šŸ§Ŗ The Beta Beat (v23) [NOW RELEASED] ā€“ Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: Stronghold 22/23 & Alchemy Lab, New Challenge Event Heroes, New Knights of Avalon & Pirates of Corellia Challenge Events, Costumes, November/December HOTM

Lol this is so ridiculous . I was expected to convert some 3* stars unfarmebel mats into 4* and this the right direction. But now I will have to wait until I get some 4* (which I will use on one of my hero) and after this to exchange this so hard found material for maybe worse one and up of all I have to pay for this 300 gems. This itā€™s not good and maybe itā€™s time to looking for new game wher I will give my money.

2 Likes

Iā€™m really upset about the gem thing, too. I am a moderate spender, but I still would never do this. Iā€™d rather save my gems for summonsā€¦ that said, this is only the first iteration of this building in Beta. Raid tournaments started out with a gem fee to enter which was removed. So, hopefully they listen to beta testers and the forum members. The building could still turn out right.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not only for the gems. If I have to give 4* mats to get another one I dont like this idea.

3 Likes

I thought @zephyr1 mentioned there was an option to convert up in rarity?

Your Meta Analysis is spot on @Gryphonknight, half of the currency in this game is worthless and I figured this Alchemy Lab would be a way to convert useless items to useful items.

Maybe this fiasco is just highlighting the need for SGG to overhaul the economy so that we donā€™t have useless items and every item has a purpose ie: more items == feeders or more items == troops or more items can be used to craft items (utilize herbs in Tornados or something)

4 Likes

EDIT: I guess you can get a higher rarity on AL9. I just havenā€™t gotten any in many chances

Okay, so on AL9 you can put in a battle manual, food, gems and theoretically get trap tools and a royal tabard?(highly unlikely, Iā€™m sure).

AL10: you put in a tome of tactics, food, gems and could get back two telescopes?

Yes, those are possible outcomes.

From that, if they drop the gem cost, Iā€™d be all for this.

1 Like

I mean, I thought this Alchemy Lab was supposed to BE the fix for the game economy! LOL. If we canā€™t convert Training Manuals into something useful for a reasonable cost, then whatā€™s the point?

7 Likes

I had played a game (I will not mention a name) for about 5 years and I have thrown over 10k euros but when they started with the ridicules updates I left it and as I look and here will be the same, and I liked E&P when I started before one year but now ā€¦

2 Likes

On level 9, you put in 12 3* items 200 gems and a bunch of food to get either a 3* or a 4*. Itā€™s too early to judge what percent are 4*. One player in beta did 10 of these conversions and got one Damascus Blade.

1 Like

Any 3* work? Including tall boots and battle manual? If they get rid of the gem requirement, I do think this would be really good.

1 Like

Yes, the example I saw used boots.

Wow, that one sounds like itā€™s actually worth spending gems on then. I mean, 200 is way too many, butā€¦

Wow, 2000 gems and 120 3* items to get a damascus blade. I donā€™t see myself using that recipe tbh.

6 Likes

1 Damascus blade and 9 3* unfarmable materials for 120 items and 2000 gems. Make it the other way around(2k items and 120 gems) and youā€™ve got a deal for sure.

3 Likes

I really canā€™t get passed the gem cost. One of the aspects that made this game fair for F2P and P2P is that you really couldnā€™t buy ascension materials. You could buy a couple, but for the most part, we are all in the same boat. I donā€™t like ascension materials switching to P2P friendly that way. I am a moderate spender, but I donā€™t see myself spending on thisā€¦

6 Likes

And to think I expected something like a simple random convert with a lengthy wait time.
I honestly thought this building would be something like ā€œhey, youā€™ve played for 2 years already, weā€™ll give you a chance to slowly convert some stuff you got more of into random stuff of the same rarityā€.

Something like:
3* ascension mat + resources + lengthy wait time = random 3* ascension mat
4* ascension mat + resources + lengthy wait time = random 4* ascension mat

Which, while not guaranteeing to do it in short time, would let you convert mats you are overflowing with into other mats of the same rarity.

But spending loads of gems on a random re-roll? And usually getting less mats, too? Iā€™m not even going to comment on that idea.

14 Likes

To be clear, I would absolutely pay 2k gems for 1 4* and 9 3* unfarmable ascension materials