The challenge events are monopolized by wu Kong

I don’t think most people understand how many times people re-ran the same levels trying to improve their score in order to be competitive.

3 Likes

A serious competitor I know (my son, who we Beginner Tier two events ago) ran level 9 about 20 times.

I didn’t really spy the top 10 teams for team builds, but I do know Pandemic Disease (#2 or 3) and Andrei (#5) Didn’t use Wukong at all. Andrei doesn’t even own a wukong and is a F2P player.
Wukong isn’t needed place top 10 nor do you have to be a huge casher, but you do need the items and flags for running levels over and over trying to increase your score. I’m sure everyone that is trying to place high in the events are making sacrifices from event to event and preparing for the next one. I’m willing to bet if you make the proper sacrifices you would see better event rankings.
We don’t plan to fail, but we fail to plan.

5 Likes

So true, my preparation for the next event already started.
I have to refill all the absurd quantity of items and flasks that i used (so can’t use much on titans), giving up to do some legendary training to level up what i already have, and thinking a different strategy to improve my previous score.

So much to do, so little time.

1 Like

Wu Kong creates variance. He raises your potential ceiling and will lead to top scores… IF everything lines up. Of course, he can completely destroy your chances at a wave when that corner guy dodges 2 specials and a row of gems and you just added 30 seconds to your stage time… you end up running the stage multiple times to get that one good lucky one. Also, if you’re relying on Wu Kong on the boss stage, you’re doing it completely wrong and won’t compete anyway.

The beginner challenge, you need Brienne… so your argument can be made for several heroes.

I finally got Brienne from TC13 after I had a bunch of green 4* to level, so I’ve never actually leveled or used her. My experience with Beginner is that you need either Gunnar or Leilani for Spirit Link. Which just goes to show that there are a number of viable options even in the easier levels depending on what heroes one has.

If the reflect is yellow, you’re just going to see a bunch of Falcon/Gormek/Boldtusk and Panther/Sartana/Athena at the top of the rankings.