, which did the trick. I keep forgetting that newer isn’t always better when it comes to heroes! Kinda irritated I didn’t think of it sooner…

2 Likes

I was getting stuck around 14 until I subbed Elena in and she carried me until I ran out of energy at 18. I’m still debating if I’m going to pop a flask or go to bed. It’s getting late!

Overheal and minions is definitely the way to go. Of course, the pig isn’t only oberhealer, so when druids are outside gets difficult. I definitely agree with the comments about this tower being more enjoyable. The others I have quit long before this point simply because I wasn’t enjoying it as I lost heroes!

Update; I had a flask in inventory, so I ran a few
More levels to get me in the top 25k. Next time I may try to finish, but Guli is tired and needs a rest :wink:

2 Likes

@sleepyhead
Congrats on completing it.
I got to Impossible 17 and just said that it wasn’t worth the effort. I didn’t bother using all my flags yesterday and just used a few today.
I think one of the things that I really lack is an overhealer. I brought 2 healers with me, but that’s not really sufficient to deal with the attacks given that Onatel (when allowed) isn’t always effective. By the time I get to the final bosses, I may have some heroes overhealed (due to soul grasp), but others just topped up. All it takes is one special on the hero with full health and they die.
Maybe if I get an overhealer I’ll give it a shot to complete impossible, but otherwise I’ll just climb down as far as I can before it become a chore.

3 Likes

Thanks @Quinn3 - yeah overheal is essential, and overhealing from soul grasps alone isn’t enough sadly …

2 Likes

Congrats @sleepyhead . I also made it, although the StyxTower’s impossible floors look far more uninviting to newbies (compared to NT or ToM) due to the larger amount of quality heroes you have to have to complete the dmn thing. Whereas you can pass all the Impossible floors of a NT with only S1 limit broken 4 and 3* (because of high number of blessings), you can’t hope to do the same in Styx because of the low number of blessings, the huge slash/bomb damage due to that low number of blessings and also huge class restrictions which are devastating for any f2p roster. Last Styx Impossible 5 floors I couldn’t pick any of the heroes which usually save my b*tt in the Tower events - namely, no Treevil (despite the nerf still good), no Gullinbursti, not even Isarnia for some quality DD. And the slash/soul grasp damage is still enormous. Sad to say that I went with quality non-S1 heroes to complete last floors, namely Franz (20), lb Kullervo (18), lb Louhi (20), costume Ariel for overheal (18) and lb cThorne. Due to the very small amount of blessings received (compared to NT and ToM), the last 10 floors are a big pain. At least floors 15-20 Impossible I could use Gullinbursti. This is my final score:

@Quinn3 as promised, this is what a recycled Royal Goblin Balloon drops (same as regular, bag of sh*t). Last two crates I received were Legendary, first three Epic:

BTW I lost no Styx tower fights, although I tried really hard to lose Impossible floor 1, but still managed somehow. However I used a flask preemptively as I said earlier, meaning 5 flags remained unused.

6 Likes