šŸ§Ŗ The Beta Beat (V37, V38 & V39) ā€“ Advanced Hero Levelling, Future S4 Heroes, Hero Balances, Future HotM's, Non-S1 Costumes, Starfall Circus Heroes + Event -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

Tavern featured hero Gravemaker

The spirits say

No

As far as we can tell ( from Beta rumors ) SGG are testing 5* hero costumes in Hero Academy so they can give Gravemaker his costume.

In the Beta were SGG limited it solely to Tavern of Legends v2.0, there was a large amount of negative feedback.

At least this way marketing can honestly say, Gravemaker from Taverns, or free from Hero Academy, can also grant a lucky player Gravemakerā€™s costume

From what I can tell, SGG really wants to make Gravemaker, with matching costume, featured HotM for multiple Tavern appearances

Notes

Click for notes

FIN

4 Likes

Would Salmon Loki be a costume for Bera?

theyā€™re really still going through with costumes for non S1s, eh. Iā€™m really curious as to what the beta feedback will be.

and also curious to see what the costumes will be likeā€¦ Rana and Yunan are part of the older/original batch of seasonalsā€¦ but stillā€¦

not particularly happyā€¦

8 Likes

So, in HA its 5% on old hotm, 5% costune and 90% tc 20. Is that right?

We donā€™t want costume for non S1 heroes!!!

What they are trying to do is selling this stupid idea by making people think they could have a decent chance to have it for free with HA10.

Guess what? Itā€™s just a mirage. Odds in HA10 are terrible given the time and ressources it take to retrain a hero.

STOP taking us for fools!!!

9 Likes

Yes, you can get Seasonal heroes,
I have already managed to get Roc from HA10 in Beta.
You can get a costume for any S1 hero or Yunan or Rana.

But it will be very hard to a costume for Yunan and Rana as the costume pull is a ā€œbonus drawā€.
So if you are lucky to get Yunan or Rana then you will still need to be much more lucky get the costume so.

Currently there are 66 heroes available in HA10 in Beta (If I counted them correctly) (47 special heroes)
This is how it is working:

• You have 95% chance to get Season 1 hero, and after that you have 5% chance to get a costume too.
    So you have 95% * 95% = 90.25% chance for getting a Season 1 hero without costume
    And you have 95% * 5% = 4.75% chance for getting a Season 1 hero with costume
  • You have 5% chance to get a non Season 1 hero. Currently two special heroes have got costumes (if these new costumes will ever go live), which is 2 * 0.106% = 0.212% chance to get a hero which can get costume.
    So you have 0.212% * 5% chance to get Rana or Yunan with costume = 0.0106% chance.
    You have 0.212% * 95% chance to get Rana or Yunan without costume = 0.2014% chance
    The rest of chance will got to that you have receive any other special hero: 5%-0.212% = 4.788%

So to summary this:

• 90.25% chance to get Season 1 hero witthout costume
  • 4.75% chance to get Season 1 hero with costume
  • 4.788% + 0.2014% = 4.9894% chance to get a special hero without costume
  • 0.0106% chance to get a special hero with costume

So basicly you have 4.7606% chance to get any costume from HA10.

17 Likes

I suppose you are asking it because Salmon Loki was Beraā€™s original name in Beta long time ago, but my answer is no it is not a costume.
It is brand new hero, which does not seems to be useful as it can attack only yellow heroes, and it changing the elements of the opponents randomly every turn.

2 Likes

so, they add the new season (rocc, krampus, killhareā€¦)?
did they also added the new monthly heroes? (BK, gazelle,PiBā€¦?)

Currenly only the Sand Empire event heroes added from Season heroes into HA10.
So no Springvale, Haloween or Christmas heroes available.

No, they are still not added to HA10ā€¦

1 Like

thanks, mate!
20minimum

1 Like

This is a very helpful explanation. Thank you. On the initial read-through, I was afraid we were in for Round 2 of getting a costume with no hero for it.

Iā€™m actually glad that there is a chance to get S1 five-star costumes in HA 10. Given that Iā€™m currently 0-for-30 on getting a non-S1 hero from there, it gives me another reason to keep running the stupid thing. The only five-star costume I have summoned so far is Justice, which might be the absolute crappiest one, so another chance to grab something useful is welcomed.

Oh, goody. So they took the least popular idea Iā€™ve seen in my 2+ years on the forum and stuffed it behind the gameā€™s biggest paywall so they could make it even less popular? I mean, this is the most naked (Iā€™m aware that ā€œnakedā€ is not a gradable adjective) money grab in the gameā€™s history, which is a pretty high bar already. Honest-to-goodness you canā€™t make up that level of utter cluelessness!

8 Likes

Not much better Iā€™d say. The beta format still forces folks to chase in the portal for the costume. In fact, thereā€™s a 0.3% chance in the beta portal to get a seasonal 5 star WITHOUT the costume. So if you are chasing the costume, you could get ā€˜luckyā€™ and pull a duplicate and still not receive the costume. Rofl.

Current chances in beta:
Rare classic: 56.8%
Epic Classic: 20.8%
Legendary Classic: 0.9%

Rare Seasonal: 14.2%
Epic Seasonal: 5.7%
Legendary Seasonal (Edit: Roc): 0.3%
Legendary Seasonal (Edit: Yunan/Rana): 1.3%

Bonus Draw (HOTM): 1.3%

The addition of costume pulls in HA10 is an improvement. Does it offset the awful implementation of non-s1 costumes? No. No it does not.

6 Likes

Say WHAT!!! You have GOT to be kidding. Who the heck asked for that ā€œfeatureā€? Someone at SGG really thought, ā€œHey, you know what would be great? If we added costumes that our players are pretty unanimously vehemently opposed to, and then we gave them a chance to summon an ultra-rare hero and STILL not get the costume.ā€ Pretty sure 0.3% of this gameā€™s player base is still a whole lot of people to ā– ā– ā– ā–  off for no good reasonā€¦ although if they keep making stupid decisions like this, the size of the player base is likely to shrink dramatically.

4 Likes

This is gonna be 1 of those things that makes people that have already pulled Rana and Yunan upset.

I just dont understand how they think this isnt gonna backfire. To top it off, wait until they introduce the limit breakers and then the next year, limit breakers for the limit breakers and troops

SG fooled alot of us 1st with the introduction of costumes with the S1 heroes once, I dont think its gonna end well for them financially.

Rebalance the heroes if it needs to be done. A rebalance isnt something that should be paid for

8 Likes

I strongly believe this 0,3% chance is the appereance rate of Roc, who has not got a costume.
While Rana and Yunan has 0.65% apperance rate each so 1.3% in total.

In the portal SG mentioning ā€œHero and Costumeā€ for Yunan and Rana and they are Featured

Currenty the portal odds have these words:
Legendary Season Hero: 0.3%
Legendary Featured Seasonal Hero and Costume: 1.3%

4 Likes

Surely you must be right. They canā€™t possibly be this tone deafā€¦ can they?

3 Likes

Itā€™s frequently obvious that the forum posters are a small portion of the player base. This is such a case.

SHG doesnā€™t appear to be in it for the long game. They see this game lasting another year or three, and they are going to monetize it as much as they can in that time, because thereā€™s whales out there thatā€™ll spend, spend, spend.

Which is why thereā€™s such a disconnect between forum posters and the devs.

3 Likes

any peek at the new season 3 heroes?

There is only one new S3 hero: Salmon Loki

• Vanaheim Realm
  • Special skill:
    • 195% damage to all Holy enemies
    • All enemies change their elements every turn for 3 turns. For two turns element is changed to random differenent element, and on the last turn elmenent is changed back to the original element. Deals 126 damage to Holy enemies each turn.
4 Likes

wellā€¦ dont know what to think, but i do like SG trying crazy new stuff and not just the ā€œfast sniper and the medium wrecker ballā€ how is it mana speed

3 Likes