đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (v23) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: Stronghold 22/23 & Alchemy Lab, New Challenge Event Heroes, New Knights of Avalon & Pirates of Corellia Challenge Events, Costumes, November/December HOTM

1 Like

If I build Hero Academy and Alchemy Lab, in addition to my Barracks and Lodge, I will place Hero Academy over my third Forge. And move Alchemy Lab from my third Forge to a Farm Level 20 ( see below for math ).

But currently I do not plan to build Alchemy Lab at all, so I will not need to find a place for a fourth, type R, Advanced building.

Type L are equivalent to Level 21.
Type R are replacement buildings.

1 Like

What is really annoying, I can’t convert adv building to forge if both my builders are busy. And upgrading advanced buildings take days.
It would be nice to pause construction to temporarily release a builder just to convert building, or allow conversion between already constructed buildings without builder.

6 Likes

Yesterday I began to play DSP too
 There, the cost of a food or iron refill is dozens of gems, not thousands. The cost here is ridiculous. It’s not a game as captivating as E&P, even if are almost identical, still, they did some smart things in the base. Like you can upgrade a TC or do a research even if the TC is running in the same time. SG could learn something from them

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: :test_tube: Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23]

Beta Update

The first version of Costumes has been released to Beta, which is the new name for what was originally shown in the 2019 Sneak Peak as Skins.

This feature is extensive, and extremely likely to change.

It will take me some time to write up full explanations of how it works currently, and all of the Costumes in Beta. In the meantime, I’ve created a thread with initial information and discussion:

=> đŸ§Ș Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23, v24 & v25]

2 Likes

So let me see if i am right

1 - They have tested Alchemy lab → Submitted for correction of errors and improvements

2 - They have tested new event heroes → Submitted for correction of errors and improvements

3 - They’re now testing Customs → they’ll go for correction of errors and improvements

Wow
 thats a lot of things the’re working on 
 i would expect some off thoose along with hero academy to come again for new testing soon.

Probably some releases only for september/october right?

5 Likes

Yeah, plus I think they’re also working on Season 3 and Hero Academy somewhere in the mix.

So there’s a ton being worked on, and much of it definitely won’t be released for a while.

8 Likes

I dont know. This remeinds me of the early Everquest game which was very interesting and quite challenging to play. Then they dumbed it down and made it easyer and easyer to play, to please the crowd, until it got quite boring and became run of the mill.

1 Like

I’m not talking about making this game easier. But some things are ridiculous and SG doesn’t bother to implement a few basic features. We don’t even have on the screen the number of the current stage in missions, from 1 to 5. Simple as it is, would be very helpful for most of the players. But this, about the cost of food and iron, it’s most ridiculous thing. The only thing we can expect from SG, it is the indifference. Don’t make the mistake to think that the new things added are for the players. It’s for their pockets.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: :test_tube: Early Information on the new Challenge Event Heroes (Pirates of Corellia, Fables of Grimforest, Guardians of Teltoc, Knights of Avalon, and Wonderland) [Part of The Beta Beat v23]

What if you could guarantee certain mats via different combinations of characters at certain levels? The characters become a key of sorts to guarantee or increase the odds of producing X. You could even generate a unique and specific Alchemy Lab set of characters and have a few of them TC20 eligible, too. The Alchemy characters link with each other and/or others to open up a possibility or increased odds at receiving X. You could even run it like a challenge event. Beat three bosses with these 5 characters and you unlock the alchemistic ability to create_______. People would grind and/or spend to create this kind of key. SG still gets the net positive effect of people playing and players get a carrot that allows them a legit and inexpensive shot at the carrot they want.

I wouldn’t be opposed to alchemy lab operating with special events that allow making a certain number of non-farmable 3* or 4* materials once a month (almost like a monthly event period). You get to choose from a list of rare materials only during that period. Keeping to the theme of the game, think of it like being able to do create a special ascension material during the full moon! :full_moon_with_face:

5 Likes

I would probably faint if I had to do said maths of my own spending. And we are a low income family. It’s true when they say it’s exactly like gambling!

Do you know when you will post at least level 1 transmutation materials and results. Do the put the probabilities of getting AM like when summoning heroes?
I suppose that if it cost gems, they have to show the numbers

They didn’t show probabilities in the first version, much like Training Camps don’t, I suppose.

As it’s very clear Alchemy Lab is undergoing a major overhaul, I’m not planning to post the outdated information from the first version.

I’ll post full information on whatever is released as a second version when it returns to Beta. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Training camp doesn’t cost gems.
I think that when it cost gems they show the probabilities. Maybe not in beta, but in the release version yes.

I meant in the same way that rushing a Training Camp with gems doesn’t show outcome probabilities.

1 Like

Did the developer indicate it will be major?

1 Like

They didn’t use that word, but did indicate that it would be undergoing “necessary changes,” and that they were removing it from Beta and moving on to testing other new functionality while those were completed.

That was 3 weeks ago.

My interpretation is that their approach of removing it from Beta, moving on to testing other items, and the duration of time since are indications that the changes aren’t just minor tweaks like adjusting item costs.

But it’s just my interpretation.

8 Likes