The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Glad seeing you here @BlueHair and enjoy all your newfound spare time from not playing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think Buddy is still sturdy for a 4*. Here is my Buddy #1:

His attack stat is low but I use him mainly for his def and attack down. :wink:

4 Likes

oh, I have all the S1 4* maxed except Cyprian, and use them all very regularly, except Boril. i guess I’m just not big on riposte heroes. except cElena, she’s awesome. she’s been out to play a LOT since i got her maxed. but she also does damage up front. glad i got her and decided to max her. she gets a little more love around here than some S1 5*s, though.

hmm, that looks pretty good, that is quite a bit more D and health than mine, but mine doesn’t have as many emblems. it just occurred to me that he’s one of my few minion summoners and so he’d pair well with my recently acquired Arco and newly maxed Lianna. maybe more emblems are called for, not fewer. :thinking: plus my Kadilen and Caedmon are always summoning thorns. hmm, the gears are turning… :gear: :gear:

5 Likes

Oh and PS, thanks @Sam-I-Am for that little trick re not being tempted to summon - look at the results of others who keep getting dupes :wink: I’ll save my gems up for a 10-pull, then least I get some savings lol

3 Likes

Word! Looked them over a bit ago. For everyone who posted a screenshot, I compared what they got against my roster. Almost every 10-pull would have been about 7 duplicates for me. The 30-pulls were a little better, but still would have been between 15 and 20 dupes. That’s a disappointing payoff for months of saving gems. CF 2.0 is almost certain to produce a lower dupe percentage, at least on the first time through. Brilliant reality check, @Sam-I-Am . Thanks, again.

4 Likes

Even with the SS pool as diluted with non S1 heroes in comparison to what I have and somewhat high chances of pulling something I don’t already have, 2 x 350 gems later and a dupe Frosty and a dupe Grevle later, my Summer Solstice summon ends with 2 feeders. Figured that would happen if my Magic Troop summons earlier today was any indication.

Figured that will dissuade you from pulling SS to even just to “test the waters”., @Noble_Weasel and to keep hoarding your gems.

I spent 700 Gems on Black Friday last year, and that’s all I am going to spend here as well. I figured if I am going gems in when Isarnia-C is featured again in the portal, I am unlikely going to make up 2000+ gems for a 3rd 10x pull in less than 2 months, hence the decision here to just drop the gems in on single entry.

I will not spend any more gems until the costume portal where Isarnia is featured (which I will have 2 x 10 tucked away), I will probably not spend any more gems on Black Friday portal either (even if costume masquerade for July, September, or November somehow still devoid of her being featured).

@BlackZed - The funniest Push Notification I found was not even this one, it was the “Come back, Commander, your base needs you!” (And I literally just logged off of the game 5 minutes earlier).

4 Likes

I used 25 Troop summons so far from my 45.
So far I have received these

I have received 3 Dark and 1 Ice Magic troop last time.

My Tower summon gave me Wu-kong, but I was sad for long as I did 3 Solstice summons…

The other was Gramps, and I got Gil-Ra earlier on Wednesday.

But Sergei is a big bonus.
He wasy No1 reason to pull in the Tower :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Wow @PlayForFun, Congrats on getting Sergei! he’s the one i really want from the tower. :grin: :partying_face:

titans are one of my favorite parts of the game, and he’s be a real improvement to the team for yellow titans. Enjoy!

2 Likes

I was at the beginning because my first 2 4’s were Melendor and Cyprian. Basically get hit, heal, repeat. I got away from it then for a long time. It’s effective but not particularly fun or a “sexy” way to win.

Then the game said “nope, you are a riposter again now” and gave me Elena’s costume (which is great by the way), Ferent, and Azmia. So, I guess I riposte again. :man_shrugging:

Here is mine:

I used him as a pseudo heal and D drop primarily. I don’t mono and have been blessed (oddly enough) with tons of D droppers so so don’t necessarily need one in green. Everyone else I have can match or beat his drop (usually for a longer duration) and I don’t necessarily need the drop to be in green. The minions and A drop were big to survival when toting 4’s. Now I really struggle on anything difficult to get even 2 minions on a hero now. That 30% made a big survival difference.

Given his pseudo heal is bad now that leaves an easily replaced (if even needed) A drop, a poor attack stat, and replaceable D drop.

Instead of a 161 (plus troop bonus) minion he gives a 111. That 50 points matters. He isn’t that far from Glenda’s minion now and he is a “minion maker”.

I am still bitter (clearly), probably as I dumped aethers.

:beers:

EDIT: My Glenda is +20 and LB’d. Her crappy elemental link minion has 80 HP (plus troop bonus). Buddy, the “minion maker”, is barely better than the horrible 2020 elemental link minions.

2 Likes

I got that too. It was so weird getting that. Reckoned that must have a bug. $GG is full of bugs.

1 Like

It is still a shame that the Christmas 3* and Buddy were nerfed alongside the 5*. Maybe they will release a costume for Buddy. :face_with_monocle:

And, unfortunately, this is exactly one of many reasons I really don’t care for aethers. :unamused:

3 Likes

I don’t blame aethers for this issue actually. This is an SG issue. I SHOULD be able to put aethers in a 3 year old hero without fear of it being nerfed. That is far from unreasonable.

4 Likes

@Muchacho - Doubt it makes you feel any better, just know on the other end of the extreme, your pal, yours truly not only have not plucked emblems from Buddy (I don’t ever pluck emblems off of a hero once they are emblemed), my version of the Buddy is also LB.

I just don’t let what happen to heroes bother me.

4 Likes

Haha, I do exactly the same thing! :rofl:
I like watching videos with summons and I count how many new heroes I would get if that was my summon. I thought that I am weird, but now I feel better knowing that there are people who do the same thing. That’s funny!

I love my Scarlett. Her attack is awesome, I use her alot in tournaments, wars and for titans. :+1:

I got them quite early so I maxed them. I don’t know your roster, but Boril and Cyprian helped me in last stages of S2/S3/S4. When monsters are resistant to ailments and they hit hard, I had to take sturdy heroes that can reflect that strong hit back to enemies and survive. I consider myself as one of the biggest fans of riposte heroes, but I know that for most people those heroes are too passive. I must admit though, that I don’t use them now so often now.

I wish I had her costume… Do you find her better than regular Elena?

3 Likes

Made a 10x gem pull at this portal, effectively consuming the bulk of my gems, and got a Blue Wizard troop.

Sadly, since I usually go mono, that is a worse pull compared to a regular Blue Mana troop. Still, now I am fully packed in blue with 3 Mana troops and a Wizard troop, and can use 4 of my average speed costume blue heroes in one team if I choose to.

That also means that I can safely turn off the HA 9 in favour of HA 6 or HA 2 to faster level up troops instead of trying to get my last missing 4th red mana troop…

1 Like

Yes, everyone should.

5 Likes

One good thing about this tower event, I am having fun trying out new teams. Russell and Carol are getting good use for example

5 Likes

I am much more casual about it now, but I grew up a pretty big sports fan and surrounded by sports fans. I need somewhere to direct my irrational, or at least disproportional, anger.

The other nerfs I have experienced like Ferent, Malicna, etc. those heroes were still good at their primary roles. Buddy’s had a big impact directly on one of his primary functions.

Sports anger!!! Come on ref!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It’s cool most people do it, but now I am concerned I am apparently the only one who does that and then seems it worth it by ending up with half or less being dupes! :no_mouth:

YES!!! :+1:

Everyone should, but mostly me! :wink:

4 Likes

But why? In her costume she’s a rogue, so she can dodge some hits, but she could reflect them. Could you please explain why her costume is better?

2 Likes

Unlike Boomer, my like of costume Elena has nothing to do with mustaches.

The main reason is her riposte percentage jumps from 125% in base form to 155% for the same time duration.

A secondary reason is I believe in base costume form her HP and A values are higher than base form.

4 Likes