The dumbest defenses thread

So I just fought against this. Might have been the easiest 49 trophies I’ve ever grabbed. Trying to understand the thought process behind it. Is it just a hope you make the raid time out? Can see it being a problem in VF, but if you’re going to run it surely need a real huge damage dealer in the centre instead of Sif?

Or is it just a brag defence?

Am I missing something?

1 Like

No one ever gets anything from raiding me except cups. Last thing I do before closing the app is empty the tower.
Maxed tower.

I have been making dumb defenses for weeks now for a 6 year old to fight so just imaging i will end up on here.

The one that caught people off guard was mono blue defense with aino and perseus flanking krampus tank, some people had issues with that if a bad start (not to mention morel and skadi wings).

Just wrapped up a seaosn 1 defense and now doing season 2 which i have awful choices for.

2 Likes

I think it is just a time-sink defense to win by running out the clock. I can see the thinking behind it as once a Ludwig fires, you get the chance of MN firing multiple times which helps keep the defense populated. Of course, once you get rid of the two MNs, then there’s nothing left to stop you from winning.

1 Like

If you’re missing it, I am too. I’m at a complete loss on this one. Maybe they hope you’ll die from counterattacks, slash attacks and minions? That’s quite a far reach though.

My submission of the day is this one:

How do you lose against it with mono purple? Mok-Arr can’t touch you, and the only other hitter is Evelyn. In a rainbow team. With her 210% damage to 3.

To think of it, I should’ve tried with a 3* team.

1 Like

Ariel/Danzanburo/Mok-Arr/Danzaburo/Gadeirus

Melia, Wilbur, ursena, gaderius, Proteus… Barely over 4k power team lol.

I’ll bite: it wouldn’t concern me as a player, but what makes this dumb? It’s not super high quality, but I remember some of my earlier defenses having heroes I no longer use, but this has one (partial) healer, a couple buffers, a couple opponent-hurters, a couple strikers … I don’t see anything poorly designed about this defense. It’s probably not optimal, but it certainly doesn’t seem dumb.

This one may not be the dumbest combo inahve done or will do over the next few weeks. However it is extremely weak relative to where i am in raids, i often climb to 2700s when filling a chest unless if best defense is up which will force me ro 2800s.

So i exited the game in the high 2700s with that defense, for where it is encountered it is certainly poor.

And i have been doing odd combinations for weeks, i did a full string of mono defenses which is inherently dumb with the 2 exceptions of counters built in (ursena for purple and the aino/perseus flanks for blue). I will do a full healer defense at some point but going through the seasons right now, then challenge heroes then tower heroes first.

So far i have done:
single class defenses
Single color defenses
Pure HOTM defenses
1 all 4* defense
Working on single season defenses.

Ideas for:
All healer defense
Challenge/tower defense
Mostly ghost defense (cant do full)
More 4* only combos

Some of which will be dumb just based on what I have, others may be formidable. I was more referring to if someone raids me with the right (or wrong) defense up, it would certainly qualify me for this thread.

1 Like

I like this!

While I’m here, I remember in my Cup-dropping days going up against a like-minded fellow who laid out a defense of five untrained Brands in order to rapidly lose Cups to get down to easier raiding territory.

Jokes on him: I fled. :wink:

3 Likes

It is actually more for fun friendly battles but it does do some cup dropping, I rarely get below 2600 if I didn’t mix things up.

I have no plans to put 1* or 2* heroes in the defense lol, but I may get down to 3*.

I did not drop much with mono blue defense people avoided it and it was winning some lol. (Morel, aino, krampus, Perseus, Skadi).

I will also circle back and redo some defenses as projects finish so like when silvaria is done I will redo barbarian and mono green defense.

How about a defense with only heros missing their noses? Or defenses with only pretty heros that have barely nothing on? As SG adds a new hero about every 30 minutes now, how about a defense of 5 heros that has taunt, or that look more like a lizard than an actual hero? So many ideas! LOL!

I would like to see guest heros make appearances, like the Kardasians take on the purple ladies of E&P. Or miley cyrus jump in and Sartana and Krampus team up to slap her silly. And… wondering… woukd Joe Rogan be 4* or a 55*? I think a fighter or rogue either way.

It only has one LB hero, so somehow I doubt that’s the regular defense line for an 89 level player. Must be some kind of experiment.

Lol well I don’t know if I have that many heroes to do all lizards, noseless… and even though heroes are released very frequently I don’t get a massive surplus of new heroes.

Recently I met defence team with Ameonna tank. Didn’t take a screenshot to submit here…

Actually for buff boost that wouldn’t be horrible with costume. I have fielded a Ferent tank with C Ameonna left flank and my defense is 9-6. She becomes invisible and give the other 4 heroes two buffs for 4 turns

Maybe. But it was normal raid defence (on high platinum - how did this defence get so high?), she was tank, not flank and she had no costume. Once she became a ghost I could easily kill flanks with tiles and her slash attacks were not strong enough to make any difference.

Yikes! I agree, she’s a terrible choice for regular defense.

Offense is how they get so high, I do crap defenses all the time and get to 2700 cups when doing chest. Recently did a season 5 defense of a 3* and 4 4* cause that’s what I have, and I don’t think I ever fell below 2400

Only downside would be if @Chadmo raids me and I don’t have 2 Anzogh to greet him

1 Like