đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (v31) – Ninja Tower Event; Alliance Member Online/Offline Indicator; Raid Formations; New ROUND 4 Season 3 Heroes; Jul/Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec HOTM – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

Most active alliances and groups of alliances use Line or some other messaging service to communicate. This allows for those that are interested to participate in chat and keeps any potential liability off of SGG.
I recommend that you start a Line with those that you’re interested in keeping up with or that may want to call you in for a Titan kill.

1 Like

Can’t hardly wait to see what Odin’s skills will be!

Yes but sometimes it’s just inconvenient when some use Line and others use Discord. Also for recruiting purposes, it would be easier with PM/DM first and then Line/discord

The software for this Forum supports private messaging, but SG turned it off.

Given this platform could have it with no development effort, I’d be surprised to see them spend development time adding it to the game — I don’t think their reasoning is inability or priority. I think they just don’t support the premise of having private messaging.

I know why it came up here, but it’s not superbly salient to Beta v31 — so I’d suggest continuing further discussion of it here: Private Messages & Friends Lists, Player Search - Please add your comments & ideas here!

6 Likes

Do you happen to know why they don’t create holy costumes in the previous iteration?

1 Like

Probably same reason it took 3 years to get a 4* holy healer.

6 Likes

I assume because of how decisions are made.

12 Likes

But wasn’t that gap only a month or two? That’s why i thought it would be introduced into this round of beta

The first round of Costumes was released November 18, 2019.

The second round of Costumes was released May 18, 2020.

So no, they were 6 months apart.

8 Likes

Oh wow I don’t know why i was remembering differently. Personal Mandela effect maybe? Granted, I do have a terrible memory hahah

1 Like

Perhaps you’re thinking of when the Costume event went on a “hiatus” after the initial launch in November, until January, and returned with updates to the Portal — but no new Costumes.

The changes were primarily a chance at the current HOTM, getting both the Hero and Costume together, adding in Featured Costumes, adding a Bonus Chest, and increased cost for Summons. Details here: đŸ§Ș Early Information on Costumes Post-Hiatus Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v26]

3 Likes

Please @EmpiresPuzzles provide an opt-in feature to disable the on-line indicator. Although many like the idea not everyone is happy with this feature.

2 Likes

The new Season 3 heroes look great. Not only are they powerful, but also unique.

The new HOTMs are okay. As f2p, I’ll level any of them if I get them. P2W players will pay to get them. Those in the middle probably have a longer list of heroes to level. None of them inherently break or change the game. Perhaps that is a good thing, but it comes at preventing me from being super excited about them.

We all like to blame SG for doing things that makes them money. I wouldn’t do it much differently if I were them. Maybe they realized that HOTM don’t generate that much incremental money. If you have a 1.3% chance to get a HOTM on any pull, you always have a better chance at pulling the HOTM than any event or seasonal hero. Therefore, if you were chasing one hero, you’ll get it more quickly if it’s the HOTM, which means you end up spending less. Based on much better the new season 3 heroes look at initial glance, perhaps they’re pushing more towards the lower chance summon portals and giving the HOTM as a nice bonus. If this is what they’re doing then they’re smarter than me, because I hadn’t thought of this until now.

2 Likes

I like the idea of an online indicator. If folks are worried about stressing out everyone too much, perhaps limiting it to a promotion tier like co-leader would be the best compromise.

If someone’s causing tensions with the feature and won’t stop doing it, you probably don’t need them to be co-leader at that point and can simply demote them.

1 Like

I’m excited to see the October-December monthlies, and I really wasn’t expecting them to come until Beta 32! Have they ever come so far in advance? Are they really coming within a week or two? They must have hit the gas on their HotM testing after that recent
 event!

Someone has already leaked cards of new Valhalla heroes in a Polish E&P Facebook group. Is there a way to report it? Tbh they do it regularly and it makes me mad.

Damn bosslady, now I can’t lurk without saying hi. Not that I’ve ever done it

1 Like

What’s the link? :grinning:

Why would you?

Yes, sharing beta pics is not allowed and the person can be banned from beta; but what’s the point in reporting?

Live and let live

Sorry for being off-topic

Very funny. I warned them that it breaks the beta rules and may result in bans, they responded angrily and accused me of “ruining their fun”.

1 Like