🧪 The Beta Beat (V37, V38 & V39) – Advanced Hero Levelling, Future S4 Heroes, Hero Balances, Future HotM's, Non-S1 Costumes, Starfall Circus Heroes + Event -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

Upcoming HotMs

:performing_arts: Non-Season 1 Costumes

Initially tested in V35 & V36 of beta. These are not yet returned in V37 but staff have indicated that there would be another attempt at this feature>

The initial testing in V35 was met with widespread anger, outrage and annoyance. Prompting staff to make this announcement: Addressing Upcoming Costumes

Staff then made this update post the outrage, anger and annoyance that continued in their second attempt in V36.2:

For all the information: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 4 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

Advanced Hero Levels

Initially previewed in the 2021 Sneak Peek, this is the first look in Beta at this content.

For more information & to provide feedback check this thread:
🧪 Early Information on Advanced Hero Levels (aka Limit Breakers) [Part of The Beta Beat v37 & V39]

For additional information on the “Mirage of Omega” (Quest for Limit Breakers) see this thread:
🧪 Early Information on Mirages of Omega (aka Limit Breaker) Quest [Part of The Beta Beat V39]

Additional Season 4 Heroes

As was the case with Season 3, it appears that S4 legendary heroes are being “trickled” into the summon pool. V37 sees the testing of some additional S4 5* heroes.

🧪 Early Information on ROUND 2 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v37]

New Season 3 Hero: Salmon Loki

OG Salmon Loki became Bera. This is a reworking of the original hero / design with essentially the same specs, stats, family, class etc… Just with a new (terribly worded) special skill.

For information: 🧪 Early information on New Season 3 (Valhalla) Hero -- Salmon Loki (again)

:balance_scale: Hero Balances (V37)

For a full list & details about the heroes balancing being tested in V37 of beta see this thread:
🧪 Early Information on General Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v37]

:circus_tent: Starfall Circus

This is a new challenge event, like League of Villains was.

Hero Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Starfall Circus Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v38]

Quest & Gameplay Information: 🧪 Early Information on New "Starfall Circus" Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V38]

:mage: Tower of Magic + Heroes

New event staff have stated that will be “similar” to the Ninja tower in gameplay and mechanics. It has NOT been added to beta yet for testing, only the heroes.

Big personal thanks to @PlayForFun who has had a first crack at doing a beta-beat thread :slight_smile:

For more information see:

:partying_face: QoL Improvements

QoL = Quality of Life

There are STILL no QoL related anything announced / included in V37 Beta Testing.

There are FINALLY some QoL stuff to report!!! In V38.2 of beta the following QoL features have been added for testing:

• Added an indicator to Hero roster view that lets players know they have the required materials to ascend the hero
  • Enemy attack and defense stats are now shown.
  • Enemy wave count shown in map stages.
  • Added a timer to Friendly Match Energy

In V39.2 of Beta, another “QoL” style thing was added for testing:

• Hero Retrainings in the Hero Academy (Level 10) have a CHANCE to draw the heroe’s costume as a bonus draw (if there is one available)
  • I believe the “bonus chance” is 5%

Beta Feature Tracking/ Forecasted Content

Staff have not yet released any insight into the future V37 Beta testing content.

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Please try to limit discussion in this thread mostly to the information sharing process and feedback on the thread, so we don’t end up with a jumbled discussion of a bunch of different heroes — use the threads linked above for each individual hero to discuss more.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

:exclamation: Beta Updates

This section will be updated over time as there are updates to the V37 Beta Testing Cycle

Apr 7, 2021

Beta opened for testing featuring primarily some balance changes to heroes & new feature “Limit Breakers”

Apr 12, 2021

Beta V37.1 closed.

Apr 14, 2021

Beta V38.1 has opened for testing featuring a new HotM (july) and the Previewed Starfall Circus event & heroes.

May 05, 2021

Beta V38.2 has opened for testing. This features some balance changes to the Starfall Circus heroes as well as a variety of bug fixes & QoL additions. See HERE for full list of Bug Fixes.

May 18

Beta V39.1 opened for testing. Features some additional S4 stuff & a second viewing of the Advanced hero Levelling.

Other Beta Content

Other content that has been tested in Beta but is not yet released to live game includes:

• New War Rules (War Equalizer specifically)
  • Upcoming HotM’s

14 Likes

I’ve published this but will take a little time to get the content all developed.

Some summaries:

• Nothing new on the Non-S1 hero costume front. That hasn’t returned yet.

• Advanced hero levelling:

• New item called a “limit breaker”
    • Gain “limit breakers” via a new “limit breaker quest”
    • Come in 5 elements & 3 rarities. Rare, epic and Legendary.
    • Each limit breaker increases Max level by +5.
    • You can apply only 1x limit breaker per hero. However each additional level gives quite a considerable stat boost.
    • Once limit broken, advancing the additional new levels will cost food, iron, exp and ascension items; quantity will depend on the rarity of the hero.
    • Yes I personally hate the concept of this…

Edit: removing stuff as threads are made.

19 Likes

Positives - they are buffing lots of heroes. Doubt any of these buffs will shake things up much at the higher tiers but it will definitely be a plus for C2P/ F2P players. I do welcome the Miki silence buff both for titans and v.fast wars.

Negative - Advanced hero levelling just feels like an arms race. I am sure those limit breaker items are going to be super rare and super expensive.

3 Likes

Some balance is a good thing, I can’t wait to see the same thing for old event heroes and other HOTM. They deserve it (Red Hood, Guardian Owl, Boss Wolf, and why not old monsters like Guinevere).

However, I’m really concerned by this advanced leveling. It looks like another kind of emblems, above the emblems. I don’t know if I’m right or clear, but this is my first impression : a new long, tiring and money-eating way to ascend heroes. I could agree more with this if 4* materials could drop more often, actually…

3 Likes

No telluria and vela buff then :rofl: that’s a slap on the face. But least me miki got in on the action.

20 posts were merged into an existing topic: :test_tube: Early Information on Advanced Hero Levels [Part of The Beta Beat v37]

Wow! Noor’s minions get a bump of 5%. Path breaking. :rofl:

4 Likes

" QoL = Quality of Life

There are STILL no QoL related anything announced / included in V37 Beta Testing."

What a huge surprise no update there! Not even information about what they gonna do godamit.

Too bad for devs it has been announced so they must do at least something for the players and not for owners this year.

Unless they just let us down.

Someone obviously who has not played the game made those “balance changes”. Example. Why in the world does Miki need buff? Like the guy isnt already the best support damage hero in the game. :man_facepalming:

19 Likes

QoL = Quality of Lies :wink:
Nothing good shall be added in that section

5 Likes

It would be really nice if a greater proportion of new heroes were 3s, then 4s, with the fewest being 5s. Each of us is way more likely to summon 3s, then 4s, then 5s, after all.

Ah, but then people don’t spend money to chase 3*s, so I get it :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Because miki does nothing else in raids, that’s why he got Buff, increasing the attack only works at higher hp for titanium and for bosses in events, so for slow mana at least 5 rounds of silence!

a QoL update i would like to see, at some point, is seeing the date you got a hero. Also, to display a hotm, i wouldn’t mind seeing the card in a darker color shade. Just some ideas is all

2 Likes

At this point I’m not sure what to expect. This was one of the things I looked forward to the most in the preview/sneak peek, but now it may just be a Dec 31st “you can now buy multiple offers at once!”…

8 Likes

Incorrect, there is now a “Collect All” button added to Path of Valor in v37!

It is just what everyone was asking for.

6 Likes

My Anzogh does only 215% damage and minor heal so he does not do well against Titans so why not buff him? In fact he does not do very well in anything without support. To be clear, I am not really asking to buff him.

If you’ve played the game you must have realized all heroes should not be good for all areas of the game. But that does not mean they should be buffed in their weaker areas.

I understand you, I just wrote it to defend Miki, I don’t have Anzogh, I just know I have an even weaker Hotm and that’s thoth amun :joy:

1 Like

Is there new season 4 heroes in beta?
Don’t see any info on it?

2 Likes

Been refreshing to see the new heroes too! How are they?

1 Like

Welcome to the fourm.
@chihanston New hero’s will be updated that being tested soon. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks dude, or your Rudeness?

1 Like