🧪 The Beta Beat (v27) – Season 3 Heroes, Provinces & Gameplay, Valhalla Summon Portal; Mar/Apr HOTM – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

No, but my guess is we’re still a while away, based on what we’ve seen in Beta so far.

The animations for this new round of heroes aren’t finished yet, which seems like a bit of an indicator that there’s some development time left.

We also will likely see a second round of testing of the first group of Season 3 Heroes before release.

There may also be some testing of Season 3 content — so far all we’ve seen are the Heroes.

Nothing yet.

Beta just reopened a couple hours ago, and the new Season 3 Heroes are all that’s in this current testing cycle.

It’s typical that each testing cycle has one content focus, at least until a release is imminent, so we’ll likely see other new content come to Beta in the coming weeks.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: :test_tube: Early Information on Season 3 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat V26 & V27]

Thanks! I didn’t know that Beta ran in cycles; that explains why the Beta-beats are numbered (I had assumed it was just when you decided that enough had changed that you needed to start a new thread). I look forward to seeing this thread grow.

1 Like

It’s actually even a little more convoluted than that.

The Beta Beat numbering is based on the Version Number that Small Giant assigns to the app. I group everything into a Beta Beat around that Version, and create a new thread like this one for each app Version.

Separately from that, I create a thread for each group of content, e.g. the Season 3 Heroes.

It’s also common that there are multiple testing cycles for both each Version, and for each piece of content…and they don’t always really align, which is part of why I separate the threads. A lot of testing of a particular chunk of content will end up spanning multiple Versions in testing, like Path of Valor spanning 25 and 26, and Season 3 spanning 26 and 27.

Eventually, when something is finally ready for release to the live game, the last Version it was tested in during Beta will also match the live game release number — like Path of Valor releasing in Version 26.

tl;dr

There’s a “main” Beta Beat thread for each app Version number, and a separate Beta Beat thread for each chunk of new content. And some part of the content tested in any given Version will be part of the next live release, while the rest will continue with further testing.

Agree. But Man… so much patience is required to wait for the hero to reach full mana… at raids it’s worst, unless it has a tank role.

I would be more for power reduction and increased speed. :wink:

Beta Update

Beta has reopened, with the return of the Season 3 Heroes, as well as the introduction of the first Season 3 Provinces and gameplay.

@DaveCozy has offered to update the Season 3 Heroes and the upcoming HOTM threads (Telluria and Malosi) with the balance changes in this Beta, so those will come as he completes them.

In the meantime, I’ve added a new thread for the Season 3 Province & Gameplay (also linked in the top post of this thread for easy reference):

=> 🧪 Early Information on Season 3 Provinces & Gameplay [Part of The Beta Beat V27]

4 Likes

Beta Update

Season 3 Beta 4 is now closed.

Another round of Beta is planned shortly, aiming for as early as later today.

4 Likes

Beta Update

Beta has reopened, with balance changes and additional Season 3 content.

@DaveCozy will be updating the information on Malosi and the Season 3 Heroes accordingly.

4 Likes

Beta Update

Beta is now closed, while a new Build is prepared.

Beta is expected to reopen later today or tomorrow for testing of the updated version.

4 Likes

Beta Update

Beta has reopened, with balance changes to Heroes and several other updates.

The Season 3 Valhalla Summon Portal has also been updated with “fixed” Appearance Rates — as such, I’ve now detailed it here:

=> 🧪 Early Information on Season 3 Valhalla Summon Portal [Part of The Beta Beat V27]

2 Likes

Beta testing has closed this morning.

4 Likes

Official Release Announcement & Notes

9 Likes

The amount of Loot Tickets received from War Loot and Wanted Chests has decreased slightly.

Ah, because they were soooo plentiful what the hell sgg

8 Likes

Doesn’t this give you hope that those amazing suggestions in the “New ascension mats for s3 heroes” thread might be implemented someday too? :rofl:

1 Like

How many days will Valhalla last?

27-02 to ???

2 Likes

That’s one of the things I’m trying to find out.

3 Likes

Plz run into March, plz run into March, Plz run into march.

7 Likes

27-02 a 01-03?

2 Likes

I don’t think we have confirmation yet, right @zephyr1?

1 Like

No, we don’t have confirmation yet.

2 Likes