šŸ§Ŗ The Beta Beat (V42) ā€“ Clash of Knights (Alliance Quest) and Heroes, HotM costumes, Elemental Links and families, Tavern of Legends quest update, new HotMs -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

Everything is possible @Photon

After the most recent changes the Alliance Quest contains only Wolf family opponents.

There are only two unique Ravens in the whole portal, and the family bonus contains for 3 unique heroes.

So maybe there will be another Alliance Quest later with Ravens only.
The ā€œstory lineā€ in the Quest suggests this too.

3 Likes

So, we may see more heroes for Clash of Knights?

Or it will be a different event with same family, but it is just a guessā€¦

1 Like

Ok not sure if I am understanding the impact on Double formations because everyone just talking about Sif.
What impact on Elena, Costume Obakan, Boril, Brynhild that I see used in Double defence as the centre back heroesetc

I never use double or reverse double but that doesnā€™t means nothing will change for me.

It will result in less double/reverse double that I can prey on in raid. It will result in the increase of reverse formation that I use but hate to face. Raiding will be harder.

4 Likes

And it will take from diversity of gameplay, which is already a big problem of E&P in my opinion

7 Likes

I do not like to face reverse formations either.

1 Like

This change is going to make reverse even more dominant and then that will end up getting ā€œbalancedā€ somehow as well.

1 Like

From a defence point, nothing changes for me as I donā€™t use those formations, despite having heroes for that.

From offence point, again nothing changes for me bcoz my dispellers used to dispel all 5 & will now dispel 3 as per new definition.

W.r.t. formations, since I have chosen to play this game, I am open to face any formation & enjoy it = nothing changes.

At the level I play, most formations I face are reverse = nothing changes.

Hence I wrote, nothing changes with the proposed rectification of game aspects / hero cards description.

Finally, when I chose what I like to face / play & what not ==> that opens a pandoras box of many aspects that will become issues that I want or not want, which is not realistic with so many variables at play in the game simultaneously = staying free of such heavy like / dislike positions, keeps things lighter & FUN for meā€¦
&
I still experience all types of happy-disappointment emotions of results of my playā€¦

I am sorry for fellow players who feel they will suffer, but I see this change as restoration to previous status & hence, its just the convenience benefit habit we get stuck in, that is causing all these pain-emotions, while within I am sure everyone knows that SG is doing no wrong + this issue should have never happened to start with = change is constant & many times surprising !

Happy playing !

How to balance reverse formation?

I do recall formations as a whole getting negative feedback. Now we have them and they make changes thereā€™s negative feedbackā€¦

I meanā€¦damned if you, damned if you donā€™t most of the time in this game.

Just means we have to adapt to something different again.

1 Like

In map levels it has never been ā€œhit only 3ā€ the new formations simply continued how the game has always worked, this is no return to anything it is a CHANGE and the first time the game will have operated like this.

You even said your dispelled will hit fewer targets on offense, and this doesnā€™t change your game? You donā€™t even make sense within your own post.

3 Likes

:smile: I have explained myself multiple times, so will leave you with your views.

Good luck!

Or you can just admit youā€™re wrong but whatever :man_shrugging:

You are now being rude with constant repitition of same old, soon to be irrelevant pointā€¦

I just chose to not engage with you, doesnā€™t make me wrongā€¦ All my points stay as I have expressed them. Get real & will leave it at that, else you might run to report ! :rofl:

1 Like

If I recall correctly, at the first time they appear in beta, they only buff/hit 3, not all neaby heroes. Beta testers and forum members (non-beta) ask for it to be changed to have an effect like in map mobs, afterall, all other heroes are close to the center. It was then granted.

Now they reverse it.

Imo, the first ever state was incorrect. They corrected it in beta. Now they want to revert it back to incorrect version.

2 Likes

Based on what I can read in Beta feedback topics Staff is going to change this hit 3 behaviour regardless of feedbackā€¦

2 Likes

Do they give a reason ? My main defense use that double formation, i use best of bryhild for give mana gen buff for my slow heroes gullinbursti elena isarnia, elena on center.

They have written that they will provide some reasoning in Version 42 release notes.

Meanwhile:
It looks like I thought it correctly.
Tavern of Legends with HoTM Costumes will be started in October 20.

3 Likes

The behaviour that need to be changed is SGā€™s behaviour.

7 Likes