🧪 The Beta Beat (v25) – Path of Valor, Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar HOTM, Bug Fixes – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

Path of Valor

Discussion thread: 🧪 Early Information on the Path of Valor [Part of the Beta Beat v25 & v26]

please see above thread for all info and discussion

New HOTM (Heroes of the Month)

Discussion Threads:

please see above threads for all info

Bug Fixes & Smaller Changes

• Fixed a bug where defeated minions were still showing in UI.
  • Fixed a bug where enemies using revive talent sometimes turned invisible instead of transparent.
  • Fixed a bug where Marie-Therese’s and Atomos’ special skills didn’t always work correctly due to an issue Stage Property in the final Season 2 stage.
  • Fixed a rare bug where some players didn’t receive Challenge event tier completion rewards.
  • Combining Alkashards doesn’t include Rare Ascension Items that can be received as loot from map stages as an option.
  • The color of the VIP dragon can now be changed to purple if the VIP pass has more than 30 days left. When the VIP pass has less than 30 days left the dragon will turn green.

Discussion thread: please discuss these changes here in this thread

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Thanks @zephyr1
Is there still no indication of the iron storage requirements to build SH24 and 25?
Cheers

2 Likes

I am also interested in this - I hadn’t read up on it, so was surprised when the V24 was forced everywhere and Stronghold 24 was NOT available.

Also, if you know anything about the ‘additional coordinated alliance activities’ comment that was made in the most recent AMA, I’m still very keen on that too!

Thanks, as always, @zephyr1. You’re amazing, but I’m glad SGG got you some help!

5 Likes

SH24 and 25 have still never been in Beta yet, so no indication of that so far.

7 Likes

Nothing in Beta so far has seemed like it addresses that.

5 Likes

I wasn’t aware there was another one! Link?

I wouldn’t exactly call it recent.

That comment was from the March AMA:

4 Likes

Oohhh, gotcha. OK, thanks!
Edit: I imagine they were referring to poons, there.

I’ve always assumed they meant something else:

2 Likes

Hmm, VERY interesting…

1 Like

Thank you zephyr1 for all the infos you share here with us

3 Likes

Thanks for the hard work Zephyr1!

3 Likes

When is this v25 and/or PoV planned to start?

That hasn’t been announced, but there’s been some speculation:

4 Likes

If you think my post has here better visibility for SG please merge.

Sorry but I was not aware of the delete duplicates clause. Thanks for your kindness and locking the post to keep it up there.

Best regards

Elayanith

3 Likes

Beta Update

Beta has reopened with the following updates:

I have updated the top post of this thread accordingly.

3 Likes

Hoooo boy this one would’ve driven me CRAZY if I ran into it in real life.

4 Likes

Not building Alchemy Lab to begin with is the safest way to avoid that. :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

Spit my coffee
:joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Path of Valor isn’t currently being tested?