The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Thank you for weighing in :100: :hugs:

I´ve been running TC20 x 2 for such a long time, and Sartana is just, for some reason, not appearing. I have eight copies of Elena though! :woman_facepalming: But you are absolutely right - it makes the most sense to do just that. I had no idea of how long the odds would be - nor, that there wouldn´t even be a four star available in the portal!

1 Like

Whelp. I finished my pulls: another Whacker and the Skerk. Oh well.

Wishing the rest of you better :four_leaf_clover:.

Back to finishing Gretel and dumping as many barbarian emblems on her as possible.

Kind of a disappointing week with the usual non-return on HA10, a poor showing from CF2, early exit from the raid tournament, and the likely uninspiring SE lineup.

4 Likes

… and pull #7 got me Maeve. not bad! always nice to have someone new, even if a 3*… that’s the odds for ya :stuck_out_tongue:

also got my first ever Slayers and Villains heroes today

well, I’m done with all stages and used up all the completion rewards, so let’s see how much farming I can do.

4 Likes

This is me with Magni! I still have never seen him despite 3 TC 20s and constant HA10.

2 Likes

I’ve thought about it some more and realized that Zhabog is probably one of the jewels of the 4* heroes. He and Narcisa are the only ones that reset ailments. So as you said, with Proteus you can double his time… even better, pair him with Onatel and she steals 100% for an additional 4 turns (at least I assume that’s the case, I’ll have to try it out), so she can effectively shut down 3 enemies for 5 turns straight (plus the partials).
Even with mono he will be useful. I’m now considering replacing Zagrog in my Titan team: Sergei-cMarjana-Kornel-Zhabog-Junaid simply because he can extend the def down and EDD. Since cMarjana’s only lasts 3 turns while Kornel’s lasts 6, I can fire Zhabog at turn 3, and extend the EDD if I don’t get enough red to fire her again, and then Kornel will have an additional 3 turns at -64%.
I may not use him as part of my raiding teams, but war and events, I can see a good use for him.
Again, this is one of those occasions where the damage he does is not the interesting part, but the additional status effect.

5 Likes

Realistic wish list:

• Candy and D’Andre for sure
  • A good variety among the 3s and 4s available (few dupes)
  • Tahir (with 40+ pulls, I think the HotM is a realistic wish)

Dream wish list:

• Phenexa is at the top of the list. A five-star red healer is so rare. She would take BT’s position in almost every situation and would give me more flexibility with my war teams, since I war rainbow.
  • Honestly, after seeing my nephew’s luck this morning, Emilio might be next on my list. Forgot that he was very fast AND heals if an enemy is already on fire. That’s just another way to get a red healer, and druids aren’t a strong class for me, either.
  • Narcisa would give me a fast, purple non-sniper. Like you, my purples need help. I have plenty of snipers, but the meta is going away from those. Need more multi-hitters.
  • Toxicandra would be amazing. She’s so annoying on defense.

As you can see, I tend to go healer-heavy with most of my teams, so building out depth there is a priority. Many of the rest of the 5s are slow or “slayer” speed. Their power seems to be related to having several heroes in the same family, which isn’t likely to happen for me. So the 5s above are the ones I want most badly.

Yikes! I also missed this. They are giving us free coins for the event, but I’ll not spend them if there are no 3- or 4-star heroes in the mix. Thanks for the heads up, @PlayForFun !

3 Likes

That´s a very good list :heart_eyes: I recall you speaking about Phenexa before too - I totally understand. :wind_face: :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

I will only use the coins if Gullinbursti or Brynhild will be in the portal.

3 Likes

I think he will probably reset from the beginning so Onatel will grow back to 100%again. There’s a few like Locke, MLF where he might not be as useful as the real good part is at the end. It needs testing though as not sure.

3 Likes

Oooh. Hadn’t thought about this. I have Sun Shangxiang for def down, which starts at 44% and grows with each hit. Wonder if resetting that effect would set it back to 44% or keep it counting toward the max. Either way, her effect is only 3 turns, so extending it would be a nice little trick to have in the bag. (adds Zhabog to the wish list)

I suspect the same. Otherwise, it would be pretty broken. Onatel gets 100% steal faster when the number of turns for effects is lessened (like in the tower events), but I suspect it would reset when extended instead. Would love to be wrong about this, though!

Excellent point. If Mist were in the mix, I might go for it. I really hated missing out on her in S3. In fact, I might save all Covenant coins until she’s available there.

3 Likes

Yup, you’re right, I just tried it out, and she does reset to 25%. That’s unfortunate in that sense.
I haven’t gotten a chance to run Kornel with him (doing alliance battle)… so I don’t know if that means he would reset at -44% when he fires as well. I’ll post when I find out.

3 Likes

Sadly troops are very, very slow to level up to a F2P mainly due to lack of feeder troops. Way too few get dropped by free sources in the game, including the new trainer troops. As for your question, I think that any of the 4* troops are useful, but the most useful in the long run remain the original mana troops since they combine high enough Attack % increase and decent mana generation. Magicians and cyclopes have significantly lowered attack and defense but the short-term benefits are better since they give a tile break much sooner compared to the original mana troops. Ninjas are also good even if only maxed to lvl 2-6 because of the high atk increase they provide to fast heroes.

2 Likes

I like cyclops for offense more (based on beta) but I don’t trust they won’t change after the s1 v2 costume ordeal so I’m just going to summon magic this month. Magic is probably ideal for defense team anyways which is where the larger Mana boost will be most beneficial.

2 Likes

I disagree a bit here, it’s one of the few things controllable for f2p for improvement… That and emblems (via events, alchemy lab).

Running HA and consistently grinding I’m earning over 25k troop exp a month, that is enough to go from 1 to 29 for all colors in a year. This is the rate I have been earning the last 2 months, it will improve with the next influx of troop summons. In fact I am so far ahead of pace I saw I can run single HA for troops and resume ha10.

Note: if you want more troops farm 3 energy world maps, odds to drop is same per stage so higher energy stages just saps your feeder troops. HA make 2* troops not 3*, more troop exp per time and the feeding is more yes… But worth it if your goal is troops.

1 Like

Just tried out Kornel in the map stage. Fired him, threw a couple of tiles down range and got the target to -64% with 3 turns left. Fired Zhabog, and it remained at -64% with 6 turns left… so at least that works. Hopefully it’s not a “bug” that they fix later.

4 Likes

Excellent. I assume this should work for Sun Shangxiang also then. Thanks for testing.

3 Likes

What levels do you usually farm?

2 Likes

For me Cyclops troops are looking like a fusion of Ninja- and Magic troops: mana gen like magic troops, evade like ninja troops.
For me Cyclops troops are a little bit better, but not enough to wait another nonth.

Happy gaming

3 Likes

With each announcement that $GG makes that talk about:

New Heroes (and many more to come)

is where I drew the line and say it doesn’t matter any more.

4 Likes

So… I was pretty much bored while waiting for a confcall and got to the event.

After finishing legendary I had enough coin for a pull and went for it:
Eichbelborg.

Not bad, a new 4*.
Then I considered that the last 2 TC20s were 4* and that to me is a red flag for good things about to come. So I threw in 300 gems:
Orla.
Ok, not exactly top of the shelf but still dece… waitaminute! Bonus draw?
Tahir be it, I kinda needed a new red project.

Thinking it was enough luck for me I clicked on MV and received a telescope.

Ok, I know when it’s time to stop playing.
Given the series I forsee a 5* out of TC20 within next seven days.

10 Likes