đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (v30) – Hero Balance Updates; Updated Alchemy Lab; Hero Academy; Updated Sand Empire Seasonal Event; Updated Path of Valor; New Season 3 Heroes; Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep HOTM – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

Are they any updates to AL and HA?

No, they’re not included in this round of Beta.

1 Like

I guess all the people crying about Telluria really scared the pants off of SG this time. It’s kind of hilarious when I think about how the SG stuff must have been reacting. Almost makes me feel sympathetic to them rather than pissed off.

1 Like

I’m not going to post in each individual HOTM’s thread, but I really like that this new batch is not vastly, manifestly overpowered (see original JF, Telluria, and arguably Clarissa builds).

It feels to me like SGG might be properly chastened and more cautious following the Telluria re-balancing debacle.

I skimmed the threads and many are complaining that these HOTM’s are underwhelming. That may be, but the alternative is power creep, which I believe would be far worse. It’s a tricky balancing act and one that I think too many (myself included) don’t take sufficiently into account in our comments. That SGG must tread a path between these different factors must be difficult.

I guess I’ll wait and see what changes are made to these builds and in the meantime attempt to be more patient with SGG and more understanding of the challenges they’re facing.

Meanwhile, @zephyr1, you continue to be incredible. If we had forum sabermetrics I suspect your work rate would be ridiculously head and shoulders above everyone else’s. It’d also be pretty funny to see a heat map of your forum activity. I get the impression that some are almost blaming you personally for these HOTM builds, which is risible. I hope it’s not bothering you. Know that there are many who very genuinely appreciate all the work you do for us.

32 Likes

Agreed. Personally I often wonder how the mods put up with the nonsense that goes on here regularly now. Kind of kills the fun of being able to talk about the game and new developments. Just crazy to me that people see the initial beta heros and it’s like they suddenly forget that changes are made literally every single time. There aren’t many examples of the initial beta version being the final version rolled out.

2 Likes

Beta Update

The ROUND 3 Legendary Season 3 Heroes have returned to Beta, with some updates, the most notable of which is that Salmon Loki has been renamed to Bera, and the artwork has been replaced.

Full details here:

=> đŸ§Ș Early Information on ROUND 3 Legendary Season 3 Heroes (Lady Loki, Bera, Frigg) [Part of The Beta Beat V29 & V30] - #112 by zephyr1

5 Likes

Beta Update

The new Sand Empire Hero, Roc, has returned to Beta with some balance updates.

Full details here:

=> đŸ§Ș Early Information on New Sand Empire Hero & Family [Part of The Beta Beat v30] - #121 by zephyr1

4 Likes

@zephyr1 are we going to see second iteration of HA? What’s your final opinion about summon chances mate

At some point, yes. They’re still discussing the feedback.

The same as before: :poop:

5 Likes

Out of curiosity, How long does a round of beta last for?

#showowlsomeslowlove

Sorry. Couldn’t resist :wink:

1 Like

It depends what’s being tested, and what day of the week it is, but 1-5 days between updates is pretty typical.

Tomorrow is a holiday in Finland, so I don’t expect an update before Friday at earliest.

3 Likes

Well I know who the next batch of monthlies are, so I can rest now :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you!

1 Like

Is that the July HotM? What is his use as tank if the attacker do not even use minion?

Was Sarcasm

Maybe they’ll fix her
 By now She seems very poor
 (Great Minions, ok, but nothing else)

1 Like

I suppose there are still no information about this, right ?

Thanks @zephyr1, have no idea why I was thinking v25 for.

My question is to do with the new update coming up with the Academy Lad.

Is there thought given into adding a new Advanced Mine. With this sh24 we just got the mines are just not keeping up with crafting and building.

As my main acc already had every building completed I am now currently on 3rd level Advance iron storage atm and 2nd Advance food storage from sh24 but finding now can only do one or the other as the iron takes about 3 to 4 days to reach the 3rd lot of advanced requirements.

And then there’s the crafting of battle items both in normal and Hunter lodge
 Al up there is a hell of a lot of iron required for just 4 mines.

Just wondering.

Cheers

Small Giant hasn’t given any indication they’re considering adding more buildings to unlock with Stronghold 25.

I can say, while upgrading buildings will take many months, it will eventually end — so the demands for Iron will eventually be reduced.

It seems to be the intention of the game designers to create a period of resource management constraints, which further delay the ability to use Alchemy Lab or Hero Academy. Likewise, players will need to decide whether to use limited Food toward Heroes, Troops, Crafting, Alchemy Lab, Hero Academy, etc.

2 Likes

Path of Valor was initially not working properly in this latest Beta release, but now appears to be functioning.

There are new Daily and Valor Challenges in the rotation, but the Rewards have not been updated yet.

I’m capturing a list of some of the Daily Challenges as they rotate in Beta, and will publish a sampling of them in a new thread in in the coming days, once I have more than a few to report on.

4 Likes

Has there been any beta feedback to SG requesting some benefit for excess valor points once you hit tier 50?

Even something small like 150 points= 15k food. Seems like a waste now for those that finish POV early.

2 Likes