The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Congrats on the new gig!

Hey, the Rebellion is more of an attitude… a mindset. It’s a place where we can ask questions about our less-than-stellar rosters and get thoughtful answers instead of getting dumped on by people who think everyone has dupe Mother Norths and would never deign to level a lowly Sylvaria. There are other spenders among us, I know. I think @Saros confessed to a bit of spending not too long ago, and @Kilted has always been a spender at some level, I think. Heck, if you want pure FTP, I’m out, because I’ve used some Google Play credit from doing surveys. Not a ton, but not zero, and it was responsible for me landing Yang Mai, at one point. You’re always welcome here. Your perspective has always been reasonable and helpful. Enjoy your new S5 toys without shame!

4 Likes

Yeah, I know that :blush:. I really like this little community the most in all the forum…

:smiling_face: thanks!

4 Likes

Although my time with HA10 is relatively short, and is currently on hiatus, in approximately 6 - 7 months of running dating back to St. Patrick’s Day 2021 all the way to the end of October or so with some unintentional breaks (like quickly fed off a dupe 5* before realizing I had to send him/her back in), I managed a Joon-C and a naked Gravemaker.

Still not quite the payout I would’ve liked to see for the amount of time, and resource commitment it gobbles up every week.

4 Likes

I’m vc2p from the beginning, spending averagely $7 a month so far for either ViP or recemtly PoV. My alts are true f2p, however they are underachievers so they don’t count. However my f2p mindset was and always has been - showing that all non-competitive aspects and even some competitive ones like certain tournaments or wars (54 war wins in a row btw) are readily available to be won with nothing except S1 3* and 4* heroes, which are any f2p roster main weapon. I think I have done that so for every event except the Towers.

1 Like

I have:
5* - Leonidas +19
4* - Proteus +20, Merlin, Mist +20, C.Chao +20, Li Xiu +20, Gretel, Tettukh +5, L. John, Carol +20
and some 3* heroes too.

Here's my roster

Well, frankly speaking I think I’m not good at this, at choosing heroes that can work together well and have synergies. I like using Mist with Leonidas - she slows mana regeneration down, he cuts mana. C. Chao doesn’t fit this team, so maybe Gretel will? I think that C.Chao is good with mana cut heroes, but not with heroes like Mist that slows mana reg. down.
Proteus I usually take alone or with Mist - he stops mana reg., when he’s not charged again after 3 turns I shoot Mist and I keep trying to charge Proteus again. But usually I take Proteus with mana potions.
I really like Tettukh and I really want to get Peters - they are not mana controllers, but silencers delay using special skills as well as mana controllers.
I may emblem my LJ, but only when I get his costume.

I’m excited about Gretel, because her special is similar to Pixie’s special, which I really like. She saved me a few times from Treevil, by reducing his mana and dealing damage. The difference between Gretel and Hansel is their direct damage, right? 1 target vs. 3 targets?
Hansel, where are you? Come and join your sister in my roster!

Yes, please! :smile:

2 Likes

I am in Seven Days Uprising, a very competitive but friendly atmosphered alliance from the Seven Days family.
I am in this alliance for more than 200 days, before this I was the leader of a more relaxed alliance.
Actually we rank on position 71 but that is very fluent. Due to number of cup changes , hour of titan kill and war results we fluctuate between rank 50 and 250. Officially we are still the training alliance of the 7 Days family, but we are going to outgrow this, reaching for the top100.
I am one of two f2p in the alliance, its invite only and you need at least lvl17+ rainbow mana troops and 20+ maxed 5* to have a chance joining.
We chain 14* titans, ranked top 100 last MT and top1000 in CoK. Our leadership decided to not push for CoK because the loot is not much compared to the number of items you need to get to the next better loot tier.
If you do not hit a titan or dont use all war flags you have to leave. You have to maintain an average of 100k damage on every killed titan over the last 30 titans. And you have to have an average of at least 165 points in war except rush wars. Rush is fun but you need some luck, so rush is not part of our average.
Our alliance is much more fun than you might think reading the rules and requirements. Very nice committed people, no drama, supportive and witty. Most of our communication is on line and discord, which allows an exchange of a lot of informations. From holiday pictures to war hit videos. The members are from all over the world. This is one of the most appealing aspects for me, to get into contact with people of many cultures.
It definitely requires some commitment and a proper time management to be active in a (nearly) top alliance. Our goal is to be ranked solidly in the top100, and get our war score over 152500 soon, to be ranked by Beezer.

Happy gaming

3 Likes

I second that, always nice to see you @Gartenerbsen … and who cares if you’ve bought a few offers, some of us have too… as long as you’re kind and helpful (which you are), you’re golden :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing so much about your alliances @Muchacho , @Shohoku79 , @Quinn3 , @Gartenerbsen , @Noble_Weasel and @Gimliv . :100: (I hope I didn´t miss anyone, then please let me know!)

Very interesting read. I´m only used to communities in PC games in the past, and my favorite part about those games were indeed the community. I always belonged to alliances/guilds, where people would say goodmorning and share all kinds of things about their day, pictures etc. It seems hard to find that kind of activity in an alliance in a mobile game, I suppose. :slight_smile: Good thing one has this forum and this thread :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

And sigh, I´m out of Likes, again!

Here, have a Like AND a smile. :smile:

billede

2 Likes

I would like to third this. It is great to see you when you drop in @Gartenerbsen! :smile:

2 Likes

So I see the underworld event is here without the energy reduction. I thought I’d use my saved coins for 8 summons and all dupes. All but one 3* dupes with Tettukh as the except who I’ll keep around as my 3rd one just in case. Once I finish the hard mode next month, I guess that’ll be the end of S4 summons, and just saving the rest of the missions for the WE discount events.

1 Like

Thanks for your kindness, @SamMe , @sleepyhead , @Noble_Weasel ! It’s really heart-warming!

So many different styles of alliance, and we haven’t even arrived at the most ambitious or the most couldn’t-care-less ones. Truly, everyone can find the alliance that fits them perfectly. But I also can imagine sometimes the road can be long to your home… I can consider myself lucky, after my first alliance which was a dead one with leaders never online and only two active members, I had two great alliances.

I think this is not yet the event. I don’t see any signs normally associated with AR or VF. Did you find any special little monsters (I don’t remember their names), like the seadragon or the gnomes? There should be some.

3 Likes

Yeah, I should have just said that the summons portal is here. I haven’t bothered to play the maps as I figure the actual event hasn’t launched yet and still in beta. Maybe next month.

2 Likes

yeah, I checked the beta threads… the Underwild event isn’t here yet. I’m just farming S5 for avatars, and ignoring S4 completely.

2 Likes

Speaking of which, has someone put together a possible farming guide for S4? Similar to AR and VF? When the event is implemented, I will probably use S4 to top up my monster chest instead of S1 when I’m working on missions and quests. Basically would like to know the cheapest monster/WE ratio.

1 Like

The “Tremors of Underpants”, er, Underwild is slated to go into effect towards the end of May, according to the published May Calendar in the announcement section. That’s when you get the WE reduction to do the S4 stages, plus finding Underpants Bats that behaves a little like the Midget Gnomes in terms of what they could drop and numbers you can find in a day, but also dealt with sort of like Suspicious Chests in which they can only receive damage under certain conditions. You are also “encouraged” to purchase lures so you can get your encounter rate with said flying rodents are increased.

2 Likes

I lucked out - big time - by getting ‘invited’ to join a great alliance of fun, helpful people from all over the world when i was just level 5. i probably would have been very discouraged if i had joined a dead alliance to start with, not sure i would have stuck with it. It’s still open, but there’s now a cup requirement because previously there was always people who would join at level 5 and then never play any more. i think there’s some online reward thing (tapjoy? maybe?) for people who play and then they hit level 5, join an alliance, get their reward, then they bail. anyway, there are people of all levels, chattiness (i’m the chatty one i think) and types of play, but the important part is that it’s a fun, supportive group. and like i said, i really lucked out by falling into such a fine group of people completely by chance.

a bunch of them read the forum but don’t post here (that i know of any way!), so in case you see this: hey Weekend Dragon Hunters! :wave:

agree! i got Gretel today, one more from HA8 i really wanted checked off the list! :ballot_box_with_check: yay!

perhaps, but season 5 is just getting started. who knows what other amazing avatars could be right around the corner? :thinking: but yeah, no. not changing it.

yep, that’s what i did, then went right back to 1-1 to start finishing the missions because i’m going to try and keep up with them since i finished the other seasons, and those have events with reduced WE for working on their missions and maybe this time i can actually keep up with the S5 missions.

and holy smokes, that Was Scepter is crazy. just started playing with it since i finished the Ankh mission, it makes me feel like an enraged hippopotamus, stomping all over that map with my amped-up heroes! yes indeed: MROOAR! :hippopotamus:

re: raiding. things are fine right up until i hit somewhere in the mid-2600s, and then it’s literally like a coin flip, i can usually tell if i’m going to win or not based on the starting board. either i have the tiles to charge my team and (maybe) win, or i don’t and their Ludwig/Octros/Milena/Xnolphod etc. go off (multiple times) and i’m toast pretty quickly.

as a result, i haven’t bothered to improve/change my defense because i’d rather drop back down to the 2400s where there are a variety of defenses and i can use different setups, and there’s some skill involved instead of just the luck of the starting board.

this sounds very scary. :laughing: do not want.

i did use some of my coins today because i was close to finishing the bonus chest. and because Silvaria, Lidenbrock, or Lepiota would all be very welcomed in my roster for sure. all 3* dupes though. but i did get Vivica from TC20 today as a consolation prize maybe?

stay well, have fun everyone! and very nice to see you again @Gartenerbsen !

4 Likes

I used my first coins from actually playing stages. I got two summons prior just from coins in wanted chests, etc. which netted S1 dupes. I had enough for two this time and got Helo and Poppy.

They both seem good and both are new, so that’s cool. I normally wouldn’t be that excited as I don’t play with 3’s often, but am getting closer to getting around to leveling my 3’s.

I had been holding off on some final ascensions until I did these summons and also my final S3 summons, but I am think my 5’s are who they are.

Ascension are:

Red (can do all, but had been waiting)

• Tyr (have some emblems available)
  • costume Elena (emblems go to Tyr and Ferant will get emblems for a riposter)
  • Khagan (no emblems available)

Blue (can do 1, but am undecided)

• Perseus (Would get emblems and gets HotM bonus with Athena)
  • Isarnia (Have Athena, Grimm, and costume Magni for blue D drop already)
  • Thorne (low priority as I have Richard +20 I already barely use on offense)

Purple (can do 1, but had been waiting)

• Obakan (MAY get emblems. Azlar is +18, so I could load Obakan for A value. He would see a role if I strip Malicna as I had been considering)

:beers:

2 Likes

Nice roster @Sorvina , you have some real gems. I will try to offer some team, or combo, input, but IIRC you beat my scores plenty already so maybe I don’t need to :laughing:

Gretel does damage to 1 and minor to adjacent targets. The damage is poor though, she is not a killer via her damage. Often her damage given to the enemy when they reach full mana with her special in effect is higher than her initial damage. Hansel does damage to one. The real major difference is Hansel is fast mana and Gretel is average.

As for teams it is very specific to targets. PvE, PvP, multiple bosses, elite mobs, etc. You also have some better controllers than I do such as Proteus, and Mist. I won’t speak to them because you will know them better than I do.

In general Gretel works best not with mana slowers a la Little John or costume Chao. Gretel is going to be great against fast mana enemies. You use that speed against them to hit them, and then dump tiles into them for 3 turns in order to trigger the full mana damage. As I mention, the enemy full mana damage is higher than her initial impact. If you count impact plus say 2 full mana damage that adds up to a good hit. Her dropping mana to half plays into this versus Merlin that is full. Same general full applies to Hansel. He is arguably better at fast speed, but in PvE that doesn’t matter as you have mana pots anyway.

I have paired with with costume Chao. Chao slows down the slower mana boss while she takes the fast one. What is nice of costume Chao is you don’t need to time the fire. Hit them and go. Later turns in costume Chao’s duration you can tile dump as he takes all mana or 75% at that point.

I have started using Hansel and Gretel together to maximize the family bonus as well.

I did pair Little John with Gretel on Halloween more than once. The reason being all those bosses have crazy fast mana. Using Gretel or Hansel and Gretel alone can’t cover than many bosses with that fast of mana at that HP level.

Little John is not to be underestimated. His slow is very impactful, it is a huge drop. The damage is decent too, which is somewhat rare for a mana controller. A cutter would be a great second controller with him generally speaking. Jim and Li Xiu can do a number on multiple bosses or elite enemies. It makes her 10% cut feel like 30% or so. I haven’t done that in years though as I have just never warmed up to Li Xiu in or out of costume. I typically take Leo or Chao. Slow them down. If anyone gets close cut them. He can work with a costume Chao or Gretel or something but it can generally get awkward and not ideal.

If that is what you have do it though. Just because Little John’s slow down reduces Gretel’s ability to repeat damage from full mana or costume Chao’s ability to steal does NOT mean it shouldn’t be done or can’t work.

Some distinctions between Merlin, Hansel, Gretel versus silencers like Peters and costume Chao types. When silence wears off or costume Chao can’t steal enough fast enough and the enemy gets full, they’re firing. Merlin, Hansel, and Gretel reduce the threat by the drop.

Hansel and Gretel give a half drop, which allows for repeat damage. This gets less likely in slower mana enemies. You also run the risk of charging but failing to get to full so they fire next turn. Merlin handles this better by reducing to zero. It means getting Merlin to repeat damage in the same casting is harder, but if the goal is more defensive and simply reducing risk, Merlin does that better. There aren’t many heroes who bring an enemy to zero. Merlin is great that way for special threat mitigation.

While full mana damage can increase Hansel and Gretel’s overall damage, base damage alone none of them are great. Little John is decent for an AoE. For single enemy damage it may very well be Chao. My Chao has no emblems so I can’t say for sure. I know he smoke Gretel in my comparison in initial base damage, but Gretel sets that bar so low. After one full mana damage she passed him too, so getting that repeatedly she makes significant damage, same with Hansel. That matters little though if you’re trying to get through regular mobs.

Most have pretty paltry damage. That being said they can still help via A value. Lots have sound A values for tile damage.

Carol I don’t have, but wish I did. In theory I would hit a nearly full enemy with her, then immediately use Hansel or Gretel. Pound them with tiles to trigger the full mana damage. That kills the enemy and then Carol’s bomb blows up. Situational, but that would be my goal having not actually played with her. Obviously a sniper works better or something too, but that leaves too many variables and scenarios. Just looking at paired mana controllers.

Basically I would rank cut droppers (Merlin, Hansel, and Gretel) highest. Of those 3, Merlin is the best for stopping, Hansel and Gretel have the most potential for an offensive style drop.

A close second, and arguably better for multiple bosses (especially three +) are slowers like Little John. I would classify costume Chao in here

Cutters next like Chao, Leo and Li Xiu with, IMO, Leo being tops. His cut is huge, his hit is hard with emblems, and he survives well via self heal.

Then probably silencers like Peters and the S4 guy. I just hate the enemy gains mana and fires after the effect because you can’t always kill then in time.

Now for the heroes you have I don’t, Proteus is probably number one at 3 heroes full stop with no mana gain. Fantastic.

I would put effect stoppers like Mist or costume Sabina(who we both wish we had I am sure) below a proteus, but then probably above or tied with the stop cutters.

The rest of the team is obviously important. Leo is durable, especially emblemed, but the balance are relatively frail. Hansel and Gretel get a special D boost when their special is active. Note slashes still hurt though. It also of dubious worth with one or two enemies if they’re both controlled they don’t need that boost. I would say Chao, Hansel, Gretel, Li Xiu and Merlin aren’t frail, but they’re not sturdy either. Proteus, Peters, Little John, costume Sabina, etc are frail. Not sure if Mist, your S4 silencer, or Carol.

Hope that helped. If you give a specific scenario I can expand on a whole team. Kind of left it general terms. I am on the alliance Discord server now too.

:beers:

5 Likes

Yep. Even my Onatel packs a punch with that thing. But it makes my homeboy Thorne really dangerous! :slight_smile:

Both are good. If I had ranger emblems, I’d like Poppy better. Help can help cleanse the traps on CoK rare.

Very much agree.

2 Likes