šŸ§Ŗ The Beta Beat (v32) ā€“ Ninja Tower Event; Ninja Tower Heroes & Troops, Updated Halloween Event & New Halloween Heroes -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

What is bypass?

Donā€™t tell me itā€™s like built in evasion or chance to resist to status ailments because last thing I need and going to enjoy is for the gameplay to be even more RNG based and rage-inducing after lost war attacksā€¦

EDIT: oh, actually forgot bypass is the ā€˜ignore defense buffsā€™ in this game terminology - so like built in Rangers talent, is that what the troop does?

6 Likes

Like Ranger talentā€¦

1 Like

So ignoring status buffs and Reflect? I imagine on some heroes it may be powerful in some situations (those with AoE against counter, yellows against Ursena) but otherwise hard pass. Taking into account healing is kind of situational already, thatā€™s two from 4 stats that are not that awesome.

I dont want to say that i like the bypass thing. However , in my opinion, Ninja troops being so similar to mana troops seems to be absolutely redudant.
Its better to have diversity, though id rather another ability like enchance the hp, a chance of healing(like clerics troops)but not the bypass thing. Lets see if the troops remain this way

5 Likes

No, they have not returned to beta.

Suddenly it sounds different. Unique. Useful :stuck_out_tongue:
A reskin of a mana troop is not useful. Particularly to those whoā€™ve already spent $$$$ and maxed several mana troops only to have all that money made obselete by having a newer better stat distributed mana troop. No, having the new troops being something legitimately different is much better imho.

Sorry, correct word should be ā€œpierceā€. But yes, basically the ranger talent. Or like Tyr or Cobalt :slight_smile:

11 Likes

@yelnats_24 or @Guvnor or anyoneā€¦
Are bypass like pierce or skill including for reflect? like Mitsuko VS (Finley, Alasie & Athena) ?

Iā€™m not sure because I do not have enough experience for Ursena, hard to find Neith & Bai Yeong.

EDIT: ok it doesā€¦

Well,ā€¦ now Joon, Drake, etcā€¦ are not guaranteed reflected by Ursena anymore :sweat_smile:
Crazy, crazyā€¦ :man_facepalming: :hot_face:

EDIT2:
So, it also means, that the troop has chance to bypass reflect tiles from Event Challange?

1 Like

Personally, I like the redundancy of ninja troops because you had 2/3rds chance at getting a the desirable mana troop vs diluting the pool.

3 Likes

Donā€™t get me wrong, I am happy with the change because that means I donā€™t have to chase it :rofl:. As F2P, it is already hard enough raising my mana troop to level 27ā€¦

1 Like

No

Defense Bypass only works on buffs.

Elemental barrier ( Challenge event and rare titan ), family bonus, costume bonus, troop bonus, class bonuses are all permanent and thus not effected.

3 Likes

@Chadmo Here the new information chad.

1 Like

Thanks for the updates @Guvnor, hope these changes will see their respective threads soon!

Glad the ninja troops got changed to something new. Not a big fan of the bypass mechanic, would like to think they coulda chosen something a little ā€¦ better?. Buuuut Iā€™ll take it. Yay for new things.

3 Likes

It would be better if instead of Bypass there would be a chance to remove status ailments from my heroes or buffs from enemies or both :slight_smile:
This would make these new troops worth pulling for :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I expect they will in due course.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a little confused by the follow-up posts. Is this supposed to be the final round of costumes to include all the remaining heroes, or is there a list for the next group? I see people talking about Scarlet, Kelile, and Wu Kong. Is this all wishful thinking?

I think everybody is just guessing, and as per my knowledge there is no exact information about how many and which costumes will be tested / released.

Initially 20 costumes were released.
In Round 2 SG releeased 21 new costumes.

There are 25 more season 1 heroes, which does not have costumes:

5 star heroes:
Red: Marjana, Khagan
Blue: Thorne
Yellow: Justice, Leonidas
Dark: Obakan

4 star heroes:
Red: Colen, Kelile, Gormek, Scarlet
Blue: Grimm
Yellow: Wu-kong, Chao, Hu Tao
Dark: Cyprian, Sabina

3 star heroes:
Red: Jahangir, Nashgar
Blue: Greymane, Ulmer, Valen
Yellow: Dawa, Gan ju, Kalani
Dark: Oberon

Similar number of costumes are released in the first two batches so we will see that we will get new costumes for all of them or not.

10 Likes

Did anybody notice that the ninja troops are turtles?

Donatello uses a bo and wears purple
Rafael uses a sai and wears red
Leonardo uses a sword and wears blue
Michelangelo uses nunchucks and wears orange (decently close to yellow)
ā€¦So I guess Splinter uses a kusarigama?

7 Likes

Ha! And the new ā€œcharge manaā€ requires pizza.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking about this. While I agree a new mana troop with a minor stat redistribution isnā€™t very useful, Iā€™m not convinced that these are. Crit troops will always provide crit chance and a decent survivability bump and mana troops allow you to fire faster. But bypass? It may be useful on some fights, but completely useless on others. And is having that low of a chance really worth spending the food/troops to level? After spending all the food and troops to max one (or at least level 29) you have roughly a 1 in 7 (edit: for single target) chance to not have Ursena reflect or have your hero destroyed by riposte. Yay.

The best use I can think of right now (Iā€™m interested in other ideas though) is for an aoe attacker with the enemy all having some defense buff up - say Isarnia with J.F. buff up. At level 29+ you would have about a 44% chance that the troop does nothing for you, a 39% chance to bypass on one hero, a 14% chance on two, a 2% chance on 3, and much lower for 4 or all 5. But your troop choice means that you slower than you would be with a mana troop and squishier than with a crit troop. And this whole scenario requires you expecting that JFā€™s buff would be up when Isarnia is ready to fire, and not being able to kill or control J.F., or create a window to fire it in. IMO the tradeoff of troops that provide relaible benefits for ones that are extremely unreliable and require very contrived situations or extreme luck to even be worth it - just feels like a step back. I think the $$$$ people that have a full set of mana and crit troops and would find these worth leveling (instead of another mana or crit troop - not in the absence of one) to be a very small group.

Iā€™m glad they are trying something different, but to me personally, these just dilute the pool further from what I would find useful. If I did get one, I think the game will be shut down before I ever decide to raise it above level 1.

Edit 1: Thank you @MuaddibMcfly for pointing out Finley. Ranger talent on Finley is indeed valuable, and these troops would help that and may indeed be the troop of choice for Finley even in their current form. Works well on offense and defense. This also leads up to a good point that these troops would provide a higher benefit to heroes that already have bypass (through ranger talent or naturally like Tyr), and Finley being a strong multi-hit ranger probably maximizes this benefit.

Iā€™m not sure about other rangers/heroes though. Tyr? Doesnā€™t hit very hard so not much benefit to the bypass. Finley alone makes for a very small $$$ group to obtain and level a troop for.

It is worth considering though - and I welcome further discussion and examples. :slight_smile:

My chief problem with these troops is not that bypass isnā€™t always useful, but that the % seems far to low to be worth using them in place of other troops. Even with Seshat with 25% from talent - yes I will sometimes gamble to clear a riposte. But this is more of a last resort when initial plans fail. But Iā€™m not seeing adding +15% bypass being better than current troops. If, in general, they are only useful in certain fights I think they should have a clear advantage over current troops for those fights. Otherwise, why bother bringing them let alone leveling them.

Edit 2: should have udpated this earlier when the troops received an additional 2%ATK/DEF. It seems clear now that these are meant to be more strictly offensive in comparison to crit troops that are more defensive/balanced, and mana troops to boost speed. The bypass being low is meant to be a bonus to the high attack stat, not the main draw. As such, if your hero doesnā€™t make the best use of either a crit or mana troop and is a very offensive hero these troops shine. I think the best example is Finley, but without 29+ mana troops any sniper would probably prefer the higher attack power. I could see as long term goals mana troops may still be prefered on defense (at 29+), but ninja troops would be better on offense as dropping from 8 to 7 tiles on offense usually doesnā€™t matter for a match-3 game. Keep in mind that leveling one is done at the expense of the other, but this wouldnā€™t matter for those already with complete troop sets.

8 Likes

I donā€™t know about thatā€¦ Consider Finley+15. Instead of a 1:4 chance of bypassing, heā€™d have a 2:5

1 Like