🧪 The Beta Beat (v24) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: Costumes & New Riddles of Wonderland, Fables of Grimforest, and Guardians of Teltoc Challenge Events, New HOTM

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

Please see the new version of Beta Beat here: 🧪 The Beta Beat (v25) – Path of Valor, Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar HOTM, Bug Fixes – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

Update: Version 24 Has Been Released (Release Notes)

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

For actionable recommendations based on current Beta, please see the “Important Recommendations Based on Current Beta” section below.

Costumes

Discussion thread: :test_tube: Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23 & v24]

please see above thread for all info and discussion

Updated Riddles of Wonderland Challenge Event

Discussion thread: :test_tube: Early Information on Updated Riddles of Wonderland Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V24]

Updated Fables of Grimforest Challenge Event

Discussion thread: :test_tube: Early Information on Updated Fables of Grimforest Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V24]

Updated Guardians of Teltoc Challenge Event

Discussion thread: :test_tube: Early Information on Updated Guardians of Teltoc Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V24]

New HOTM

Discussion Threads:

please see above threads for all info

Important Recommendations Based on Current Beta

Costumes Are Still In a Very Early Version

The Small Giant Staff have indicated that Costumes are currently still in an early version, and everything is subject to change.

It’s also clear from actual Beta testing of the Costumes that the feature is very much still in design and development, and not everything is fully functional.

So my main recommendation is to be even more cautious about planning based on the current Beta information than usual.

For all information and discussion on Costumes, please see its separate thread: :test_tube: Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23 & v24]

The Release Dates for the Updated Riddles of Wonderland, Fables of Grimforest, and Guardians of Teltoc Challenge Events Have Not Been Announced

There isn’t yet a planned date for release for the new versions of these Challenge Events, though it has been announced that Pirates of Corellia will be in October.

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Beta Update

Testing for the second version of Costumes has now ended.

I’ll update this thread when the next round of Beta opens.

3 Likes

Beta Update

An updated version of the Riddles of Wonderland Challenge Event has started Beta testing.

For more information, please see: :test_tube: Early Information on Updated Riddles of Wonderland Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V24]

I’ve also added the link to that thread in the top post for easy reference.

3 Likes

@zephyr1: can you confirm that the Avalon heroes kept their Family bonus past their respective Challenge?

Yes, as in past Betas, the Family Bonuses are still active on the Knights of Avalon Heroes even when a different Challenge Event is active in Beta.

2 Likes

Beta Update

The current round of Beta testing for the updated Riddles of Wonderland Challenge Event has now ended.

Beta testing for the updated Fables of Grimforest Challenge Event is planned for later this week.

4 Likes

Beta Update

Beta testing for the updated Fables of Grimforest Challenge Event has now begun.

=> 🧪 Early Information on Updated Fables of Grimforest Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V24]

2 Likes

Re: Hero Academy

I see a lot of speculation in various threads about what Hero Academy will do, but what I really wanna know is WHEN will it arrive?

1 Like

Beta Update

Beta testing for the updated Guardians of Teltoc Challenge Event has now begun.

=> :test_tube: Early Information on Updated Guardians of Teltoc Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V24]

2 Likes

Hi @zephyr1
Do we know the iron storage requirement for building SH24 and SH25 yet?
I looked hard, but couldn’t find it anywhere.
Just trying to plan my building schedule.
I suspect upgrading second advanced iron store to max will be a priority.

Many thanks in advance - and extra thanks for all you do here. Awesome.

1 Like

No, they’ve never been in Beta yet.

I expect they’re probably coming soonish, though, since we’re at the end of new Challenge Events.

Once they enter Beta, I’ll be sure to post the upgrade info.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Turnbeutelvergesser thinks this is the worst game ever

I hope that’s true! Even if Hero Academy stays in beta for a long time, I’d just like an idea of what they are thinking for it…

3 Likes

Hi evryone!
I am wondering if in future updates the players will receive any experience from raids…

Hi @GriMax, welcome to the Forum!

Having XP generated for Raids hasn’t been tested in Beta, but there’s a thread in Ideas & Feature Requests you can comment and vote on for that idea:

2 Likes

Beta Update

Beta testing for Guardians of Teltoc has now closed.

I’ll post an update when Beta reopens again for a new round of testing. Likely candidates for upcoming testing are an additional round of the Challenge Events, upcoming HOTM, or Costumes; or possibly a first round of testing of SH24/25 and Hero Academy.

3 Likes

Good morning, hero’s gym is to change the costumes, clothes of the heroes only?

Where can I get a discussion about Hero Academy?

Hero Academy hasn’t been in Beta yet.

Once it is, I’ll make a thread for it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, what would be the costumes and clothes of the heroes? it’s related hero gym or other building, I’m lost