đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (v23) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: Stronghold 22/23 & Alchemy Lab, New Challenge Event Heroes, New Knights of Avalon & Pirates of Corellia Challenge Events, Costumes, November/December HOTM

I can’t believe I read the whole thing. Had this page up on my computer for like three whole days.

Why? Just so I could see that others were having the same thoughts, I guess

:woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

That sounds like sunk cost fallacy (Google the phrase and you’ll find good explanation, research and analysis on this). IMO, don’t spend money/time moment you start feeling you aren’t getting value out of it. If you are feeling obliged to follow it through because you initially put lot of money/time, then that’s not a path filled with personal satisfaction and only is bound to get worse.

I am not sure if people on this forum engage each other about these issues and discuss them in healthy manner or not, but sometimes it’s healthier to quit and it’s important to know when.

I apologise for derailing topic. Back to beta talk, don’t like current version and for me would be a feature that exists that never gets used.

7 Likes

Blockquote

I also realize it may be hard to understand that people may have friends that they have made within a game that they would like to continue to play with.

What is inexplicable to me is when a company volunteer can only fall back on “if you don’t like what we do then fark off”. You know
 Because trying to chase off customers is a great business strategy donchaknow.

So. Would you like to try to personal attack me again?

1 Like

I’m usually very critical. But they really are tackling a lot and these ideas did come from players. So they are listening. I’m interested to see how it turns out.

7 Likes

I’d wager a guess that it’s called addiction

Doing something that you like but don’t like at the same time

2 Likes

Beta Update

A new version of Beta has been released with an updated version of the Knights of Avalon Challenge Event.

This is a radical overhaul of the Event, including:

• 15 new stages for each difficulty

• New rewards (they’re still currently based on numerical ranking, not percentage, but the ranks are notably expanded, and the loot in them is notably improved); the Completion Rewards are also updated and contain notably more Emblems

• New heroes added, including a new 3* Hero and the 5* heroes we’ve seen before in Beta (Lancelot, Arthur, and Guinevere remain as well)

• Challenge Event Coins that can be earned from “Suspicious Chests” that appear at random in Event Stages, and can be used for Summoning in the Challenge Event; they’re also awarded in the Event Completion Loot for each Tier

Given the size of this update, I’m going to make a new separate Beta Beat thread specifically for the Knights of Avalon Challenge Event, and will begin providing details.

This Beta was released 15 minutes ago, so please be patient as details will be forthcoming. :slight_smile:

Update: new thread is live: đŸ§Ș Early Information on New Knights of Avalon Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V23]

23 Likes

Thank you zephyr to you and all the beta x the free work you do

6 Likes

Even without details it looks a lot more promising than Alchemy lab update. It will give me the reason to spend energy on challege events! great! Also coins is good for f2p. Great! do not forget to add some “event coins deal” like atlantis!

6 Likes

The loot increase is insane
people will either be thrilled (if they can get it) or outraged (if they view it as only a benefit for the top). I can’t even explain how much better it is.

6 Likes

You forgot SGG’s trademark in your update.
Fixed it for you :rofl:

Joking aside, it is good to know that they are working on increasing the difficulty

Are they planning on making even the compass to gloves event completion rewards? I mean, there is on’y 1 event rewarding gloves right now.

Thanks for your great work @zephyr1

4 Likes

May be silly question
 but, still no 4* mats in completion awards, I guess?

1 Like

thank you for the information and efforts zephyr. Do you know if the changes are planned to be productive next month for Avalon?

1 Like

You’re welcome!

From one of the other Beta Beat threads where someone just asked:

And the original announcement from 6 weeks ago:

2 Likes

What a nice surprise. Really appreciate

6 Likes

Since this is a critical bug test Beta, they close it when they have the server logs the need and open it when a new build is ready by one of the Devs.

It reminds me of retail sales. You have an idea when there will be a lull, and when a crush, but any one day has unexpected lulls and crushes.

3 Likes

Correct, but there are more 4* items available to more people with the increased loot tiers.

3 Likes

New Knights of Avalon Challenge Event

=> Click Here for :test_tube: Early Information on New Knights of Avalon Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V23]

9 Likes

Now that sounds pretty good.

3 Likes

Are there other heroes added for testing, or just the Avalon ones got updates?

2 Likes

Only the Avalon heroes are currently being tested, and they only gave us the new ones to test.

5 Likes