đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (V52) – New S1 Costumes, Gargolyles, December HoTM, S5 Hero -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

Monster Island related changes are added here:

The Beta Testing of V52 Beta 3 is ended.

A new Beta is scheduled (but not confirmed yet) later today.

8 Likes

did they confirmed it yet?

I think it is safe to say that the Beta will not arrive today :smiley:
Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

5 Likes

Now, it is confirmed that it will arrive today:

5 Likes

The Final Beta for V52 is just arrived:

Monster Lure

• Added Monster Lure to Atlantis Rises and Valhalla Forever
  • The amount of Orichalcum Seadragons that can be encountered during Atlantis Rises is now 15 per day (equal to the cap in Tremors of Underwild and Valhalla Forever)
    • Can be increased to 25 per day with the Monster Lure

UI improvement for Masquerade Heroes

• Added a visual indicator that shows how to activate the Hero’s Passive during a battle

[OTHER BALANCE ADJUSTMENTS]

• Bleed rework
    • Added a new icon for the “Barbarian” Bleed (the Bleed inflicted by the Barbarian Talent)
      • Barbarian Bleed will remain distinct from “regular” Bleed; the two Bleeds can be active in concurrence but will not override, refresh, or interact with each other
      • As before, when Barbarian Bleed is re-applied on a target that already has it, remaining damage from the previous Barbarian Bleed will be carried over and added to the new Bleed as additional damage
    • The “stacking” type of non-Barbarian Bleed has been removed from the game
      • Heroes such as Rokkamush and Tyr now also inflict “regular” Bleed
      • As in the case of other damage-over-time ailments like Burn and Poison, “regular” Bleeds will always simply override each other
    • Flat damage values attached to Bleed now properly scale with the Hero’s attack stat

[IMPROVEMENTS & FIXES]

Improvements

• Description text for Hawthorn’s Special Skill edited for clarity
  • Description text for Winifred’s Passive edited for clarity
  • One section title in Battle Info panel edited for clarity
    • Now clearly states that the effects below come from other characters’ Passives
  • Raid Tournament Rules are now also displayed in the Edit Team view
  • War Rules are now also displayed in the Ready to Battle view

Fixes

• Akkorog’s Special Skill animation no longer behaves oddly when Akkorog is Blinded
  • Art revised for Hawkmoon (both original and Costume)
  • “Boss wave” sound effect no longer missing from certain event stages
  • Covenant Quest boss enemy Costume Skadi now correctly uses Iceberg Havoc (not Crush)
  • Description text for certain Path of Valor Daily Challenges edited for accuracy
  • Odd spacings removed from the Japanese text for certain Special Skill descriptions
  • Opponent account name placement adjusted for iPhone 14 Pro devices
  • The “+% healing” Tower of Styx Blessing now works correctly
  • The “Heroes with less than % mana gain HP” Tower of Styx Blessing now works correctly
    • Text now correctly states that it activates once every 5 turns (instead of every turn)
  • The Moon Family Passive that dispels can no longer incorrectly bypass buff dispel immunity
  • Tower of Styx boss enemy Amphitrite now has correct % values in their Special Skill

Balance updates

We have received some balance changes for Mitghty Pets heroes and unreleased 4 star secondary costumes.
I will update the topics shotrly.

11 Likes

I know it’s early days PFF, but can you confirm the loot rewards in Atlantis aren’t changing to similar to VF and TU? I.e still increase per stage not just for when hit special enemy?

2 Likes

I hate that!
Monster lure is one of the worst things, really

No VIP (increased prices), no loot tickets, no seadragons.
Not everything has to purchasable in the game SG.

19 Likes

Me too.
I am ok with having that for Valhalla Forever.
I hope Seadragons will still always drop coins, but I will test and let you know.

The NERF on Seadragons count is a bad move anyway

18 Likes

The lure is one of the worst things they added to the game. NO FOR ME!
Hopefully the loot stays increased for AR. Otherwise I can level not as fast as now. Results in less summons. Bad for them.

No xmas heroes?

2 Likes

No, they are not arrived.
So it seems Staff want to have a quick V53 before December.

3 Likes

Atlantis rises is only 2 days long, so only 30 seadragons. This probably won’t be enought for 1 free pull.
I was usually farming heavily on Atlantis rises, using around 15 flasks and was able to farm around 1 and a half free pull - no big difference.
This change really sounds bad, but in fact the difference is minor.

4 Likes

I ma more worried that they are going to change and reduce the amount of loot (i.e.: backpacks, XP, etc) that you can obtain from each stage
 Which would be a big slap in the face to the playerbase and would possibly create backlash.

5 Likes

WOW, I think they want to bury this game quite fast. Everything they do this month is wrong and makes people angry. This change will kill Atlantis Rises.

7 Likes

I have just checked that Seadragons will still ALWAYS give us Atlantis Coins without Monster Lure. (The usual amount).

Buying the Lure just increases the finding chance of the SeaDragons, and increase the Coin amount.

The +50% loot is stlll guaranteed without buying the Lure.

So for non spenders this release will just a count cap on the findable Seadragons.

14 Likes

Even the cap itself is the move against the players :confused:

8 Likes

That sounds OK-ish, but I’m afraid that they may lower the chance of getting seadragons without bought monster lure. It does not have to be mentioned by the developers

1 Like

I could find 7 Seadragons by using 4*66 WE flags wtihout the Lure. (11 flags / stage)

I think this is the usual

2 Likes

Based on my experience in the last AR or two, it seems like they already have reduced the seadragon chances. Maybe I’ve just been unlucky, but I burnt plenty of flasks and I don’t think I got near 30.

So this won’t really change much for me. I farm AR for the loot anyway, not the coins.

2 Likes

I think a lot of people bought the Underwild monster lure for the loot tix to use on AR as much as for the Tremors event. Whales gonna whale but I suspect take up all three will be less than expected. Unless they change the package and price.

1 Like