The "Costume" Chamber

Is there any good reason other than greed that all released costumes not be available in the “Costume” Chamber? You would think this would be the one place of all places that you would be able to get them. Might as well get rid of it and just have the S1 costumes come with the S1 heroes regardless of where they come from. Love the game, hate the greedy company running it. I’d actually pay more monthly if they weren’t so greedy and I’m sure there’s many more like me. As it is I’m at less than 10% of what I used to spend monthly the last 6 months or so and will probably be F2P very soon.

3 Likes

1 Like

hope that answers it! Yes, they are quite greedy, instead of balancing the S1 heroes they just released functionally new heroes (Costumes) instead of actually fixing the issue. Many other companies would have just balanced the stats, usually progressively, thereby solving the problem. SGG just created more problems to make more money!

1 Like

New company bought them, but some people think every corporation is greedy so there’s that. I look at it that I get a fun challenge and at least two free pulls in the chamber. Was a LOT less time consuming than the last challenge event and got 2 free pulls at a good hero.

Does your love of the game outweigh the fact that everything they do you consider is greed? The fact you mentioned the word greed 3 times in one paragraph might answer that question for you.

Happy gaming,

3 Likes

I look at it that I get a fun challenge and at least two free pulls in the chamber. Was a LOT less time consuming than the last challenge event and got 2 free pulls at a good hero.

I agree with this. While I am not thrilled by costumes as a whole, it is a nice easy way to get a couple pulls in the costume chamber. :+1:

1 Like

And the the occasional Key they give from different chests, I ended up getting 6 pulls. All crap, but makes for great levelling food and when I do get a costume I can use I’ll have plenty of costumes to level it up.

1 Like

while it’s true we get at least 2 free pulls from this chamber, isn’t the OP’s point whether or not non-S1 costumes should be included in the chamber as well? that’s a different point in my opinion… now maybe it’s too much to keep bashing on SG as greedy, but the point here is the availability of non-S1 costumes.

do 2 free pulls in a portal containing ONLY S1 costumes, make up for the relative lack of availability of non S1 costumes?

4 Likes

I have no problem with companies turning a profit, I actually support that. I take issue at the tactics they use and their seemingly lackadaisical attitude towards customer appreciation. They did build a great game that I supported with my wallet, but I think they are ruining it with allot of their decisions lately.

I don’t think it’d hurt their bottom line at all to make all released costumes available in the costume chamber, in fact I could almost guarantee allot more revenue during the event. So not only is it bad customer appreciation, it’s also bad business. I think a better way for them to handle costumes would be to release them with that hero’s original portal and then include them with every costume portal afterwards. That would jump revenue for the original portal and then also jumps revenue for the costume chamber.

7 Likes

A fair question indeed. If it was posed as such I would have focused more on that. E&P is doing what’s best for them. I did extra pulls in the Halloween event only because of the costumes. If they were available in the chamber, those gems would still be in my pocket. Got me a Vanda costume and Frank so I’m happy, but I think a lot of people would spend less if was freely given elsewhere, and I can’t imagine SGG wanting that to ever happen. Greed or just another company wanting to make money, keeping some costumes exclusive makes sense.

1 Like

What do mean if it was posed as such, that’s exactly what I said. You’re the one that focused on the word greed to much.

1 Like

fair response, and I’m glad this is turning into a more reasoned discussion :slight_smile:

I can speak for myself as an FTPer, the low summon odds, and the low odds of getting anything other than a vanilla, keep me from spending a cent on this game - I am afraid of opening my wallet because I’m afraid of the slippery slope I might start falling down if I start to spend.

on the other hand, I also lower my expectations of the game, and lower my expectations of being able to compete at the top levels, because I know I am unlucky to get many of the best heroes. so overall I am also fairly content with where I am now.

3 Likes

That I understand. And the fact that they pay little attention to beta testers is alarming. I don’t know how they come to their decisions, but I’m sure they have a team of paid employees searching every way to get people to spend, whales and VCPlayers as well. And that doesn’t bother me, it’s the lack of consideration to advice given in Beta that they completely ignore. Being up front and letting us feel like we are in the loop goes a long way

4 Likes

While this is diverging from OP’s original point, I personally think the S1 Costumed Heroes should move into the regular Epic Hero and Elemental portals, giving people cheaper portals to use and making the Epic tokens more valuable.

4 Likes

Of course I focus on that word. This forum is littered with people that no matter the situation, they will bring it up over and over. I’m glad you are here to discuss thoughts about this. Others only come here to rant and it’s tiresome.

2 Likes

That was actually part of my point. If the costume chamber will only be S1 heroes then I’d rather see it gone and just include the S1 costumes with the heroes no matter where they come from. I don’t see this as a money maker for them in current form at all. F2P and C2P are going to do their free pulls and I don’t see whales pumping into this as the rewards are so lackluster compared to other portals. There’s going to be some folks chasing costumes for Leonidas and Marjana for titans, but I don’t really see a point other than that.

3 Likes

The costume chamber was created because S1 heroes could not keep up with the power upgrade of newer heroes.

It’s designed for s1 exclusively.

The other non-s1 costumes belong where they are.

yes… but should they be so :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I disagree, that was it’s intention and then they decided to add costumes to non-S1 heroes afterwards. It is my opinion that if you have a portal called the “Costume” Chamber then all released costumes should be available in it. It’s not called The Season 1 Costume Chamber or The Original Heroes Costume Chamber. As it is it’s a pretty pointless portal to pull from with every other special portal having better rewards. Imagine how much money whales would be dumping into it if all released costumes were available in it. By the time the Halloween and Winter portals come back there will be much better heroes released than those costumes, so why not make money on them while they can? Like I said not only is it a bad customer appreciation decision it’s also a bad business decision.

You’re entitled to disagree, it’s good for you. However S1 heroes are here constantly so there is a costume portal every other month.

The seasons and costumes that go with them are not here constantly. If you don’t like it, don’t blame SG blame the person who invented Halloween and Christmas and ask them why Halloween and Christmas can’t be celebrated in Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr etc.

To be honest I think originally it was a way of SG “balancing” S1 vanilla heroes because players complained about the significant power creep in S2, S3, S4 etc.
Some people consider the vanilla hero got a buff others that it’s a new “hero” with different skills.
Either way I don’t mind
Personally I doubt that all the costumes will appear in here in the short term. Perhaps in time things will change.
But for now other costumes are made available in HA10 or the seasonal events like we have just had in the Christmas season. Those chasing such costumes are encouraged to pay to pull for them.
But that’s the game and we all know how it goes. Nothing in here will ever stand still, but that’s fun in itself….

3 Likes

Cookie Settings