🧪 The Beta Beat (V51) – Contest of Elements, Monster Island, new Season 5 heroes, November HoTM, Superior Talents -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

Is there any word on if the Ninja Tower and Magic Tower will be changed to match that of the Styx Tower?

2 Likes

There is nothing about it.

2 Likes

The Beta Testing of V51 Beta Build 2 is officially ended.

The next Beta is scheduled to arrive on this Wednesday.

5 Likes

Did staff confirm that v51 would be released on the 12th of September? I saw their shared the beta testing schedule and that it ends on Friday the 9th of September but it sounds really tight to release it the following Monday without working on the feedback from the latest beta run (unless it’s only early test for v52 content).

1 Like

@Elioty33
Staff always releasing the main version on the next Monday after a Beta testing ended on Friday.

Now just forcing the update need to happen earlier as it usually happens 1 week after the release on Monday, but the update should available to everyone by Saturday.

1 Like

Will we get new beta beat content today ? Hope about nov and dec hotm.

2 Likes

We have received notification from Staff that the new Beta is postponed to tomorrow.

3 Likes

The new Beta has arrived:

• November HoTM is arrived
  • Season 1 Family bonus is arrived
  • When a Classic Hero’s last (20th) Talent Node is reached, a Superior Talent comes into effect
  • 4 new Season 5 heroes are arrived
    • Set
    • Ma’at
    • Cleopatra
    • Tetisheri
  • Season 5 Provinces 19–23 unlocked for testing
  • 2 new Amulets added for testing
  • Dunes Summon
    • Dunes Bonus Chests can now contain Dunes Coins as well as Ascension and Crafting Materials

[STAGE BALANCE CHANGES]

• Amulets
    • Was Scepter
      • Special Skill damage boost decreased: +80% → +50%
    • Tjet
      • Mana addition increased: 5% → 10% every 3 turns
12 Likes

Cross post for someone to make a nicer/fancier chart

10 Likes

does the Superior Talent only affect Season 1 heroes? Also, are the Season 1 primary and secondary costumes affected by this as well?

1 Like

:astonished: :astonished:

Like fighter revive wasn’t annoying enough …

8 Likes

For legendary heroes this is a boost to offense as you won’t run into season one fighters too often on defense.

However we’ve all been stymied by a continually reviving boldtusk tank. This certainly buffs him.

It’s a good help to classic heroes but there are a few cases I worry about. My biggest worry is second costumes getting the buff when they’ll already be decent at release.

And of course it’s likely these talents will come to other heroes in due time. I doubt we’ll get the schedule.

2 Likes

Yeah… I lost a fight this VF Tournament because of a fighter tank and that was Zircon. He kept reviving, firing his special and healing his allies… and like this 5 times or so. And all of them +20 will have 50% chance? Way too much. Extra mana upon revive is enough.

Edit: Just classic heroes, but still… Elena, Magni, Boldtusk. I can feel that rage quit already.

1 Like

Superior talents only apply to classic heroes (for now). So short term that should limit most concerns.

The obvious concern is when these superior talents apply to other heroes and which costumes also get them.

3 Likes

For barbarian, does the attack boost stack with other attack boosts, or does it overwrite?

1 Like

Clerics have 60% chance to reflect Alfrike and Hel?

I mean they will still take the damage and Hp cut, but the mindless attack is reflected

2 Likes

New beta hero summary:

Ma’at: better Morel
Set: Noor X 2 and possibly a new top rush tank
Cleopatra: huge non boosted healer (a five star Ptolemy)
Tetisheri: Five star Ahhotep

Morax (HOTM): Prof L counter (and counter to any boosted health over time)

6 Likes

Attack buff and talent buff stack!

^I appreciate that staff confirmed this is the intention as well

4 Likes

This is how I read it as well. Better stock up on duplicate vivicas and just use her hoping she can reflect.

1 Like

Yes. I can finally max my Friar Tucks :rofl:
Oh wait, he’s a monk

1 Like