🧪 The Beta Beat (V41) – Tower of Magic Event + Heroes, Haloween Hero Costumes, New Underwild Heroes and HoTM -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

I think I speak for everyone when I say you rock. Not paper, definitely not scissors. Rock.

5 Likes

Was hoping for something Today. Sad

Yeah, I still not see any new Beta build…
But I still hope that something will arrive later today…

2 Likes

I have just received a notification that a Beta build preparation is in progress.
So it is very likely we will get some new content today (or tomorrow by the latest)

Content is unknown.

5 Likes

nice, hight expectations here for new HOTMs and new “magical troops”

The Beta build has been arrived:

• These Haloween heroes have received a costume:
    • Francine
    • Vanda
    • Victor
    • Frank
  • New Hero of the Month: Russell
  • New Season 4 heroes have arrived:
    • Octros
    • Lugaidh
    • Passepartout

Balance changes

• Tower of Magic
    • Some Rare Blessing effects weakened slightly
    • Difficulty adjusted in some Normal stages
    • Difficulty increased in all Impossible stages
    • The Floor count is not changed, and still the same 4 classes can withstand 5 curses

Other changes and fixes:

• Tower Event Curses are now counted for hero and costume separately. This applies to both Tower Events: Tower of Magic and Ninja Tower.
  • Fixed an issue where Elradir’s mana generation passive did not work with status ailments cast by minions
  • Improved Elradir’s passive skill’s description, so that now it shows the exact proportion of mana gained when the hero receives a status ailment
  • Improved Myztero’s passive skill description to clarify that he is not supposed to memorize status effects cast by fiends
  • Fixed an issue where Akkorog did not receive damage when his special hit Ursena’s holy reflect
  • Improved special skill description for Margaret and costumed Little John
  • Improved Underwild gems spawn time to prevent gems from blocking user input during fast playing
  • Fixed text cutting on Danzaburo’s, Thor’s and Rumpelstiltskin’s special skill descriptions
  • Fixed an issue where Theobald’s green reflect prevented ally Bertila from lifting status ailments from the team
  • Fixed an issue where fiends did not absorb healing when the owner was in ghost form
  • Fixed a visual issue where Toxicandra’s and Alberich’s special skill descriptions mentioned they regenerate a small amount of mana, when it should be a moderate amount of mana.
  • Fixed an issue where the offer icon did not change when two offers were scheduled back to back.
  • Fixed weird spacing in Tournament rules text.
  • Fixed the text for activating Low Oxygen effect in Season 4 Deep Lagoon: Underwater map stages
  • Fixed a visual issue where ninja heroes were “dodging” ally Elizabeth’s special
  • Fixed an issue where enemy Onyx was missing a part of his x2 Mana Charge special in Ninja Tower
  • Improved battle notifications, so that talent, passive skill, family and level property notifications are not displayed on top of each other during the battle when effects are activated
  • Fixed an issue where in the attack team Chakkoszrott’s mana generation buff lasted only for 2 turns when the hero received a status ailment

I will set up the new topics later today…

7 Likes

A nice “buff” to costume heroes for ninja event. For some heroes who are very similar between regular and costume this essentially means you can waste curses on one version of the hero.

3 Likes

I don’t get who does and doesn’t get a costume
Yunan and Rana I understood as old five star getting a costume and Rocc would prob have to wait another year.

Now frank a four star gets added but Valeria doesn’t?

Francine and Vanda are just as new as Rocc and get costumes.

Then there’s jack who I haven’t used since I got him a year ago. Looks like he’ll be getting fed away soon.

14 Likes

I’d love to know the process of deciding who gets costumes and who doesn’t, cause it’s starting to sound like throwing darts at a dartboard.

6 Likes

My old theory was they did costumes for older heroes to increase summons on the portal and then will wait a year to add another costume to get spending next year too.
Now it seems like they’re going all in on the five stars. That I can rationalize.
But I don’t get adding Frank and no other 3s or 4s.

4 Likes

We do not know either…
We are always proposing to give costumes to all heroes (3-4 stars too).
At least now we are receiving it for a non 5 star hero.

3 Likes

Fully agree.

Vlad, who is terribly bad, would really need one (or any other improvement). Also, Valeria is rather weak, especially compared to newer 4* heroes.

I’m really happy that it’s not only the 5* heroes who get costumes as low/no-spenders have a realistic chance to get one, but Frank is the one who needs the improvement the least. It should have been Valeria and Vlad (along with 5* Victor) . And also Jack even though he’s second generation.

1 Like

Welp, looks like my decision to skip Sand Empire and summon during Halloween this year was the right one! Looking forward to the details on these, and also the thread on Russell. Thanks for the info, as always, @PlayForFun .

3 Likes

Might as well skip summoning until all heroes in the portal get their costume.

5 Likes

Nah, I need some projects soon, and I’ve never pulled in the Halloween portal before, so even the uncostumed heroes will be new projects for me. Shouldn’t be impossibly difficult to draw the three- or four-star costumes if they are released later, and all the fives appear to be getting them this time around anyway.

1 Like

2021 October HoTM topic is added:

Now the Season 4 heroes topic is added too:

New costumes for the Haloween heroes topic is added too:

3 Likes

And no rebalance. They’ve made it quite clear SnG may make small adjustments but heroes that really need buffs aren’t going to get 1 or if they do, it will be behind a paywall

This seems to be the opposite of the bait and switch with Telluria

I’m done spending on this game

4 Likes

i see that we’re back to chasing the bunny… how dare people don’t pull in events anymore :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I personally like this change. This means that technically a costumed hero can withstand many curses now.

2 Likes

Few notes about the Tower of Magic event.

• It is now scheduled to run for 6 days in Beta. I am unsure that this means that event duration will be 6 days or not. I have asked Staff for clarification. (There is a chance that it is extended only for this Beta, and it will be still 5 days in the live game)
  • Staff have written that Tower of Magic will be released with Version 41. So there is a high probability that we will have the first event in September (this is still NOT confirmed by Staff)
8 Likes

Cookie Settings