The E&P Jargon-Pulverising Fictionary (glossary, definitions, dictionary)

That’s some hard core fishing. Dedication to the cause :rofl::rofl:

@NPNKY I’ve now linked your anecdote into the definition :blush: thanks for sharing

3 Likes

That actually sounds halfway legit (I have used duct tape to patch up wounds). His mistake was using lake water to clean the knife and wound (lake water is nasty). Had he used high proof alcohol instead, it probably wouldn’t have gotten infected. :+1: :grin:

@petri @kerridoc @zephyr1

I don’t have an edit icon under the Fictionary post anymore??

I put an edit on last week…

Can ability to edit time out or reach a maximum count?

Edit:

I can still edit this post :man_shrugging:t3:

Edit

It should be there, right? Am I just having a moment?

@JonahTheBard There’s been some recent change preventing editing posts more than 30 days old.

I’ve already asked the Small Giant Staff to look into fixing it.

In the meantime, I’ll make the first post a Wiki so you’ll be able to edit it.

The edit button will be different than usual:

3 Likes

Thanks man, prompt and effective, as always.

3 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: What’s it take to be a mod?

@JonahTheBard can you try editing the top post again, please, using the normal method/button this time?

There’s a potential fix for the editing problem in place that I’d like to test.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Looks good to me, dude :+1:

4 Likes

Woohoo, thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The above user has dropped various links all over the forum in the last few hours. Seems a bit suspicious…

1 Like

Yep, I’ve seen it too. I posted at one topic, which was opened by him. I did’t flag it though, I wasn’t sure. I just expressed my doubts the advertising is allowed here.

If @jordanhamtheman08 is a legit fan who has done some YouTube content, that’s great - start a thread and post the link and we can all enjoy it.

But spamming off-topic threads is a breach of forum rules and, more importantly, makes me nervous :mask:

2 Likes

Aww, c’mon, nothing suspicious about that.

Like my previous alliance when someone whose username was something-something .com tried to join and I rejected them because I thought they were suspicious, and one of my co-leaders got mad at me for rejecting them and said I was just being paranoid.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

I keep seeing ^1.35. Some calculations then ^1.35. I have no idea what it means. The calculator has no such sign and I never learned at math something like this. What operation is this? And should be added in OP, Imo.

It’s exponentiation. But I don’t really know the English words for it :smiley: “power”…somehow it’s funny for a non-native English speaker. In German it’s “hoch” (high).

3 Likes

Thanks. I know what exponential is. I didn’t figure out that small arrow is in fact indicating the place which number should be; up right.

1 Like

I thought you know that :slight_smile: just linked Wiki for the wording, 'cause I’m not familiar with it and maybe some others, too.

Not if you have Alby, Mother, Marie… even Muggy and Atomos… :rofl:

6 Likes

I keep seeing “sandbagging”… I have no idea what possible meaning may have a sandbag in here :rofl:

1 Like

in one alliance i was in, it was a war term. you waited till past the half-time mark, everyone having 6flags, and then you all attacked. :slight_smile: hope this helps somewhat, @Scarecrow and if someone else has a answer. please say it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes