đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (v30) – Hero Balance Updates; Updated Alchemy Lab; Hero Academy; Updated Sand Empire Seasonal Event; Updated Path of Valor; New Season 3 Heroes; Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep HOTM – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

My exact reaction. If HA was never meant to solve the problem of dupes, what the heck was it supposed to do?!?!

I’m going to build it up to level 10 anyway, because RNG is a pain and still hasn’t given me any legendary greens, so it will have some medium term use for me, but holy cow that’s an expensive way to get it done, and probably just to get Horghall, at that. And by the time I build and finish a training with the stupid thing, TC 20 may have already solved the problem cheaper and quicker. Ugh.

8 Likes

Wow. As mentioned by others, this is an amazingly insulting statement, couched in the appearance of reconciliation. Frankly I’m astonished that you think this will appease the growing discontent in the game community. Empires and Puzzles is billed as a puzzle game; do you really think so little of us that we wouldn’t be able to work our way through a little obfuscatory language?

So, let’s cut through the attempts to divert the issue, and the empty rhetoric, and address what you actually said. Yes, this version of the Hero Academy is a clear boondoggle that does little to nothing to address the specific problem it was originally designed to fix; thank you for acknowledging that. The community would appreciate you continuing to work the problem, and not dodge around making vague statements that any secondary schooler can tell are attempts to blow smoke up our rear ends.

20 Likes

I think what probably should be said here is, this is the version we’re releasing just like we did with the AL. There will be changes in due time considering we need more “real EnP world” data.

Yes, it is useful but there are a few levels that need to be relooked at. @yelnats_24 posted some telling mathematics on this and some of the other levels.

I have a feeling that this building will alienate more of your spenders than encourage them to continue on

Your free players will get to the apex in about the same amount of time it took Forrest Gump to run across America 3 times

4 Likes

Ok fine you dont want HA to be the solution to dupes. Fair enough
then you should increase roster capacity of all by at least 5 or 10 slots, or increase slots gained by leveling and add those in accordingly, so that we can hold all these dupes until ou come up with a solution DOWN THE ROAD

10 Likes

Lolol so we wait a year for hero academy as a way to appropriately deal with duplicate heroes and now SG says HA doesn’t do this but gives a vague indication that this issue may instead be solved later if we keep waiting. Cool cool cool.

8 Likes

Two thoughts on this:

First, if the SG expectation is that only “a very small group of players” are going to benefit from HA then it really should be an end game reward and be much more productive.

Secondly, HA was teased a YEAR AND A HALF ago, it was supposed to be a 2019 feature and here we are half way through 2020 before we finally get it and even then it’s falling short of what most forum members want. Now SG says wait for “some point down the line” to get a use for the duplicate heroes some players have been hanging on to for literally multiple years.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice
 I don’t think so.

14 Likes

I am going to eat my dupe 3* and 4* heroes, dupe 5*s are going to be 3/70 except horghall, khagan and quintos they will be fuel to HA10.Secondary joon, lianna, sartana and marjana would be nice.
Good deal.
Cool cool cool

2 Likes

Imo a recent post summarized pretty well the ideas and feelings of several players (mine for sure) and it has become even more up to date after SGG comment on the usefulness of HA (I hope the link works)

3 Likes

Like always everything is based on what you believe. Well good luck and making another game because this one is almost dead and you’ve lost the chance of changing it. Greedy until the end.

5 Likes

Community before HA are we survive in game ? Yes of course , after HA, yes definitely. Then y all taking this HA as a serious , let it be happened. be cool all .

They’re treating us like clowns for 2 years and now came up with that building. Older players cannot hold that much sometimes.

5 Likes

Seems easy to fix some of the strife in the community.

Step 1: move the odds of non season 1 hero in final level of HA to 10%. That won’t break the game of SGG, and can in fact be an opportunity for them. Could allow a reroll of the resulting hero for a small amount of gems (say 100) which goes up by double each successive reroll.

Step 2: add a “retire” button to each hero. Retiring a hero has a 50% of giving it’s highest, nonfarmable, color-specific assention material (for 4 and 5 star heroes). Lower heroes would give back multiple farmable assertion mats, or maybe you only allow 4 and 5 stars to retire. The other 50% would be emblems of that hero’s base class with the amount depending on rarity level of hero.

Did you retire a leveled up hero? If so, you get back 50% of the assention mats used to level him/her. SGG needs to grab cash
i get it. So, much like alkashard boosts, you can choose to boost your output by paying gems.

I am sure there are issues with an approach like this, but my point is that there is zero reason for some kind of a retire mechanism to take the devs another 2 years to figure out, and we all know it! They owe us all much better than this!

4 Likes

Honestly this is stand up comedy now

Hey guys we are going to give you a building to swap your duplicate heroes

(Waits 18 months)

Hey guys, remember how we are giving you that building? We are, but it doesn’t do what we said! And now we might do something else to do that, but no promises!

(Crowd boos and throws rotten fruit)

Wow, tough crowd tonight!

12 Likes

And here is the part of the AMA from over a year ago just to underpin the timelines and what was teased

1. Are there plans to add heroes (maybe Season 2 heroes once Season 3 has begun?) to TC13/TC20? Some elements have so few.

So lots of things at once in this question.

Something that’s going to happen, one of the big things we’re working on that’s related to this. There is going to be before Christmas, what we’re calling a Stronghold Upgrade. Some new buildings will be added this year, hopefully in beta sooner rather than later. There will be a new Training Camp or upgrade to TC; I’m pretty sure that once it goes to beta we’ll get so much feedback about what you get out of the training camp, but the upgrade is intended to address some of the original question. Some earlier Heroes of the Month could be theoretically possible to get through the new training camp options; that’s more likely than us doing anything with Season 2 heroes [in the TC]. We’ll be adding some options along the way, so you’ll be able to train a bit more than you can today.

A lot could change in beta. I can promise that there will be a new building for training, a new option for training, and we definitely will work through what new options will be included.

At the moment, you can currently get troops through there as well. It’s pretty cool, this training part of the new training building. At the moment there’s interesting things coming from there. I want to get this into beta; at the moment we’re calling it the “Advanced Training Camp”. Hoping for release in beta in the next few months — probably before summer — and we’ll see from that just how far we can go.

1. Do you think Summoning is the best possible game design approach to acquiring heroes, or would you consider other approaches like converting existing heroes into a new one, collecting shards for a hero, or earning increased or guaranteed odds for a good hero?

Summoning has covered a lot of the bases so far, but let’s again go to the massive building upgrades.

The TC might actually do something like this; can’t really go into specific but for example converting existing heroes into new heroes. That might be part of the new Training Camp. The new TC will be in beta in a couple of months, and just at the moment the last option is converting, or having a chance of converting, heroes.

Shards are really cool idea, but no plans for that in current design but that’s not out of the question for the future, because that would tie really nicely into some feature really far in the future.

3 Likes

Come on guys! You are better then this.

Assuming the purpose is what you post, than why did it take almost 600 days to initiate it?

After such a long time for preparation this is not the explanation that we want, sorry.

5 Likes

Wish I could believe you but unfortunately I find it very difficult given SGGs track record and low credibility. Current situation isn’t a professional look. When your own beta testers morale is flagging and you backtrack from “Advanced Training Camp will solve surplus hero problem” to “No it won’t, but we will develop something that will”, rest of us are going to think y’all don’t have your ducks in a row. I don’t mean any offense by that and just wanted to share my perspective.

From AMA it appeared that trading was shelved because this was touted as silver bullet that will solve majority of the concerns around exchanges. Is this a new silver bullet that will push out trading?

4 Likes

After 600 days, this is the famed FTP friendly BS you’re putting up???

YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!!

YOU DIDN’T READ ‘ALL’ OF THE FEEDBACK. YOU DID NOT!!!

5 Likes

If they did, which i can believe to be true its even worse because it means that they know they did not fulfill their 2 year old promise, and they also know from our feedback that we know they did not fulfill it but they simply dont care about the playerbase at all so they chose to ignore it.

4 Likes

My interpretation is different, I think they read and digested all feedback and reached the conclusion that these advanced buildings are going nowhere and misguided. Might as well release it as is, wash hands off it and free up development time.

Development time for what? More portals maybe? Because thats the only thing that gets done in time even if nobody asks for it. They made a promise almost 2 years ago, delayed it as long as they could, made it basically useless and they just say “ok, we screwed up” and do literally nothing about it? Admitting that they made a huge, i mean HUGE mistake (and im quite benevolent here using the term mistake and not the term lie or scam) and actually fixing it are two whole different things. And they clearly dont want to fix it.

6 Likes