🧪 The Beta Beat (v29) – ROUND 2 Costumes, Tavern of Legends, May/June HOTM, ROUND 3 Legendary Season 3 Heroes, NEW Rare & Epic Season 3 Heroes, Season 3 Niflheim Provinces – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

ROUND 2 Costumes

Discussion thread: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 2 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v29]

please see above thread for all info and discussion

Tavern of Legends

Discussion thread: 🧪 Early Information on Tavern of Legends Event [Part of The Beta Beat v29]

Stronghold 24

Stronghold 24 and its associated buildings, Advanced Farm, Advanced Iron Storage, and Advanced Food Storage has been unlocked in Beta as of April 8th.

please discuss this in this thread

NEW Rare & Epic Season 3 Heroes

Discussion thread: 🧪 Early Information on NEW Rare & Epic Season 3 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat V29]

Round 3 Season 3 Heroes

Discussion thread: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 3 Legendary Season 3 Heroes (Lady Loki, Bera, Frigg) [Part of The Beta Beat V29 & V30]

Season 3 Niflheim Provinces

New Provinces have been added to Beta for the next round of Season 3, with new Elite Enemies, and a new Stage Property, like in the other Realms.

please discuss this in this thread

April, May and June HOTM

Discussion threads:

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Is hero academy also released in beta?

Nope

#appeasetheHAgods

2 Likes

I found some pics…it is in beta

Possibly pics were from accidental leak last time?

@Guvnor had said no so I’m apt to believe him

1 Like

It’s not in Beta this time.

It was mistakenly in Beta briefly during a release two weeks ago, but was removed after a few minutes.

2 Likes

Ok,thanks…but they are working something about academy…that is good

2 Likes

@zephyr1 - Is this supposed to have the subject: Beat Beat v29 (instead of v28?)

2 Likes

Yes, forgot to update it when I pasted from the previous version.

That’s fixed now, thanks! :heart_decoration:

1 Like

So… v29 beta is still running? With no additions and no end in sight, and no planned future betas in sight?

Beta is currently closed as of yesterday, and I don’t know what the plan is for the next round of testing.

4 Likes

Thanks @zephyr1 for keeping us up to date about what is happening in Beta :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome! I normally post updates when Beta closes, but I actually missed the notice about that yesterday while farming AR. :grimacing:

5 Likes

Beta Update

Beta has reopened, with two additions:

11 Likes

thanks @zephyr1!!! Looks exciting (without actually looking at what it is yet!)

1 Like

good news! how much iron is required to upgrade?

Stronghold 24 requires 2545k Iron to upgrade in the current Beta.

The upgrade time is 11 days, 5 hours.

The skip cost is 6440 Gems.

6 Likes

Sooo… I’m guessing, this means July/august HoTMs are probably not in the works for the next couple of weeks? :frowning:

Hard to say, but they’re unlikely to be tested this week, at least.

1 Like

“Beta has reopened, with two additions:
Stronghold 24 and its associated buildings, Advanced Farm, Advanced Iron Storage, and Advanced Food Storage has been unlocked”

So we will not able to convert an additional Advanced House or Advanced Mine?