The fastest nerf

Anton was a pretty quick nerf after his buff. Like a week or less. And the nerf to the buff made him worse than what he was originally. 15% heal is bad and SG should feel bad.

Fine print and disclaimers do no protect against fraudulent business practices. I suspect they would lose in a court of law assuming someone challenges them. At very best, this is a dishonest business practice because they knew how Kalo would perform, it was all over the forums prior to release and surely their internal metrics indicated that as well. They couldn’t resist the greed though. This would never be permitted with a physical product and should not be with virtual either. Claiming ignorance about their own product doesn’t fly

Take them to court and win. I’ll be one of the first to congratulate you.

Now I have to be fast before kalo beats her…

6h428m

8 Likes

If there is a class action lawsuit… Sh might settle out of court and we get 1000 gems and the lawyers would get 2.1 million dollars…

2 Likes

There aren’t any fraudulent practices here. Ethical/moral grounds aren’t sufficient for a legal case. Every single game that offers online play only has been doing this. Their legalese has been drafted by people that have plenty of experience in this aspect of the law and are compensated well for it. But, wish you well should you choose to pursue this route.

1 Like

@ccj …
Exactly the same thing was said in the forum after the nerf of Telluria and Vela.
People shouted about it being against EU laws
People shouted about it being against certain USA state laws
Players said they had contacted solicitors to make a claim again SG.
But honestly nothing, nothing at all came of it

1 Like

That was nothing but hot air because you can’t directly sue them even if you wanted to. You are forced to first go through arbitration/mediation before you can even get the lawsuit off the ground.

What’s likely to happen here is what happened with Tell/Vela. Lots of venting and then people will move on until the next nerf. Some will quit. Some will cut/stop spending. Most will carry on.

2 Likes

I really wish they would buff/restore Azmia to her original abilities. There was no need to nerf her at all imo when taken in context with Kalo and other powerful heroes.

1 Like

6h4xz3

Arbitration / mediation only after it’s settled whether the suit can proceed in that jurisdiction.

This is a mobile game by a Finnish company, incorporated in Finland, that is now 100% owned by an America public listed company.

I would think the lawsuit would go to Finland first. Now we need to figure out how and if we can file an international class action suit in Finland.

SGG does not have a physical presence in most countries. They are hosted by Apple and Google, who decide if they want to host their mobile gaming app, after checking with the relevant authorities.

They do not need to be licensed to be able to operate in most countries. They do need a licence in PRC, that I know.

Now if the PRC players complain to their authorities about this bait and switch, I am pretty sure that this EP will lose its licence to operate in PRC soon enough. Will the PRC players complain ? That’s the big “IF”.

Arbitration/mediation is a legal avenue to resolve any potential problems without wasting time/resources of the courts. If the arbitrator finds in your favor, you can settle for damages during arbitration or take it to judicial process.

However, I just went back to look at their ToS and there was an update. They removed the arbitration requirement and the ToS now allows for dispute resolution by the courts. They just have requirements for where you can file if it’s not a small claims case.

On a side note, where the company originates from is irrelevant. If they operate in another country, you can sue them in that country.

I know what arbitration/mediation is. I was involved in one.

If the suit is airtight, it’s a straight on legal suit since chances of a win is high, and faster (and therefore cheaper) than arbitration/mediation. Yeah the defendant can appeal to waste time and money, but that appeal will be rejected if it’s considered frivolous. This is Singapore and Singapore courts frown on frivolous suits.

As long as plaintiff’s case is airtight, it’s a straight on legal suit, followed by bankruptcy proceedings if defendant (who lost) didn’t cough up money soon enough. And yes, bankruptcy proceedings can be filed against a behemoth as long as amount involved is big enough.

Well… whoever wants to file a suit now needs to figure out who to sue. Zynga or SGG. Zynga is the holding company. SGG is the developer wholly-owned subsidiary.

And then try to put together a class action suit. Suing in a personal capacity to get back gems used to summon Kalo and maybe Azmia is a lost cause, cost-wise.

And then get the appropriate legal expertise.

Good luck to them!

It’s actually much simpler to :

1. No spend
  2. Or Uninstall

It’s only a game when all is said and done.

2 Likes

Things work differently in the US then they do in Singapore. Here, vast majority of issues are settled outside of court, hence the settlement through arbitration without the need for trial/courts, or other expenses. Airtight or not.

Even if the case is airtight, companies like Zynga/SGG have squads of attorneys whose sole purpose is to prolong any sort of settlement/payout.

As far as class action lawsuits go, the time that it takes to arrive to the end (win or lose) won’t be worth it. The only ones who truly benefit are the lawyers and courts due to the exorbitant costs associated with them.

Seeing how it is Zynga’s ToS I’d bet it would be Zynga. They even provide their customer service link in the ToS. Within the US, you can file a small claims case against them in your own District court and they’d have to respond. Anything higher than small claims (Over 5K) you’d have to file in the Judicial court in California, as stated in ToS. I’m sure your ToS will be a bit different than the one I see on my side.

100%.

3 Likes

It’s the same TOS.

My husband is a lawyer & arbitrator. I told him about TV nerf then.

He told me to uninstall.

Why bother spending hundreds of thousands to prove a point ? Zynga/SGG would just drag and drag, driving up expenses.

Just uninstall and blacklist the game developer in all avenues possible : Apple, Google, FB, Insta, Twiiter etc etc.

He was amazed that I would even think about a lawsuit when I was the person who initiated the take down of Fedex via FB, from Singapore. He thought I was insane then but I persisted.

1 Like

And it doesn’t provide info for legal recourse based on your country’s laws? That’s odd.

Precisely. That is what larger companies in the US do all the time. So, attempting to even find a lawyer to take the case is extremely difficult.

I’m not familiar with the case involving FedEx over there but I smile whenever a large corp takes one to the chin :joy:.

Oh there wasn’t a suit. Nothing legal was attempted.

It was guerilla warfare. I just wrote to all my online suppliers, who courier everything to me big or small, that I would divert my spending from them to another supplier who uses DHL rather than fedex. With enough examples of fedex bad service.

Then I requested my GFs who do online shopping to do the same. They all agreed. Cos they all had their fair share of horrific experiences with fedex.

Then they spread the word to their FB network. Who then spread it on.

It turned out our horrific experience with fedex was similar. And everyone who joined the movement was happy to do so.

Of course there was the usual post in Fedex official FB account. To alert other aggrieved consumers about the non-violence movement.

Spread to other platforms.

It took awhile for traction. Consumers like me were inconvenienced for awhile but it worked in our favour soon enough. Fedex was dethroned for retail online deliveries. DHL usurped that position.

1 Like

:joy::grin: that’s actually an awesome ending.

Just shows that people en masse have all the necessary leverage. Hopefully DHL provided a long term satisfactory service.

But yea, I doubt anything of the sort would happen here. My spending here has been reduced. Never was a whaler, but spent regularly. The last few months have definitely made a change in my view of immoral and obstinate SGG business practices. I’ll enjoy what heroes I have and the company of my alliance mates. Hopefully more will do the same.

1 Like

Yes. DHL service is still the best. For online retail deliveries.

Fedex is great for commercial document deliveries. Corporate (office) accounts. Can’t fault them there