The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 2)

Still nice for Soul Exchange. So it’s kinda ok.

For those that haven’t noticed it yet: Jackal has a costume, and it’s 5 5 10 5%. So with a bard, you can make any number of Jackals on a team to charge with 6 tiles in Epic tournaments or Epic challenge events. I pulled it on my first main.

Secondary F2P 62 day old main had only a single pull and it was Boomer. This account’s summoning luck is way too underwhelming. Same goes for emblems and 3* mats. Yes, there are some, but not enough and definitely not the needed ones.

As for those that expect the Farholme pass, I believe we already had Frostmarch this week, so you have to wait until next week.

4 Likes

Two pulls in CF1:

I missed this flamingo, and my 3 star hero collection from this portal is complete.
And Jackal Costume is obviously new :slight_smile:

Plus 7 gems for Museum :slight_smile:

I think I can stop pulling in CF1 now.

9 Likes

Congrats @Andrewbook ! It’s still an event hero. I would use him as depth aside from being a collector. IIRC he impacts healing, that use gets Perseus plenty of action considering how big of a heal some heroes have now.

Congrats @Saros and @PlayForFun on c-Jackal!

:beers:

5 Likes

In your case, both CF portals seem fine to pull from since you lack key 3* and 4* from them.

From CF1 that would be Shrubbear (although you can train that in HA5) and of course, Guardian Falcon, who now has a costume adding significant boost to his stats and making him slightly more versatile. Captain of Diamonds is also a good one to have. But also having multiple Falcons, Jackals and Hansels is not bad - I’d recommend maxing at least a second copy, unless you want to copy my 5-LB Jackal Laser tag team, which is great on offense since all charge with 6 tiles (and now that team got a significant stat boost).

From CF2 you lack Marcel who is great, and of course the key 3*, Maeve. In the recent 3* Buff Booster tournament I had great success with a team of 1x Maeve and 2xNoril purely because of their passive buffs, which increased the total tile damage of the team significantly after turn 1 (all of these heroes have 75% chance to erect two simultaneous passive buffs). Not to mention that after Treevil’s nerf, Maeve remains top damage dealer and defense dropper for challenge events in general. I also highly recommend multiple Edds as a primary offensive purple team in Buff Booster and Bloody Battle 3* tournaments, although, with the recent Talent Upgrade, Balthazar with cbonus is probably en par with Edd. But in general, Edd still has better stats. Eichbelborg is good versus Titans if you don’t have Wilbur already, or if you have cWilbur and no other good red defense drop hero. I hear that the red 4* slayer, Cilian, is good in events.

If we talk 5* heroes, I guess that CF1 still has the edge over CF2 mostly because of the costumes and the fact that costumed guardian Panther is probably the best hero out there currently.

6 Likes

Thx for the answer. I appreciate the effort and the detailed explaination.:smiley:

Are there set timegaps between each CF? or are they random? because i really dont know if i should be pulling allready or keep waiting. I could do 1 10pull no or later i dont think it matters much, since i got some more other project i could lvl in the meantime.

2 Likes

Thanks @sleepyhead . If I did my math right, my roster is worth 546 gems NOT counting current leveling projects.

I would need to be pretty boated to go back and level 1 & 2* heroes too….

4 Likes

yeah, I would only do that if I have absolutely no other levelling projects going on… considering my backlog, that will take a while…

4 Likes

still, is it worth it leveling 1 and 2 *s to earn a bit over 40 gems? I find all that time and resources better spend somewhere else

5 Likes

If you have nothing else to level (I’m reaching that stage soon), then the time is irrelevant, as it won’t take much to level 1 and 2 stars. Resources… well once I’m finished my current projects, I’ll have my food storage full in AL, and work on troops, but when you run out of troop feeders, not too much can be done about that. By the time version 55 is released, it’s likely that I’ll be in that position as I don’t see myself summoning much in the near future.

Besides, once they are leveled up, you can hold onto them like trainers until you get another project.

5 Likes

Indeed a congratulations nevertheless. I played four plus years and only lucked in getting Rhys from one of the CF2. The other being Lady of the Lake no costume, but had to grab her from Soul Exchange.

You can certainly add Sargasso, who is a very classic 5*, one of the first challenge event 5* in this game to the museum feature. But you’d still have to fork over to the mats to get the 5 gems though. Which you may or may not wish to do.

4 Likes

Well done collecting all those gems! :gem:

You do not have that many heroes from CF2, and I know many seem to prefer that portal compared to CF1. Though I must say, getting Guardian Jackal really helped my Holy heroes back when I got him, and I still use him today :yellow_heart: They always say, that you shouldn´t chase specific, but still.

Yet, how many heroes do you have to level right now? Do you have a long queue waiting? It can be worth saving your gems too. This month´s HotM does look super sweet though!

5 Likes

I fully understand - I hope you will find use for him somewhere after all :pray: :pirate_flag: :crossed_swords:

3 Likes

Congratulations, I love the look of that new costume for Jackal :piñata: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

From an artistic standpoint, I actually preferred Jackal without the costume because it gives off a polished, almost mechanical looking, mysterious yet distinguished feel like something you’d expect a “guardian” to look like, despite him being an assassin. But the costume gave him eyeballs and gave him that a look that made him almost look feral and uncivilized/regressed.

It’s not a costume I’d like look-wise (the abilities too), certainly not for one of my favorite 4* in this game, who I still use to this day.

6 Likes

I see what you mean- I like both, actually :yellow_heart: :wolf:

2 Likes

This is interesting. After I finish a few lower-star yellow projects, I need to decide between Hanitra and Rana (without costume). Neither is a game-changer, but Rana does have that 75% healing reduction to target and nearby. I’ve been thinking that might be enough to give her the nod, despite Hanitra being a much newer hero.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s valuable. Slightly different as Perseus is fast and gives my blues a mana boost (or the whole team if Athena is there) . His reduction is 100% too.

My strategy is impact the most dangerous hero, or most dangerous hero I have targetable, whether the healer goes off or not I don’t lose ground on my top priority target.

It is situational indeed, but some healers these days if they go off you lose because you lose so much ground. Especially true with overheal and minions, including S1 super Druid minions. A big healer shooting can bring a win to a lose.

I don’t know Rana works the exact same, but there is potential. I can’t get Fura to work, but Rana is better than her.

I just didn’t want you to think it would be an exact copy and paste.

Loving my Mist too. Hit the Ludwig’s and stuff. Let them shoot with no taunt going into effect. Beautiful thing.

5 Likes

Yeah, Rana is average, so that’s… not great. But similar concept. Thanks for the rundown.

She’s next up after I finish Rhys’ LB levels.

4 Likes

She also impacts multiple heroes though, which can work. Some of my teams work like “salvos”. Hang tight and fire in order with a mix of hit-3’s and AoE’s. Blocking 75% can make a half killable with that still.

How high are your troops? Mine are pretty low admittedly.

Ran into a purple 5* boar. I think it’s a monster Hunter. That thing is fierce.

I am in the mood of “whatever”, so I hold gems, but burn coins. First CF1 summon = dupe Treevil. Will get one more after legendary. I may replay to get certain ranks Sunday, they’re not particularly high, but am not chest farming this time. I still need to beat the Lunar thing. 3 EHTs there with nothing (as expected there though). The better feeders were nice. Lots of leveling to do.

4 Likes

In yellow, not great. Crit troop at 30, mana troops at 16, 11, 5, and 1.

Name is Goretooth. That’s all I remember about him, though.

4 Likes