šŸ§Ŗ The Beta Beat (v23) [NOW RELEASED] ā€“ Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: Stronghold 22/23 & Alchemy Lab, New Challenge Event Heroes, New Knights of Avalon & Pirates of Corellia Challenge Events, Costumes, November/December HOTM

Before going any further, SG needs to be clear what the labs are all about. Are they for:

1. Smoothing out the RNG when players get far too much of something?; or
  2. Giving players exactly what they need to ascend heroes?
  3. Or a bit of both?

I hope itā€™s more #1 than #2. Actually, if you only did #1, it would be satisfactory.

Just some thoughts as I read this:

• We should be able to transmute unfarmable 3* and 4* ascension mats into mats of the same kind, WITHOUT gems, just time. I think the results should be random. This is just a service to the average player that through RNG, got too much of one thing and not enough of another. I know, Iā€™m that player, Iā€™ve been playing for 7 months and some of the RNG is crazy, for troops I had something happen that only had a 0.00002% probability, and yeah some help to smooth out that RNG would be great! Again, this needs to be free, even if it takes a long time. This addresses the concerns of #1.
  • When the results are random, they cannot be the original material you are transmuting.
  • We could transmute farmable 3* mats or 4* mats into unfarmable 3*/4* mats, but I donā€™t think this is necessary. Itā€™s not really important to do something with our farmable mats. If SG wants to do this, it should takes lots of gems, farmable mats, and especially time. They have to be careful that the amount of time and gems is sufficient, so the game does not become too pay to win.
  • If the player gets to pick the resultant item they get from the lab, it should be a level 10 research ability, and the wait time should be 5+ times longer in the alchemy lab compared to a normal transmute. Possibly even a month or longer. If they get to pick, there has to be a substantial time cost.

I think the initial storage requirements for the new buildings are too high. They are so high, basically once you can get one level of research, you are close to having the storage requirements for all of them. Save the high requirements for your ultimate level, not the starting ones. Let us start using the Alchemy Lab or Hero Lab for something, anything, as soon as possible.

1 Like

All I wich for Is, take my 5 arunas here 300 gems and give me Liana.

Going on 6.5 weeks since v22ā€¦

2 Likes

Will we get a heads up on V22? I feel like the SH21 update caught my Alliance off guard and not many of us had enough iron saved to upgrade our SH right away. Maybe I just wasnā€™t paying attention.

1 Like

V22 was released on June 11.

V22.1 has been in Beta most recently, with small bug fixes and new HOTM being tested.

Various forms of V23 have entered and exited Beta, including SH22/23, Alchemy Lab, new Challenge Event heroes, and Costumes. Each of those has been indicated as incomplete and expected to return to Beta at a later date.

When V22 was released, there was a several day period before SH21 and the Advanced Buildings were activated, so everyone had a chance to update first. Itā€™s likely theyā€™ll do that again with SH22/23 and the Alchemy Lab when theyā€™re eventually released.

2 Likes

Just got V22.1 update on both of my devices (Android).

2 Likes

What is in the new update?

Bug fixes and small improvements:

7 Likes

CĆ³mo puede ser una cuenta beta cĆ³mo se hace

Is there currently an active Beta?

This is some of the most useful information Iā€™ve gotten on the forum, so thank you for sharing. I totally understand the concept of beta and that things can change, but it is so helpful to have an idea of where things are going and what to work on. With almost 2 years of playing, Iā€™m invested! With every action at this level so costly, whatever helps me make good choices is happy-making for this girl!!!

2 Likes

No, Beta is currently closed as of yesterday.

Iā€™ll update the Version 23 thread whenever Beta reopens. That often happens end of business in Helsinki on Fridays, but since weā€™re well past that already, I presume itā€™ll be next week at earliest.

6 Likes

I donā€™t even know what to expect from version 23; skins, new challenge events, alchemy lab? They are juggling a ton of projects right now, all while working on Season 3. The quality of life improvements I keep hoping for probably arenā€™t happening :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It would seem to me that the ā€œalchemyā€ formula should be based on the level and of the object. For the simplest materials like taking minor healing potions and converting to regular healing potions should be a straight 10 minor-to-1 regular healing. Or, 10 regular healing potions to 1 potent healing potions. Or, 10 potent healing potions no-to-1 super. The same type of approach can be used for any battle materials. In the class of materials no gems are needed, players can re-balance inventories easily.

For 2* ascension items, can use other 2* items in some predetermined formula. For 3*, you need to put in some quantity of other 3* materials; you identify an item you want and you have a better than average chance on it for added 50 gems or 3* materials you add to the formula (e.g. 20% versus 10% or double whatever it might be). This is how hero special skills work. The more recruits, you add to leveling up the better your chances.

For 4* materials, something similar to my example for 3*. You can try to convert a 4* ascension material to what you want but you have a better chance by adding gems or additional materials to the mix.

When v23 will be added in game?

I have no idea, and since many things have been tested so far under that umbrella, Iā€™m not sure which will actually be in V23.

Beta is currently closed, we might have more insight once it reopens and testing resumes.

2 Likes

I hope to see new chars and new events, and its moving and moving very far, again.

@zephyr1 any clue on when finley will appear in seasonal draws? Since the last pirates was delayed for the new heros i was assuming in a few months from last pirates he would appear.

Its not like they will cancel pirates for ever. That being said i would expect finley to reappear in beta shortly?

To that effect i feel all this talk about finley being over powered and needing nerfed isnt so great.

My two cents is this. As the 5* heros reach max emblems our war scores will drop drastically. We all tested this in beta and even with our 5000 emblems per class we didnt have enough fully emblemā€™d 5*ā€™s to kill all those 4600+ level teams in beta. So to that end i feel like we deserve one hero that will help one more team in wars get one more win.

We are steadily seeing the 6/6 guys in war drop to 5/6 and then 4/6 to the point it will be 2/6 and 3/6. So for that reason im sure hoping finley does not get nerfed.

The current expectation is that the next time Pirates returns itā€™ll be with the new heroes added.

But thereā€™s no announced timeline for when that will be, and itā€™s currently expected that Pirates will be skipped again this month.

2 Likes

If he would hit the game as it is now I would surely lost my tiny trust on E&Pā€™s balance route.

2 Likes