The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

5* - cAriel, Russula
4* - Gullinbursti, Sumle, Mist, Shadereave, Wilbur, Proteus, 2x Mack, Zila Lei (+ eaten Sumitomo, Mireweave, Agwe, Fura, Rokkamush, Gadeirus)

Frankly in other seasons there are far more useless heroes amongst the 4* compared to S1 where the bigger percentage of 4* heroes are very useful. Look at S2 for example - until recently amongst all of the 4* the only useful ones were Wilbur and Proteus. Now with the added costume of Ameonna she also became useful however this doesn’t help people who already pulled her in the past. Season 4 is the same thing - only useful 4* are Mack, Griffin and Tettukh, rest are crappy. Even amongst the 5* that continues to be true to a large extent. I mean, who needs Exeera or Russula except for soul exchange, really.

1 Like

My non Rare heroes from Season 2-5:

5 star: Bera
4 star:
Season 2: Agwe, Ameonna, Gaderius, Gobbler, Proteus, Sumitomo, Wilbur
Season 3: Almur, Jott, Mireweave, Mist, Shadereave, Sumle, Stonecleave
Season 4: Griffin, Mack, Rokkamush, Tettukh, Zila Lei
Season 5: none yet

4 Likes

To some degree. I also like variety and playing with new things, so my desire for new ones isn’t geared towards optimal hero synergy. I just like to screw around with things, so the more things to screw around with the better.

I had ranted about S2 multiple times all over the forums. Until costumes it was the worst season. It still might be TBH. I would have argued for newbies to play S2 to open S3 and then forget it until seasons 3 and 4 are done. They had a couple luxury heroes, but everything can be beaten without them too. I don’t have either of those heroes and beat things, so it’s not that big a deal.

I do think S3 has lots of stellar 4’s. S4 I couldn’t say. I only have Griffin and like him a lot. I did notice of all the seasons 1-4 there are less 4’s in S4 than any other season. Kind of lame, but if I am only getting 2 or so by the time I am done that’s fine I guess :laughing:

Nice list @PlayForFun , someone’s been getting lucky on the portals! :+1:

:beers:

3 Likes

My 5* from S2-S5:

Gefjon

My 4* from S2 -S5:

Agwe x1 plus 3x eaten
Gadeirus 1x eaten
Danzaburo 1x eaten
Proteus x2
Triton x1
Sumitomo x1

Almur x1
Fura x1 eaten
Jott x1
Mireweave x1 eaten
Shadereave x1 eaten
Summle x1 eaten

Griffin x1
Mack x1
Tettukh x1
Zila Lei

Happy gaming

4 Likes

Yes, I miss only a few:

I would love to have Brynhild and Gullinbursti, Wilbur costume and Gradeius costume.
I do not need Fura or Danzaburo.
I am unsure about Triton or Ameonna costume.
And of course the Sesson 5 four stars.

I am not even dreaming about five star heroes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll join in. i’ll just list the 4s i don’t have:

5s: Misandra, Poseidon, Tyr, Moreau, Zekena

Missing 4s:

S2: Wilbur (:frowning:), Triton, Sumitomo
S3: Gulli (:sob:), Brynhild, Jott
S4: none

i’ve used all my pulls now. it’s worth mentioning i guess that i have all the 3s from S2-4. i’ve gotten most of the 4s multiple times except for Almur, or else i would have kept a second one of him for wars. i did end up maxing two Mists because i was out of unique yellows for a while, and she’s super useful. also, two Proteuses. those are the only dupes i had that i thought were probably worth maxing.

I think almost all the 4s have a niche, and i’ve maxed most of the ones i have and used them somewhere, although some are much more useful than others. the one exception might be Rokkamush. he’s just very, very bad. i’ll still level him when i run out of other reds, but i’m going to level Shale up before him. :rofl:

it’s interesting, i got both the S4 5s during a time where i had cut my time in the game to a bare minimum. it was like it was throwing me a bone to keep me interested. Since then i’ve been playing more, and i’ve had terrible luck with pulls. :man_shrugging: oh well.

as to difficulty of levels, i remember S2 normal being quite difficult when i was starting out but i had a very limited roster. now when i go back and play levels for PoV or something, all the enemies just fold so easy, i always autofarm them now without difficulty. S3 seemed super hard when i got to it and it can still be difficult! i really have to keep an eye on it when trying to autofarm. i died trying to autofarm something in S3 just a couple weeks ago, and if i hadn’t intervened i’d have lost one yesterday. so if i have the attention span for it, i’ll often just play it even now. The key i think though is two healers and stack against the bosses, or use some heroes that negate/reverse the boss specials.

S5 coming up again soon, i may pull there if i don’t get Kara at costume chamber but the June HotM looks good too and i don’t have a whole lot in purple damage dealing. we’ll see if anything new shows up. Ázmia is pretty good btw, i faced her a couple of times now. the heal + scaling riposte combo is interesting and efffective.

anyway, this got long again. cheers!

2 Likes

We miss the similar amount of heroes, but you had more luck with five star heroes.

2 Likes

Very succinct; I like (and agree with) it.

Ouch! This hurts me. Poor little guy.

Same. Those skeleton bosses that do some kind of poison rain special were the worst. Also, the underwater levels when my main hitter was Kelile! Really struggled with Ursena on hard also; much more than any boss fight before or since.

I faced her in the five-star tournament a couple of times. Kinda scared me that she was a four-star that people thought would be effective in a five-star tourney. Most times, I was able to deal with her pretty quickly, but one time she ate my lunch. I agree that heal makes riposte scarier.

4 Likes

I hate/love Wu Kong. He is my main damage amplifier for titans. But there were days I would like to eat him. Danza is as bad, I could not stand another rng dependent hero. So I fed him away…
I am not a collector.
Roster space is precious for me…

Happy gaming

2 Likes

I know the random heroes are not for everybody. Just developed a fondness for Danza while he was my best yellow for a while. And I am a collector.

2 Likes

Season 2 came around while I had just enough S1 heroes to work with to finish Season 1 (just being able to field a team of 4* with hardly any 5* that mattered). And this was before costumes became a thing, so I was mostly churning through a good chunk of the earlier part of season 2 with S1 4* where I would field a team of BT, Melendor, Gormek, Cyprian, and Wu to try to make sure I don’t die too quickly.

About halfway through I lucked out in pulling Wilbur (and by the way, regardless of how many more future summons I did in Atlantis, which I did, I’ve never managed to see him again) and at first I didn’t know what made him a “game-changer.” So I just really nonchalantly leveled him, so it wasn’t until at least province 18 - 19 or so before I got him to 4^70 (yeah, that was the big max out indicator back then on the 4*, before the +20, LB, whatnot), then put him in, and even at the beginning wasn’t sure how to use him. But a few more trial and errors later, Gormek and Cyprian went to the bench, and Wilbur shows up with me whenever I take BT with me. Even though with Wilbur I was still playing somewhat defensively, and perhaps even more so than my previous setup (having Riposte is like the counter offense). But the larger def down, shared damage, and combined with BT’s attack up and Wu’s GS is just too good to pass up when the tiles agree. It made life easier overall as I went through the map.

Still largely the same in S3, but I subbed in mana control with squishy Proteus. The difference was that S3 enemies hit even harder, so the group has since then been +20ed, and recently LBed. Season 3 had those Runes that sometimes just gets in the way, and enemies who hit even harder than season 2. I’d have to say the “regular” boss enemy that gave me the most trouble besides the last 3 trio, was probably Gullinbursti, if you don’t kill him fast enough or the tiles don’t agree with you, you are getting hurt bad no matter what.

Haven’t touched season 4 or 5 yet.

2 Likes

Happy anniversary dear @Muchacho. The forum would be a boring place without you. Thank you for all your insight, your support, your friendship.

7 Likes

I have the same results, and keep in mind I’ve finished S3, used all my free coins, and done a 10-pull plus a handful of collected coin pulls…

5* - Bera
4* - Fura, Shadereave x2 (fed one), Mireweave, Brynhild x2, Mist

2 Likes

Thanks @akionna , that was very kind to say. Maybe for my present I can borrow your kid when I summon at the Costume Chamber this month :wink:

I did too. Same minus the 10 pull. Those are still good though. Bera is top notch and Mist and Brynhild kill it. I think Brynhild is still one of the only rogue healers for those trials.

I would be less frustrated I think if who I did summon was more useful.

• Tyr I haven’t played with, but comments are fairly mixed. I am holding emblems once he’s maxed because either go to him or Elena+MCB. He isn’t a slam dunk for them.

• My 4’s of Danzaburo, Ameonna, and Fura are not super useful in a practical way. Mireweave I am still leveling, but would put maybe the next rank above the previous. Like functional if you want to or something. Gullinbursti was a win, he is a stud (ham?).

Hopefully your S2 and S4 pulls were stronger then if you’re bummed!

:beers:

2 Likes

thanks for putting it in perspective! agree that Gullin is the gem among your pulls.

I am happy with my S2 pulls :slight_smile: S4 is meh, I don’t have a single 5* and am missing Griffin, who would be more useful to me than the Mack and Rokkamush I do have. But I do like Tettukh and ZIla Lei

hope you get some good luck too!

2 Likes

Hey, folks. I’m (happily) about to finish maxing my SE prize, Jean Francois. I’m trying to decide how to emblem him and whether to LB him.

At first blush, I’d consider him a support hero, which tends toward a def/HP emblem path. But his special - def up against blue, flip def down to def up - is already going to make him reasonably hard to kill, and at fast speed, he doesn’t seem to be in a ton of danger from dying too quickly, especially tucked in behind Krampus in a reverse V. So maybe he doesn’t need so much defense or to be LB.

On the other hand, I know his burn isn’t earth shattering - looks like it’s going to clock in right around 150 per turn for two turns when he’s done - so maybe investing in attack is a waste. Would the extra attack nodes plus an LB make the burn non-negligible, so he doesn’t just become a tile dump? With only two turn duration, it should have a good chance to burn through before being cleansed, and again, at fast speed, it could conceivably be applied multiple times.

I have enough aethers to break one red legendary, and if it’s not JF, it’s either gonna be Yang Mai or Khagan. I’m leaning Khagan, as mine already hits pretty hard, and if I got his CB, it’d be even harder. If I’m gonna wait for the sucker to go off at slow speed, I want it to be worth the wait.

Anybody have thoughts?

3 Likes

I consider JF as a support hero so I emblemed as per health/def paths. I figured his attack wasn’t going to add that much value. He may not be Mitsuko, but he can deal with Finley and provide a def up afterwards. I did get him the 18th node (attack) and he does 308/2 turns. I have him in the center of the reservse V if that makes any difference, between MN and Krampus. I haven’t considered LB him. If I had Khagan’s costume, I would probably LB him myself.

4 Likes

Thanks for this info. Very helpful.

What is his attack stat in your build? Seems like that DoT doesn’t climb very fast.

1 Like

He ended up as 752/834/1512.

So not as much health as some of the latest heroes, but he can survive.

3 Likes

Hmm. So mine (4^75) has an attack of 730 and does 298 over two turns, and yours has an attack of 752 and does 308 over two turns. Assuming a linear increase, I should be able to dust off some algebra skills and predict his max DoT, but that looks like a pretty flat slope to me. A project for my lunch break. Yay, math. Thanks, @Quinn3 .

3 Likes