The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 2)

I really really hate it!
I never had a real issue with CoK and i finished all towers at least once.

What I really hate is the combination of punishing usage of mats and specials, combined with the need to dispell. Sometimes unwanted cascades take away your prepared special tiles. And on
top the bosses hit very hard, every special hit is nearly a dead hero.
Maybe there is not much difference burning ten flasks to get a good time in traditional challenge events, but there I get 15 coins and 450 emblems for completion and another 20 coins from chests ( more or less). I can do 3-4 summons every challenge event and get at least 3 ETTs and an EHT for additional loot or more. If it was not for my alliance to unlock legendary for those willing to compete, I would not play a single stage. Correct that, I would do the necessary stages for PoV…
Happy gaming

3 Likes

I think in general difficulty levels are not that tough = battle items also ease that

but I would love to hear your thoughts after playing like the last 10 levels of Styx Tower. Overheal is pretty much necessary, and resurrection or some kind of reflect, as some of the bosses hit for more health than most heroes can reach even at max overheal lol

1 Like

this right here! if I were playing to compete, I would loathe it. I just wanted to complete the darned thing, so I was more relaxed!

3 Likes

That’s surprising because the big perk for me is item usage is done. I can mess with a board while they have riposte up and nothing happens. I can’t mess with a board while I am on fire because I am taking damage.

Don’t get me wrong, the event isn’t great. To me though their difference between this and CoK is negligible so it seems strange to see one event tolerated or liked and the other so hated.

The blue aether quest is up. Given I do not keep dupes and how slowly FTP acquire new heroes, I am to a point where all critical, or at least obvious, heroes are LB’d. The aethers do no good in storage forever though, so I guess I need to decide which niche-type hero would garner the most benefit or be used more by LB’ing.

:beers:

1 Like

I should know the answer to this, but I don’t. Does Rhys’ attack buff stack with Ranvir’s, or does it get overwritten? My Rhys is now more powerful than my Ranvir 3^70, and I want to swap him in on my titan team if it makes sense to do so.

Genuinely glad to hear this. It’s a great feeling to get a new hero in fighting shape and go “Wow!”

2 Likes

This might be the funniest “our bad” post I’ve ever seen from SGG:

I’m actually glad now that I haven’t even started this quest. I had too much demanding WE yesterday. I almost started late last night, but then the aether quest popped. Might actually get to it tonight. Between the initial difficulty of this quest, the “balance update”, and now this, the forums are gonna explode!

7 Likes

Maybe I’ll try to get there the next time around. For the epic bosses here I found that attack down (Mielikki) plus defense up (cMel) with mana slow (Mist) and mindless attack (duck) with Guli’s overheal were sufficient to neutralize the crazy high attacks. My five stars are not nearly as deep, so we’ll see how that goes once (if?) we get those levels open.

3 Likes

I don’t suppose we get a point bonus for finishing it at the initial toughness…

3 Likes

That was my thought. I was intent to keep going and didn’t find it any harder than the current hard stuff. O well :man_shrugging:

In other news, I finished an elemental chest and got my first one of these ever:

The one that takes you straight to 80. I went back thru my 5’s to see what was possible:

• Thorne is material stuck. Also, kinda no for my roster. Sorry @Noble_Weasel

• Isarnia was casually working on, but already 25/80. Wasting 25 levels isn’t that bad. Probably more psychological.

• I got the final ring for Khagan yesterday and thought sure. No emblems currently, but can free some up soon I bet. Once Tahir is to +7 I can do Khagan to +7. Tahir is currently +5.

I now have an instantly maxed Khagan. I have no other 5’s on my roster that aren’t SE dupe.

11 Likes

Congrats on that sweet, sweet tome. Would love to put one of those to use on Victor or Rhys about now. I think you made a good decision for your roster. Max Khagan hits surprisingly hard for an S1. He can be brutal in rush.

2 Likes

Those tomes are incredible. I got one a while back and I’ve been saving it for a project I’m really excited about…which hasn’t come! It is gathering dust in my inventory.

3 Likes

So, I am having a minor case of second guessing. When this happened it was like 3:30 AM or something. Tired Muchacho was like “Hey this is a great idea!”. Now that I am more alert I remembered I had 9 of 10 heroes for SE. I could have saved it should I get the tenth pretty soon. My FS count is still like 50 or 51, so that is a ways off.

O well, no going back. Like will go on.

Thanks, that’s what I hope. He is squishy from fighting him without LB and emblems, but that is manageable on offense which is where he’ll be for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

I decided not to use mine on Grace when I pulled her a few months ago. I finally finished leveling her the slow way and am wishing I had used is since she is awesome, so my regret is in the other direction!

5 Likes

Mine is +18, but not LB (yet), and I tank with him in VF wars to decent effect. When I eventually finish Ludwig, I think he will be one of the flanks for him. Just FYI.

2 Likes

I kind of wish I knew what the original difficulty was. I took Pixie, Faez, cRenfeld, Joukahainen, and Bauchan. Along with Axes, minor mana, health and antidotes (which I guess I didn’t need). It was actually pretty easy… they only fired a couple of times when I wasn’t paying attention, otherwise cRenfield, Pixie and Bauchan kept them in check. Joukanhainen dispelled and prevented the riposte. Faez just kept the overheal and ailment prevention along with def up.

2 Likes

Aside from Steropes, Griffin has been great on epic. High A value, fast mana, rogue evade, and can fire regardless of riposte.

3 Likes

To complete Ninja and Magic tower you have to play 75 stages. In both towers are curses which render your heroes unusable after two hits ( ninja tower ) or 1/5 hits in magic tower depending on the class of the hero. This is coupled with, a low number of battle items, short duration for buffs/ ailments and very powerful opponents. You need a deep bench to compensate for cursed heroes. On the good site, you get helpful blessings, and reasonable loot.

Happy gaming

1 Like

That’s putting it mildly.

You probably saved yourself some potential frustration.

I think it’s mostly with the stats and damage output, especially from the bosses. Considering stage mechanic, the mobs lawnmowers you down for their boss overlords, who was all too glad to show up for the kill.

Athos is a very big problem, and I actually didn’t bother reading his card until much later, green sniper charges on very fast and bypasses defensive buffs (including ripostes), and because the modified shields/diamonds are only removing their Riposte and damage reduction buff, but not their actual damage output and not affecting their mana or attack speed, any popping of the now modified dragon shields / diamonds (they go horizontal and vertical), it often times will trigger other potential un-favorable colored tiles to charge up the bosses.

Athos with a special, was doing some overkilling 1200 - 1500 per damage shot (again, bypasses defensive buffs) per shot, easily can pick off a single (even somewhat overhealed) 3*, and D’Artagnan and Aramis aren’t exactly pushovers either. So most of the time, even if I was able to save my specials up in time to fire against them on the boss wave, a few moves later I am dead, there is nothing I could do to stop Athos if he is doing that much damage on a single shot.

So, after the adjustment, mobs were noticeably less strong, I was able to apply a few layers of Overheal coating with Grevle, and heading into the boss wave, I am obviously now doing more damage on the tiles, and Athos, even on a slight attack debuff from Treevil, did about 400 - 500 damage on my 3*, which survived because of the overheal, but you can see that was at least still manageable.

I finished Rare-10 in one try after the “adjustment” gate.

2 Likes

I find that is usually the case because you don’t get the time to load up on mana to deal with them to start, so I depend on mana and health pots.

Honestly, I have no clue what the new heroes do. All I do is try to make sure they don’t fire. I just assume if they fire it’ll go bad regardless of what their special is. No need to see it first hand.

Based on this, it looks I would have likely lost one or two heroes when the bosses fired. Ah well, I figure my Proteus/Zhabog combination should be fine for epic and legendary. I have no overhealer, though I guess I could try using Ptolemy instead of D’Andre for epic as there is a chance of overheal.

2 Likes

Didn’t even read about the balance update, but the forum is more teemed with the adjustment mid-event discussion. Discussing how 2 WE flasks is just a slap to the face, the hundreds of arrows/axes/bombs/healing/mana spent, WE spent to re-try, and gems to continue spent were now wasted because the event is now easier and people aren’t getting those back because they would now have to re-do the levels again (but now with less items at their disposal) to get the top scores again.

Totally understanding where they are coming from, they need to be competitive to get the top loot, and replaying stages after replaying is the only way to better their scores. I get it.

Me? The completionist in me am just glad I was able to finish the Rare Tier with my Non-Emblemed, Non-LB rag tag of 3*, and watch the rest of the story unfold and say yay, I did it. Because of the items usable in Rare is limited to lower grade battle items, I might have spent about 60-70 healing/mana/antidote/arrows/banners combined, and maybe 3 - 4 WE flasks to retry because boards sucked. $GG in the past had also had instances where they gave nothing after finding out bugs. So yeah, I can’t get those items back, but at least I saw the story (as bad as it was), I will take that 2 WE flasks and just move on.

2 Likes