🧪 The Beta Beat (V34 & V35) – Mythic Titans, Upcoming HotMs, Friendly Matches, Season 4 Heroes (R1), New Challenge Event, More Costumes & Valhalla Forever-- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

Mythic Titans

This is a feature that has been teased a couple times in 2020 & is tought to be the “Awesome new ways to play with your Alliance members” teased in the 2020 sneak peak.

Mythic Titans were first Beta Tested in Versino 33 of Beta & make a return in V34 beta testing.

Upcoming HotMs

Friendly Matches

An often requested feature was introduced for testing in V35 of beta testing. This feature allows you to battle against your alliance members set defence teams.

For more & detailed information see this thread:
🧪 Early Information on Friendly Matches [Part of The Beta Beat V35]

Season 4!!

*The theme is, as yet, unknown. For thoughts, guesses, hypothesis’ and discussion around what the future Season 4 (S4) theme could be, check out this thread: Season 4 Theme...? Thoughts, Guesses & Discussion

Season 4 Heroes - Part 1

8 heroes added to Beta who are indicated to be part of a future Season 4.

For more & detailed information see this thread:
🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

:man_supervillain: League of Villains – New Challenge Event :woman_supervillain:

Added for initial TESTING in Beta V35.3; the League of Villains is a new Challenge Event. It features a new challenge event, new heroes and of course a new portal. See below for threads for further information.

League of Villains Heroes: 🧪 Early Information on New League of Villains Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v35]

League of Villains; Gamplay, Stages & Rewards: 🧪 Early Information on New "League of Villains" Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V35]

Round 4 of Hero Costumes

Added for first pass testing are some more Hero Costumes. This is the first round of costumes which are for Non-Season 1 Heroes & feature some Event, Seasonal, HotM and Season 2 heroes.
It’s not yet known how this will be completely implemented & seems to just be initial concept to garner player feedback/ thoughts on extending Costumes to other groups of heroes.

For more information, head over here: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 4 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

:postal_horn: Valhalla Forever

Like Atlantis rises but not as good…

More information: 🧪 Early Information on Valhalla Forever [Part of The Beta Beat V35]

:crossed_swords: Raid formations

Initially tested in Beta V31, this feature allows a player to set a different setup for their defence team.

It only applies to raid defence (and friendly matches) and can only be unlocked at Hero Academy Level 1.

More info: 🧪 Early Information on Raid formations [Part of The Beta Beat v31]

:partying_face: QoL Improvements

QoL = Quality of Life

Nil yet announced in V34 Beta Testing.

Beta Feature Tracking/ Forecasted Content

Staff have not yet released any insight into the future V34 Beta testing content.

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Please try to limit discussion in this thread mostly to the information sharing process and feedback on the thread, so we don’t end up with a jumbled discussion of a bunch of different heroes — use the threads linked above for each individual hero to discuss more.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

:exclamation: Beta Updates

This section will be updated over time as there are updates to the V32 Beta Testing Cycle

13 Nov, 2020

Beta V34.1 has opened for testing. Included for testing is the Mythic Titan event (second round of testing).

18 Nov, 2020

Beta V34.1 is now closed.
Staff have indicated that there will be a new build next week (Wednesday or Thursday) which is likely to be the final round of testing on the Mythic Titans.

20 Nov, 2020

Beta V34.2 opened with changes to the Mythic Titans. Check the MT thread for info.

1 Dec, 2020

Beta V34.2 closed for testing.

2 Dec, 2020

Beta V35.1 opened for testing. Features a new HotM for March 2021 & a new feature “friendly matches”.

8 Dec, 2020

Beta V35.1 has closed for testing. Next beta planned for Thursday.

11 Dec, 2020

Beta V35.2 opened for testing. Sees the return of Malicna with some changes as well as first look as some Season 4 heroes and the upcoming April 2021 HotM.

15 Dec, 2020

Beta V35.2 has closed for testing. The next round of beta has been indicated to open later today. It’s also been indicated that V35.3 will likely be the final beta of the year.

16 Dec, 2020

Beta V35.3 has opened for testing. Features a new challenge event and some new challenge event heroes (The League of Villains). See above for links.

21 Dec, 2020

Beta v35.3 is now closed. Staff have indicated that that’s it for the year.

18 Jan, 2021

Beta V35.4 is now opened for testing. It features a second pass at the League of Villains Heroes & a first look at some new / additional hero costumes.

20 Jan, 2021

Beta V35.4 has closed for testing. See comment in post 76 for details.

26 Jan, 2021

Beta V35.5 opened for testing. included for testing are League of Villains (event & heroes), Raid Formations & Valhalla Forever (thread to come).

Other Beta Content

Other content that has been tested in Beta but is not yet released to live game includes:

• Additional S3 Legendary Heroes
  • Raid Formations
  • New War Rules (War Equalizer specifically)
  • New Christmas Heroes & Christmas Event

14 Likes

Beta Update

Beta has reopened with a new version number (V34).

In this first round of testing (V34.1) the focus is on the Mythic Titan Event. This is the second round of testing.

Check the Mythic Titans Thread for the changes / updates.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s annoying or helpful to point things like this out but equalizer is in and elemental boost isn’t.

Thanks for your hard work!

1 Like

Are those additional heroes meant as Odinthorloki or some other bunch of 3* and 4* as well?

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: :test_tube: Early Information on ROUND 3 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v33]

I’m hoping/expecting they’ll add yet another 3 5* heroes to Season 3 (Blue/Green/Dark), so then it’ll have 20 5* heroes total and 4 in each color.

2 Likes

I would like to know too.

Oh wow. This is interesting… hope its something exciting and new :pray:

Hope new costume heroes and christmas heroes will return. Maybe balancing for wu kong and carol.

1 Like

The most sense would be Blue + Red + Dark (Ymir + Surtur + Nidhogg) but unless there are really extra levels that are nor shown yet in Asgard, the number of heroes to be released matches tghe number of provinces to unlock times 3.

All this new content made me forget about the raid formations! Let’s have them in this beta as it’s not going to be a busy one, some cosmetic stuff in the Christmas event, Mythic Titans and such? And some QoL improvements would be much appreciated as well. That’s my Christmas list, Santa. Get on it, or you won’t get the set of rings and I’ll leave you sitting at 3.70!

2 Likes

this looks very intresting, hope to know more asap

Just the same ones.

If there was new stuff it’d be listed :slight_smile:

@TGX and @LucaeBirba that’s just filled text. There may not be anything extra in V34 of beta.

Well if there is, you just know there’ll be at least one complaint that there’s too much to do in this game. Proof, if it were needed, that there’s no pleasing some people.

Yes, too much or too little… depends how you look at it.
On one side :
a) Too many similar repetitive stuff with only slight changes : ,… Even new events like Ninja portals or Mythic titans dont really bring much different gameplay (just slightly different set of rules).

b) No real depth or wider variety of gameplay option. Basically all the options are linear, with main focus only on hero lvl and troop lvl. What then?

So from my overall point of view, focus is on making sure, a player consumes as much time as possible on this game, but offers little variety to keep it interesting and fullfiling in the long run.

Since there isnt much variety, all of SG continuation of success relies on providing new heroes…Its a small wonder, game is still going strong with such little depth and real variety… Part of this lies in the strong foundation (excellent idea for game which attracted many) and hope for it to develop further…

How to add more variety and depth?

• substitute guilds for alliances, where every guild has their own questline, unique items to develop (also of legendary status), roles to do, and buildings to make (and then offer guilds to go into alliances for bigger goals)
  • guilds are able to build buildings together on neutral land (which everyone benefits from it )
  • offer trading of guild made up items among other guilds (so you have chance to get items from other guilds you normally wouldnt be able to get (this excludes hero and ascension mats trading which is problematic from SG revenue point)
  • craft legendary items to offer heroes unique approaches and give 3* and 4* better options to compete
  • mercenary guild would be there to join for war, special quests where guilds require help or for titans
    -tie guilds quests and story into avalon, teltoc, pirates etc,…)
  • gives heroes roles to lead parts of towns (talents reflect how they handle things - better to max 3* talent early, so you get bonuses)
  • give buildings more options to affect world
  • unique buildings which are availaible to the element of your choice (whole town reflects the element visualy as well as offer unique options)
  • options to craft talent braces to unlouck first stage of talent of hero. Rare braces would increase max talent of hero by 1 even if he hits stage 5.
  • more puzzles and variety? This can be tied to story options, a person in town, who offers a puzzle or quizz for reward etc,…
  • rare versions of quests which go to uncommon at max currently and have unique gameplay and
    score ladder
  • guild friendly puzzle matches ( think of card games, but unique empires and puzzles design for fun)
  • Castle attacks (few times per day, you can storm castle for more resources than usual, but defending heroes are also using castle defenses)
  • above diamond arena which features unique battleground and rules
  • options to set ambushes on enemy heroes (which dont use raid flags, but sets your heroes unchangable and cant be used until you call the ambush off. So you set 3 red and 2 blu heroes for ambush - your ambush heroes catch after 3 hours a party, which consists of 5 blue heroes… You cant change your ambushing heroes to increase your chances of winning. If you loose ambush, they get your resources)
  • alliance/guild scores amount to some new guild quests or rewards/ benefits
    -friendly matches in guilds
  • options for alliances to conquer lands of other agressive alliances to get some benefit from whole alliance. You can choose to be neutral alliance , for relaxed players, where there is no risk to get attacked or hindered in any way (about land grabbing)
  • rewards for being in top raid 3, 10, 50, 100, 200 based on time…
  • etc,…
6 Likes

Interesting ideas…but some of it beyond my comprehension.

1 Like

I hope Beta v34 will include buff to rewards of NT, because unless and until that happens I will not to that again beyond some curiosity.

3 Likes

Some ideas I already developed to be more complete and could be found in the new ideas threads .

Some idea which you would like to know more in detail?

The V33 release notes already contains some buffs called:
“New Progression reward Chests added to Ninja Tower”
I am not sure that we be :smiley:
And as I have seen in the related topics it was not in Beta either.
So we will have to wait and see it in December.

2 Likes