The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Epic 10 will be very hard as I have seen it in Beta.

1 Like

Agree.

Also agree. I have 40+ reset emblems. I had always planned to emblem JF, as he will be one of my best reds. I was just unsure about the path.

Nope. With tile damage monsters like Scarlett, Elena, and Kong, no need for JF on titans.

Proved that to myself in a war hit last night. Even not quite maxed, he was pretty brilliant against a Kunchen tank, which always seems to be tough for me. What little I’ve been able to use him, I’m already liking him quite a bit. The fact that @akionna 's kid likes him seals the deal that I made a good call in the SE.

Yes, this was what I ultimately concluded from my little math exercise above. Def/HP for him it is.

3 Likes

It’s not really that different from Slayers. I just try to hold off on specials until the bosses and have the counter at 0. Then I can fire all my specials and still be way under the 100%. While my heroes charge, the meter will decrease.

3 Likes

I haven’t actually played Slayers yet as life has always been to busy when that one pops. Thanks for the tip though.

My understanding was stoneskin maxed at 5 specials/50%. Is that not right? Does it take 10 to go to 100?

:beers:

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s 10% each… I think it might jump once you get to 50% (to 75% or something), but I forget. But I just did a run and when at 0%, I fired 4 specials and it just went to 40%.

I remember once I wasn’t paying attention during Slayers and it went really bad, really fast when I got to 100%. But if you are managing it, it isn’t a big factor.

1 Like

I thought I read Stoneskin maxed at 50%. Is that not right?

2 Likes

It didn’t seem to be the case when I ran it, but I didn’t try to run up the meter. I guess I could always just item bomb just to raise the meter up, just to see what happens.

1 Like

As I don’t care about scores my team doesn’t consist of snipers. This time I went with mana controllers.
As for now I had no problems with beating any stages. I finished rare with C.Hawkmoon, C. Renfeld, Pixie, Bauchan and Jarvur. For epic I chose Gullinbursti, Proteus, Mist, Carol and C. Kelile. I try to keep enemies low mana for as long as possible.
I know that you don’t have Proteus or Mist, can’t say if your Gretel will do, you can’t take Hansel, Peters or LJ, because they are green. I’m wondering how strong DoT heroes would do in this challenge.

PS. Excuse me, what do you mean, forum!? :grin:
Przechwytywanie

3 Likes

Can you send a PM? That’s awesome! I have no idea how. I am otherwise on Discord.

My thought was to do epic first, legendary second, rare last as my 3’s are my weakest.

Epic my though was Gullinbursti, Merlin, Ferant, Gretel, costume Colen.

Mana control, overheal, pig damage and riposte are based on enemy hits, so not stoneskin. DoT ignores stoneskin. Beats me if it’ll work, but we’ll find out soon.

2 Likes

I just finished Rare. As with the other new 10-stage events, the 10th stage is no joke. For the first 9 stages, and 1st attempt at 10, i went with cHawkmoon - Treevil - Bjorn - cRenfeld - Azar and breezed through.

I thought i was doing great and then in 10 the purple bosses’ special went off and almost completely wiped my team from full health. Thanks to the wonderful @Pandita’s suggestion in the main thread, i went back and did it with my all blue 3* team and did much better. still lost 1 hero, but i’m not aiming to compete, so i’m going to be happy with that.

I expect Epic 10 to be nasty as with Villains. Legendary will probably be easier because time stops.

correct. this is like Slayers, except the stoneskin is even more annoying than the Slayers’ Rage. for three turns, nothing does any damage or has any effect, whereas for Slayers it’s a 50% reduction in damage and auto-cleanse of ailments until it wears off (3 turns there also).

good luck! just watch that meter. :grin:

2 Likes

I needed 6 tries for epic 10, at the end I did it with 75 gems for the coins and emblems.
Legendary 10 is also difficult. Used Timestops at the 2nd attempt and won with just 2 living heroes. If the purple gargoyle goes off, its game over. Therefore I used the timestops and Leonidas for mana cut.

This event is not really funny, need to think about better teams.
And to top it, I got Ishtakh and Bane from the free pulls.
Will not compete in this event, no fun……

Happy gaming

1 Like

You can in Discourse, but not in this forum’s implementation.
As PM is usually possible Discourse comes with that feature which is a reminder that private discussions shouldn’t happen in public spaces :woman_shrugging:t3:

As for gargoyles… Yes, Stoneskin occurs at 50% (why?) and each special skill charges 10%.
The effect is obviously designed for skills with highly persistent effect, namely minions & fiends which is the ratio of gargoyle heroes skills.
At high legendary stages the dam reduction to 1 for 3 hits (which is weightless in a minion/fiend scenario) is utterly boring.
I honestly didn’t check/notice as I play with no real purpose, but I got the feeling enemies get Stoneskin also when they use their skill.
It’s possible I have gotten my timing wrong and that doesn’t happen.

I keep finding strange that enemies in challenges are hidden :woman_shrugging:t3:

Agreed. Personally I don’t find funny any event that cuts off the effect of skills but that appears to be the new thing (hello aethers).
It reads “your S1 heroes skills are worthless, buy the skills I make necessary and paywalled”.

Has anyone realized if “minions and fiends summoners” encompasses also classes that summon minions?

1 Like

Well, I just ran out of WE after stage 9, so now you’re scaring me. So far, no problems with Treevil, Frosty, Azar, Pixie, and Bauchan, all emblemed and limit broken. Haven’t even lost a hero yet.

Does this event have the stupid thing that punishes you for going mono? I’m losing track, at this point.

2 Likes

I lost 2 times with Janhagir+20 Sudri+20 Treevil+20 Rudolph and squire wabbit, I went with Gevile+20 Treevil+20 Poppy+10 Sudri+20 and Pixie+20 and was no problem. Last bosses are purple, red and blue so red mono did not help. Also, when the bar fill up, it resets and they heal a bit so it is not too bad to use specials or items

1 Like

just realized I said Epic up there at first. i finished Rare, but you figured that out. Yeah, I did 1-9 absolutely no problem whatsoever with the team i listed up there. The problem is the purple boss in 10, and that they have a lot more HP. if the purple guys’ special goes off when he’s low hp, he will crush you. The stoneskin also means you can a only cast 4 specials and then have to wait out i think 5 turns for it to go to zero, or only cast a special you really need in the meantime.

No, that’s Challenge Festival. fwiw, i generally go 3-2 in every difficulty/stage in that anyway and never had a problem. i’m also not competing. just trying to get in a tier that rewards flasks so i can farm AR.

if you’re using Pixie and Azar, save their specials for the purple guy. don’t let him fire. good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Rolled with the same crew, and was mindful of the purple guy. Held specials as much as possible until the purple guy was almost ready, then hit him with Pixie and loaded him up with tiles, causing him to take damage from full mana twice within the special’s duration. He never filled up again and went down on tile damage. Essentially ignored the other two, letting them fire at will. They varied their targets, so they really weren’t a big deal.

The takeaway? The purple guy wants exactly none of Pixie, y’all! On to epic, where I suspect Gretel may play a similar role for me.

2 Likes

I skipped rare and jumped straight into epic with this team:

I am still trying to get used to the meter. It doesn’t always seem to go down consistently. I also need to swap medium mana for fill since multiple items raise the meter. No real trouble so far. Take a little time. Lancelot is the weak link, otherwise this team may hold into legendary. I may go double riposte with costume Elena. I am up to epic 7 I believe. Mobs are super easy. I am always to do the boss in less than a minute. I am so thankful they’re not elite mobs like CoK. PITA

You’re not the boss of me!

EDIT:

Merlin is a recent project and already paying off. My method of mana pots and Gretel would have been brutal given the battle item counter for this. Having Merlin as a compliment has been great. Even better it’s a different color, so it has been rare both colors dry up for long. :+1:

Some of the gargoyle’s charge fast so I have gotten multiple mindless attacks. Given how hard the bosses hit, I should see if Mindless Attack damage is better than Gretel’s mana triggered damage.

2 Likes

:two_hearts::panda_face: someone taught me I usually just used green or blue for everything …

2 Likes

yeah, I failed this a few times on Legendary

what got me through was double-healer, mana control.

I’ve completed it, but did not enjoy it…

2 Likes

I have a feeling this is going to be my state of mind for every “new” event $GG is introducing from here on out (started with Clash of Knights’ stupid Incendiary Traps and Elite mobs).

In fact, if there is ever a survey sent out to the players asking them how they feel about or if they liked the new contents, and have a “please specify” when “other” was selected. This is what I’d fill in each time too.

2 Likes