🧪 The Beta Beat (V42) – Clash of Knights (Alliance Quest) and Heroes, HotM costumes, Elemental Links and families, Tavern of Legends quest update, new HotMs -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

Clash of Knights (Alliance Quest) Event:

New Hero of the Month costumes

New Hero of the Month Elemental Links and updates

New Hero of the Month families

2021 November HoTM: Balbar

2021 December HoTM: Hanitra

Legends portal update:

:male_detective: Additional Season 4 Heroes

(Was in Beta earlier, but now Lughaidh received a balance change)

Minor UI change:

• Prof. Lidenbrock’s Boost Over Time icon will be replaced to green heart from red heart.

Other Beta Content

(These were tested in earlier Beta versions. These might come back to testing or not…)

Haloween Hero Costumes

2021 October HoTM: Russell

Beta Feature Tracking/ Forecasted Content

Staff have not yet released any insight into the future V42 Beta testing content.

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Please try to limit discussion in this thread mostly to the information sharing process and feedback on the thread, so we don’t end up with a jumbled discussion of a bunch of different heroes — use the threads linked above for each individual hero to discuss more.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

:exclamation: Beta Updates

This section will be updated over time as there are updates to the V42 Beta Testing Cycle

September 28, 2021

Beta is opened for testing with Balance changes for Legends Families, Costumed Alberich, Costumed Drake Fong, Balbar and Lughaid.
Tavern of Legends and Alliance Quest is arrived for testing.

September 22, 2021

Beta is opened for testing for the new HotM Costumes, new HoTM families, November and December HoTM, updated Tavern of Legends quest.

September 15, 2021

Beta is opened for testing for the new Alliance Quests and Heroes

11 Likes

Hero sharing!!! You’ve got my attention.

Edit: not what this actually seems to be.

5 Likes

Preliminary information:

Alliance Quest Event:

• A new event where Alliances face a new challenge - together!
  • 30 new stages divided into 3 difficulties, Rare, Epic, and Legendary!
  • The harder difficulties open when the Alliance has gathered enough points from the previous difficulties:
    • 2,500,000 points for Epic
    • 10,000,000 points for Legendary

The first Quest in Beta (there will be two quest in this Beta) will start only tomorrow, and it will be a 3 day long event. So I will have more information only tomorrow about the Quest.

There will be a new Alliance Quest Summon which will work on Alliance Quest Coin.

There will be 4 legendary heroes:

• Esme
  • Ludwig
  • Wolfgang
  • Quenell

Two Epic heroes:

• Wren
  • Ferant

Two Rare heroes:

• Bertulf
  • Aderyn
12 Likes

It seems this is what they promised as fun way to play with alliance in sneak peek.

10 Likes

Finally something to bring meaning to alliances from gameplay perspective, besides titans and wars !!

Full support from me here SG! :slight_smile:

Just make it rewarding, so players are inclined to do alliance things together!

8 Likes

Wait… :thinking:

The title have something a trap, I also shock at 1st read the title. :face_with_monocle:
:test_tube: The Beta Beat (V42) – Allaince Quest and Heroes – Sharing the Big Picture on What’s Going on in Beta

Sharing the Big Picture on What’s Goin on in Beta

Well,… this is interesting feature, it bring meaning to alliances.
Thank you as always @PlayForFun !

5 Likes

Ah!!! Good catch! I’ll edit above.

4 Likes

it may seem a bit early to ask this, but should we expect season 1 heroes in the summon portal along with these heroes?

I think it’s safe to say you’ll see S1 heroes in every portal until the end of time.

27 Likes

Hum I may need to find a new Alliance :sweat_smile: Lot of members in current alliance won’t bother to play this, as they don’t play map stages either. They just summon to get heroes while I’ll do everything for coins :joy:

So I can provide some additional information about the Alliance Quest as this feature has been in Puzzle Combat for the last, oh idk, 6 months…?

Essentially it’s a lot like the existing challenge events where there are 3 difficulties (Rare, Epic and Legendary) each with the usual restrictions on Battle Items, Heroes and Troops.

The scoring is identical, where each stage has a score which is based on the enemies faced, HP, Time and cascades.
You then get a personal total score (which goes on a leaderboard) which is just the summing of ALL your stages (over all the difficulties).

Your alliance also gets a score which is the sum of all the members individual stages.

The biggest differences from existing challenge events are:

1. higher difficulties aren’t unlocked until your alliance has reached a combined total above 2.5mil and 10mil (for epic and legendary respectively).
  2. there is only 1 personal leaderboard. You get a total score for the entire event, not one for each difficulty.

In puzzle combat there is also a stage effect where every 4 turns it imparts a “burn” ailment and an attack debuff ailment.

I assume this feature will also appear in some form but don’t know what the specific ailments will be.
Finishing a round resets the countdown timer.

17 Likes

What the reward for this quest ? Is that like challenge/tower event ? need to waste our battle item for push our rank ?

There is (in puzzle combat) an individual reward, progress rewards (completing each difficulty) and also an alliance rank reward.

The individual rank reward is similar to a single challenge event ranked rewards

Progress rewards is similar to Tower Progress Chests (some RNG loot and coins)

The alliance rank reward is similar to the Mythic Titan Ally Rank rewards (emblems, some AMs and other misc. Loots)

The event isn’t difficult, at least not to me… it’s essentially the same difficulty as existing challenge events.
So most shouldn’t need many items if just going for completion.

Competition will require more battle items than normal as there are 3 stages so you kinda gotta perform over all 30 rather than just 10 to place in a challenge event.

13 Likes

About coin, is it new coin for summon ? Are there offer to buy and share like MT battle items ?

The coin will be a new one.

What is the current event duration for this in PC please?

Woah!!! Now this sounds like a really cool event! :grin: would be great if it inspires people to join alliances too! I look forward to it!

The new Topic is added for the new Clash of Knights Event Heroes (Alliance Quest):

3 Likes

Any chance you can see individual scores of alliance members like regular war and titans? Are are they hidden like in mythic titan or harpoons?

1 Like

Wow. It’s nice to have more events that involve the whole alliance. But why link it to another portal with new heroes? (Yeah, money, i know :see_no_evil:) There have been so many new heroes as of lately that i personally cannot remember a single one, nor their names, nor their special abilities.

2 Likes