The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Cool! Always nice when a desired hero comes :slight_smile: enjoy

3 Likes

Congratulations @Sam-I-Am for both heroes.

3 Likes

So do you end up using him like Myztero where you only take him against DoT opponents?

1 Like

:exploding_head:

Feel free to post your roster here. Maybe I can suggest some heroes for you to consider embleming. :wink:

1 Like

Congrats on your Captain Nemo and Mielikki @Sam-I-Am! :partying_face::tada::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Moving the conversation here.

Do you know my lovely former alliance mate GiGi? :face_with_monocle:

It’d be so much fun if we could meet on the battlefield!

1 Like

Finally got my first mana troop to level 23!

Russell will be happy :wink:

7 Likes

Here you go:

Rooster

Ps: Kara will be emblemed soon.

1 Like

Nice milestone.
Mine mana troops are at 15 only.

1 Like

Thanks @PlayForFun :slight_smile: it took a while but finally… using HA for feeder troops helped, as did spending all ETTs in tower to get higher level feeders

3 Likes

Mine will be ready soon, at least the costume side…then we can compare!

Definitely. I have two maxed Falcons and this helps a lot. Considering a third copy at some point although I have real shortage of Paladin emblems, but I guess that a third, no-emblem Falcon is still good vs Mythic Titan for example. Also, costume Marjana can’t make it to an Epic event whereas Falcon can and should. In addition, Falcon is a f2p hero (although a late game), while cMarjana isn’t.

Heh. Mine was second. And I used the same team/items as the 1st attack.

Grats on Phileas Fogg, @akionna . I still don’t have a green elemental def down hero sadly. At least this one is very good vs (mythic?) titan. If I had that one, I would most likely score one very big hit with the help of Guardian Chameleon vs Baba Yaga.

I strongly recommend expanding roster space with gems. Roster space allows you to have a greater roster flexibility not only for wars, but also for 3* and 4* tournaments. Roster space stays forever as heroes get outdated/outclassed.

I have five copies exactly like that, although I can’t spare the rogue emblems for a last node. The team is extremely powerful and wins even vs 5200 teams without too many tiles. All it needs are 2x3 matches in the beginning, preferably killing the enemy purple. Any gap in enemy defense almost certainly ensures immediate recharge by only 3 further ghosted yellow tiles.

Of course this team only works with five 11+ lvl yellow mana troops which will probably take some time to retrain with the help of Hero Academy lvl 9, but it’s totally worth it. I’m playing with this team for 3-4 months now (fully maxed last month since yellow Omega came out) and it’s extremely powerful and often my team of choice when I go vs premium A+ 5150+ TP defences. I call it the 'Laser tag" team not only because of Jackal’s special animation, but also since you have literally only 2-3 turns to win - but if you do, opponent’s heroes usually don’t even fire once.

In wars, while I believe that @Sorvina and @Gimliv s versions may look preferable if you go 3-2 teams for better survivability, I still can’t help but wonder isn’t it still better to go for higher tile damage vs the central purple flank. Way too often on videos I see opponent’s Xnolphod surviving on a very small amount of hp, firing and winning.

Fully agree. People often tend to forget that offense is the best defense.

Fully agreed, sadly we can’t convert emblems. I have 5 Jackals on 19 nodes, two Scarletts on 20, a Zagrog on 18, a Marjana maxed soon who would also like to eat some rogue emblems, and I’m deliberately not maxing Domitia or Arfanias or my 3* tournament rogues because I can’t give them emblems in the foreseeable future. Alchemy lab helps only to an extent sadly, and I suggest climbing all the Towers you can to get more…

@PlayForFun , do you give your heroes LB or emblems at all??? Those numbers are indeed crazy. Except for Sorcerer emblems, all other types I have are in the 50-500 values… And even Sorcerer are 1800 only.

@Sam-I-Am , Nemo is a good offensive type hero, although he’s situational. Still his tile damage is high as it is, and other stats are good as well. I believe he’s worth maxing if you can spare the emblems. As for Mielikki, I really like her only as D&D reference (she’s the Goddess of our beloved Drow, Drizzt Do’Urden) but the fact that her summoning works at an Average speed makes her kinda redundant…I guess it’s nice to have an undispellable mana generation buff for certain PvE maps/quests/towers probably.

Congratulations! I know how hard that is for players who tend to not merc for food. Bringing a mana troop to 23 is really hard and long without constant mercing for food and feeder troops.

As a reference, this is my fourth 4* tournament with 0 or 1 loss on the offensive…monogreen 4* S1 heroes FtW! Currently trying to train another Hanzel from HA 8, he was a star. Went 25-0 this time. Rewards (really happy when I get my 3x3* aethers).

Edit:

I believe this to be the best use of Hero Academy ever - feeder troop training. Sadly it can’t be done constantly because of HA upgrades and also HA 8 essential 4* training and HA 9 troop retraining, but getting your mana troops leveled as a top priority is much more important than running HA 10… As a reference, having multiple mana troops of one and the same colour + key average 4* S1 hero costumes helps a lot with correct feeder troop distribution so that no food is wasted.

5 Likes

I would bring :
Rigard in
Grazul
Grimble to lvl19, take away emblems from Elkanen without costume he is useless.
Bring Khiona to eight.
Richard to 19, Aegir and costumed Azlar too, and Joon to 20.

Bring costumed Kadilen and Zurri to 20.

That are the mana breakpoints. With lvl17 or lvl23 mana troops you can shave off a tile to fire specials.

Will be back with further comments later.

Happy embleming…

3 Likes

Thanks! Troops at the right breakpoints do make a difference… I also use monoGreen on offense for many buff booster tourneys, due to the plethora of fast Green 4*. Enjoy your aethers

2 Likes

“know” would be inaccurate

But I have seen GiGi in line chat, yes

2 Likes

@PlayForFun :

In addition to what @Gimliv suggested (although I don’t really concur with last 2 nodes on Kadilen and Zuri, that’s emblems almost sufficient to bring a 4* to 18 nodes, but those two are definitely worth it, so it’s a dilemma):

• Bring Lianna to 18. I’ve been using mine extensively with LB and 18 nodes, the difference is big!
    Lemminkainen is useless, at least to my opinion. I advise seriously revising 4* heroes with average speed, because that literally means most of the time they charge at slow speed (4x3 tiles) in events where mana troops aren’t allowed. And Lemminkainen’s attack is weak for a 4*…
  • Bring cMagni to 18 at least. A very strong hero, especially if you can LB his costume…but even at 18 nodes without LB still very very important IMO.
  • Unless you plan on extensively using Zila Lei in tournaments or you have that many rogue emblems to spare, strip her of her emblems.
  • Bringing Melendor to 20 allows him to achieve a tile break with only 11 lvl green mana troop or 5 lvl wizard troop
  • Malosi is important and there aren’t that many good 5* barbarians, you should bring him to 18.
  • Wilbur, much like Melendor, benefits greatly from the 20th node because of the lower level mana troop you can use to achieve the tile break. All in all, I suggest you strongly consider that last node of 4* monks, sorcerers and druids. Wu Kong is also one of those…
  • if you can bring Khagan to 18, this will immensely help not only in events/PvE, but also in Rush (I use mine + Falcon + Wilbur with devastating effect in Rush).
  • I think that cLeonidas and sir Roostley may be one of your better connections, so maxing both of them on the attack path is worth it
  • I personally wouldn’t give any emblems to Aegir. He is mediocre and although he can be of some use, he definitely doesn’t deserve any.
  • Frank is good to bring to 18, as is Jott. For titans and rush.
  • cKashhrek is sadly suboptimal. You may consider stripping him of emblems.
  • Shadereave is only good vs Titans, so you may think of giving his emblems to someone more worthy
  • MMmmm although I have a LB and highly emblemed Gadeirus, that is on an alt I don’t care about. I ate the one copy on main account as soon as I got him from Atlantis. So…probably good to remove those emblems from him
  • Jack is a good connection with Almur, especially for 4* tournaments like this week’s. I suggest maxing him on LB and emblems only because you have Almur as well.
  • Bringing Bertulf to 20 nodes has the same merit as Wu Kong, Melendor or Wilbur.
  • I suggest bringing cUlmer to 20 for rush. Any costumed 3* and 4* monk, sorcerer or druid charges with 6 tiles that way because of costume bonus (5%) + last mana node (4%) = 9% . Very often this is the difference between win and loss. For example recent 3* rush multiple battles of my green-purple team were won by cFriar Tuck (20) who charged at 6, buffed everyone’s mana generation and helped Treevils charge also with 6. cKalani has the same merit - in that same tournament I went with monoyellow vs 4 Treevil defense and won because of her charging with 6 and buffing the team’s attack enormously. cHawkmoon also deserves 20 nodes for that same purpose

And one last thing…soon as LB were introduced, I watched a Russian streamer who explained which hero’s best to LB. I was amazed because of the length of his video (only 10 minutes). Turns out he did a great explanation in such a short time. What he said was: “LB whomever you currently have and whomever you currently use the most, prioritize offensive heroes and heroes that are permanently on your War defense, and don’t wait for better heroes, because any resource which isn’t used is a big waste, when you get better heroes you will get more LB materials eventually for them as well!”

1 Like

Here are some heroes from my roster that you may consider for adding (further) emblems. :wink:

~ For extra tile damage on titans. Also, can speed him up to average (5% Costume mana bonus + 4% mana node + mana 17/magic 11 troop).

~ Before getting Kara, I had a lot of unassigned Paladin emblems. :rofl: Went +20 as was used often on war defence.

~ I’m not a huge fan of classic Marj tbh.

~ I emblemed him to experiment. :wink:

~ To increase his sturdiness a little. Used for mana control in very fast wars.

~ My alliance competes on MT so I added extra emblems on him to increase attack.

~ I think I emblemed it especially for titans and MT. Can be handy for raid tournaments. Note: I don’t have Treevil.

~ Emblemed + LB especially for raid tournaments.

3 Likes

In the F2P world what break points have you all found to be realistic? I have been working on getting a mana troop for each color to
17 for years and finally got there. I’m now working on a second mana troop (or magic for dark) rather than trying to get to the next break point since I usually run 3-2. Did you take one straight to 23 or work on others along the way?

1 Like

I took one each to level 17 and have upped others to level 5 (for my costume heroes), then slowly to level 11 . I can now field mono teams per Color where everyone charges in 9 tiles. Or fewer

Now getting my level 17s to level 23

It just takes so many more resources at higher levels, that’s why I did what I did

3 Likes

How I started:

• Troop levels 5 for all my mana troops in every colour as top priority for achieving not only tile breaks for average-speed costumed heroes, but also for Very Fast heroes/Rush Tournament heroes whom I’ve initially given the 2% mana node. Resetting them way later to reemblem them may seem like a waste, however that strategy won me way too many unfarmable resources so it’s worth it.

• One troop from each colour first to 11, then to 17

• Only after I obtained nice average speed heroes without costume - same troop to 23

• Since I play mono - in different colours get additional mana troops first to 11, then (if needed) to 17. Recently obtained magic (wizard) troops helped a lot, since a lvl 11 magic (wizard) troop = same amount of mana generation as lvl 17 mana troop. Or level 5 WIzard troop + 4% mana node helps tile break Average heroes without a costume (recently that way I achieved a tile break on my two Melendors).

• Get Ninja troops to complement the team to level 2 for that additional 1% attack bonus

• And recently: Getting all of my mana/ninja troops to the next level of Attack bonus since this is so important in mono strategy on offense, starting with the lowest levels I have, in order to gain more attack bonuses for less resources. That means (in ascending order, prioritized) - Ninja Troops from lvl 2 to lvl 6, Mana Troops from lvl 5 to lvl 6, Mana/Ninja Troops from lvl 6 to lvl 9, Mana Troops from lvl 11 to lvl 13. This may seem like a small thing but when you go mono, that small amount of additional attack % on a troop often matters a lot in taking out an important enemy with just tile damage.

I find it better to prioritize various, especially lower level mana, magic or ninja troops first before finally focusing on one or two to level up higher, and only if there is an actual reason to do so.

This also gives good value to all of the stored 1* feeder troops which constantly amass in greater number than any other feeder troop.

4 Likes

Here is a picture of my mana troops:

I started to get a rainbow 17 for all colors, the a second troop to 11, a third to 5. In some colors I have more than 3 mana/ magic troops, there I brought all troops to lvl5.
The low level troops up to lvl5, I levelled with 1* feeder troops only. Up to lvl. 11 I use mostly 2* feeder troops, an occasional 1* or 3* troop. From lvl11 onwards its mostly 3* troops to save on ham. HA6 is running for months without pause.
Then I examined my heroes. In Yellow e. g. I fight often with a stack of c. Joon, Uraeus and G. Jackal.
Therefore I need troops lvl17,11,5.
so other colors where more urgent. Now I resume work on yellow, like in every other color my target is:
23/17/11/5. After this target is reached I will work on bringing the 23 to 29 and the 17 to 23.
I save all my ETTs to summon in Magic tower now. Ninja troops are niche, for titans mainly. I have one crit troop for every color from lvl 4 to 12, all other 4* troops are feeders for me. I think retraining of 4* troops is wadte of ressources. Its better to make an iccasional 10 pull with saved gems, if you will not get the needed troops from free ETTs.
I needed 2.5 years to build my troops.
Hope that will help.
Happy gaming

4 Likes