The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

hey, you’re off too a great start! whohoo! baby raptor, yay!

4 Likes

you are looking at grimm number 2, grimm number 1 is at 20 and costumed

forgot the troops

My alliance is not full FTP. But we are absolutely FTP friendly, and I fully approve of trash talking SG’s gacha model in alliance chat.

5 Likes

Holy :poop: y’all, costume chamber! (I don’t look ahead at calendars). Good luck F2Pers! :crossed_fingers:

Let’s do this!

Although last few summons …

:beers:

7 Likes

If I put 3 costumes on Dawa, that makes her 6* hero, yes? Sweeeeeet. Watch out, leaderboards.

4 Likes

GL indeed my friend :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I am not a great E&P player. I do not have the greatest heroes. But I have many battle hardened S1 veterans! I’ll see your 20 emblemed ninjas and S3/S4 heroes, and I’ll raise you with a full battalion of mono vanilla deliciousness.

Your Heimdall cannot withstand the onslaught of my Red Team of Doom! Chef Boldtusk, Mari Juana, Gore Meck, The Everlasting Colon and the Scarlett Letter shall make short work of thee! Prepare to meet your demise!!!

Just need you to sign this waiver here saying that you agree that you will not go on to the forum to complain that your 4700 TP defense got taken down by a 3900 TP mono vanilla team, and that you won’t hold me personally liable for any damages, imagined or otherwise, sustained by your ego in the process.

5 Likes

y’all almost made me spit my coffee out @Muchacho @TGW hahahaha

4 Likes

HA have me my first Obakan. Truthfully with his buff and my lack of barbarian projects he doesn’t seem that bad. I just need to check my tabbard count. Probably getting maxed this year if I had to guess.

Anyone else have him AND PLAY with him?

2 Likes

What alliance is that

1 Like

I do, unfortunately. I use him on my purple stacks. He is as underwhelming as one might expect. He’s basically a 4* hero masquerading as a so-called legendary.

I probably shouldn’t have said anything. It’s a private alliance, and we’re currently not accepting new members. I can let you know if that changes, though. :slightly_smiling_face:

We’re not top 1000 or anything fancy anyway. Just 7-8* titans, semi casual, mixed levels.

@Chrislilt do you have Discord by chance?

1 Like

Yeah that’s understandable bud no worries iv hang up my hat up and just enjoying the game now as I’m FTP I’m going to get left behind if I stay in big alliance’s especially with limit breaker around the corner with PTW players so to decrease the frustration iv gone rogue lol.

Yeah got discord and line. If there any FTP alliance out there that need half decent player I’m happy to join and give it a go to support the FTP rebellion.

As I’m rebelling against SG and there ridiculous changes to the game, power creeps, stupid limit breaker and the nerf to telluria and vela blah blah blah it go’s on and on :roll_eyes::joy:.

Sad story iv striped telluria for the first time since getting her in the HOTM of all emblems and stuck them on heimdall sad times. :sob:

3 Likes

Best of luck in the meantime, there are a ton of alliances out there, not all of them are “must have 500,000,000 trophies and use 100 titan flags” etc. Open alliances usually don’t care who you are or how much you spend. Though many of those groups are also largely inactive.

I’ve got a close knit group currently and we require unanimous approval for new members, I don’t think the majority of them are open to bringing in new members currently. But like I said, I will let you know if that changes.

Might not be my place to say, but @Muchacho’s crew might have an opening?

1 Like

@Chrislilt not sure if you’re on here already, but it’s ful of FTP and FTP friendly players, most if not all are also "members’ of the rebellion

some are recruiting here too

this goes for anyone new-ish to the rebellion :wink: come on over and join up

1 Like

open question to all, anyone have any insights or tips on using Little John’s costume? I have the base version leveled, though stopped using him after I got Hansel x2. Still planning to level the costume of course.’

I have emblemed Margaret and Inari, so I have some experience with dodging :wink:

i think LJ-C will be useful in Rush and maybe Buff Booster…

I have him on my defense team. His counterattack is very helpful. Often times he gets one hit but that also takes out an enemy sniper too. Kind of a victory. The hit 3 I find useful at times too for cleaning up weakened heroes.

2 Likes

Yeah, we’re open and laidback. Prefer daily activity but if you miss some we get people have lives. We were killing 8-9* but slacked because a few of our spending players quit the game out of frustration. As long as you’re cool and are trying no one will care. If you want to try we’re called WhatTheWhat @Chrislilt

2 Likes

I only use his costume on appropriate emblem quests. The dodge is okay, it kind of worked in those, but the other heroes you reference absolutely do it better. That being said there are very likely niche scenarios where it’s a real boost. In general though I think non costume is WAY better and more practical. The costume would play better and be more practical if it were all allies.

1 Like

Thanks for the insights @Muchacho ! So the value might be in boosting the base form’s stats. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had been saving keys for a HotM I wanted to target, and Yang Mai is it. Plus Viv and Lianna costumes featured, so it was a good month to pull. 11 pulls, 9 dupe 3-stars and 2 dupe 4-stars. About as close to quitting as I’ve ever been this morning. I’m already completely out of red projects, and after finishing Stonecleave, I’m down to just Obakan 1^1 and Quintus 3^70 in purple. I have one copy of every S1 legendary, so I completely shut down my TC20s and turned them into feeder factories. In 28 weeks of running HA 10, I have precisely 0 non-S1 heroes to show for it.

Conceptually, I knew this time would come. I’ve talked about it more than once. If SGG insists on keeping their paywalled death-grip on non-S1 heroes, there comes a point where F2P players can no longer practically improve their rosters. Once upon a time, there may have been value in leveling a few dupes, but now, unless they are dupes with costume bonus and at least 18 emblems, they aren’t actually that useful in many scenarios. And limit breakers will just make that worse.

So, how can I get unique, useful heroes for my roster? Basically, it’s down to costumes, HA 10, and S4. Pretty sure the HA 10 topic calculated that 7% of the player base will run HA 10 continuously for more than a year before getting a single non-S1 hero. Well on my way to being in that 7%.

I like costumes, as costumed heroes are kinda like new heroes, in many cases. But think about how long it took you to collect every S1 four-star in the game. Pretty sure I was at least a year and a half in. Over half of that was running 2 TC 20s constantly, so a 25% chance at a four-star every day (my TC 20s were staggered). That’s something like 270 pulls. In costume chamber, we get 2 pulls every month, with similar odds of landing a four-star. How long would it take to get to 270 pulls? So I may practically never get the four-star costumes I am missing - LJ, Scarlett, Kelile, Li Xiu, Wu Kong, and Boril - to say nothing of collecting even a few five-stars.

That leaves S4. Given that I still want Yang Mai, I’m probably going all-in on S4 later this month. Will probably have enough for 6-7 coin pulls, plus something like 15 gem pulls. A good chunk of that will be dupes and new 3-stars that will get limited use. So I really am probably just kicking that can down the road a few months.

I guess all this bothered me less when it was a “some day” problem, but it’s getting closer and closer to a “today” problem. With the odds we face, I guess it’s a miracle I didn’t end up here before now (over 2.5 years in). Maybe that’s all SGG wants out of F2P - for us to stick around a couple of years and then buzz off. That’s the message they are sending when they consistently refuse to add any non-S1 heroes to training camps, give HA 10 abysmal odds with ridiculous wait times, and discontinue any non-spending routes for obtaining coins from previous seasons.

What a difference a day makes, @SamMe ! Yesterday, I was trying to convince you to stay around post-limit breakers, and today, I’m feeling the same way you were. Probably just a hangover from bad pulls and another S1 dupe from HA 10 this morning. But I did pull out an old copy of The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - which actually runs OK on my laptop now that the game is 15 years old! - and I’m finding more enjoyment in that than E&P at the moment. Not saying I’m quitting, but I am thinking a lot harder about it after today, and a dry run at S4 later this month could put me over the edge. (Sorry to hijack your excellent rallying cry, @Muchacho. Best of luck to my F2P brethren and sistren.)

3 Likes