🧪 The Beta Beat (V54) – New Ninja Heroes, Season 1 Costumes, Contest of Elements Heroes, Abyss Hunters heroes -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

Ninja Tower

Season 1 Secondary Costumes

Season 2 Costumes:

HotM Costumes

Contest of Elements

Abyss Hunters

Lunar New Year

New Guardians of Teltoc hero

2023 February HoTM:

Challenge Event hero costumes:

Other Beta Content

(These were tested in earlier Beta versions. These might come back to testing or not…)

Earlier Beta contents

Valhalla hero costumes

Season 5 Heroes

Styx heroes

New S1 costumes

New S5 heroes

New Gargolyle Heroes

Bard Heroes

Monster Island Event:

2023 January HoTM

Additional Valhalla hero costumes

Season 5 heroes:

Season 2 costumes:

Abyss Monster Heroes

Journey Hero

Beta Feature Tracking/ Forecasted Content

Staff have not yet released any further insight into the future V50 Beta testing content.

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Please try to limit discussion in this thread mostly to the information sharing process and feedback on the thread, so we don’t end up with a jumbled discussion of a bunch of different heroes — use the threads linked above for each individual hero to discuss more.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

:calendar: Beta Schedule

Beta Name Status Open Closed
Beta 1 Testing Planned THU 8.12 MON 12.12
Beta 2 Testing Planned WE/THU 14.12/15.12 MON 19.12
Final Beta Testing Planned MON 19.12 THU 22.12

:exclamation: Beta Updates

This section will be updated over time as there are updates to the V54 Beta Testing Cycle

December 8, 2022.

• New Ninjas, Abtyss Hunter and Contest of Elements Heroes, Season 1 costumes
15 Likes

@PlayForFun Thank you in advance.

The first Beta for V54 has arrived.

Contents

• Ninja tower changes (new enemies, difficulty changes)
  • 4 new Legendary and 1 new Rare Ninja arrived to Beta.
  • 6 new Season 1 Epic hero secondary costumes are arrived
  • Ice version of Contest of Element has arrived with 2 new heroes.
  • 3 legendary, 1-1 Epic and Rare Abyss Hunter heroes are arrived,

Fixes

• Addressed the following visual issues:
    • Animation not playing when Khufu’s Special Skill missed or was dodged
    • Animation not playing and/or selecting targets incorrectly under certain circumstances for some Special Skills (e.g., El Duque, Lord Loki copying Khufu, Soroca)
    • Dense Fog visual effect missing from certain Season V Province 25 stages
    • Heroes occasionally remaining “invisible” for an extended amount of time after being revived by an allied Kalø casting Mother North’s Special Skill
  • Game no longer freezes sometimes when a Barbarian Hero attacks an ally due to Shifting Mindless Attack and inflicts Bleed
  • Target selection no longer malfunctions incorrectly under certain circumstances when Lord Loki copies Khufu’s Special Skill
  • Status bar information no longer disappears while the game is running on taller iOS devices (clock, etc… will stay visible)
18 Likes

new ninjas and super ice elemental summon? i am intrigued now

1 Like

Expected them or costumes for existing ninjas. A 3* ninja is in line with 3* Styx heroes.

Zynga/SGG needs to refresh that ninja portal to get fresh money coming in.

That ninja troop portal is now lacklustre compared to Styx portal unless player wants ninja troops for events, Titans.

3 Likes

Much needed fix. It’s quite irritating without that status bar.

2 Likes

Most interesting parts

I just hope they would start releasing those 4* costumes more at a time, the odds of getting the 1 with 2 costumes are so low…

3 Likes

thanks as always for all your hard work @PlayForFun

and yay new heroes (sarcasm), but at least we get a Rare Ninja and some more Epic s1 costumes. so they’re not all Legendary, and there is actually a reasonable chance for most players to summon them!

11 Likes

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

:alarm_clock: I’m a little bummed the clock overlay for iOS hasn’t been fixed and was probably intentional.

1 Like

@PlayForFun always busy making us informed

Great work

I’m looking forward to read the details

3 Likes

There are no 3s secondary costume for classic ?

Sorry, I was a bit busy, and there was a bit delay before I could update my Beta applicaiton.

I am starting to add the topics now.
I think I will start with the Contest of Elements Heroes.

@Frans3000 not in this Beta Build.

3 Likes

Here is the first Beta Beat topic for new heroes:

4 Likes

No new S1 legendary costumes in the list. I guess these 2nd costumes are going to be a long-term rollout for sgg.

Keeps the CC portal fresh for a looooong time.

1 Like

well, better this way. keep new content flowing in drops and not new events every month with 9 new heroes each

1 Like

Topic for the new Abyss Hunter heroes:

The new Ninjas topic will come next.

4 Likes

Funny, not funny, there’s actually 9 new legendary heroes coming out. I don’t think the rate of S1 costume rollout affects sgg’s plan on rolling out other new heroes.

sad story, droping heroes one by one would be better

1 Like

You can read about the new Ninjas here:

1 Like