šŸ§Ŗ The Beta Beat (v23) [NOW RELEASED] ā€“ Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: Stronghold 22/23 & Alchemy Lab, New Challenge Event Heroes, New Knights of Avalon & Pirates of Corellia Challenge Events, Costumes, November/December HOTM

If these devs are the same as other greedy devs from other games, the only way they will listen to the community (because they dont care about us, only our money) is if people stop spending money on the game.

In about last 5 days I gained 2 tonics, 1 dart, and 1 rings. How about that? But I was really being upset for the last 3 months. And thenā€¦

3 Likes

Your last 5 days are an extreme outlier though which you probably know already.

4 Likes

The main thing is that even a new player will take around 2 years to upgrade and research the last level of alchemy labā€¦
1 year maybe with vip even that is optimistic and that new player must focus on spending all resouces and upgrade every buiding and researching non stopā€¦
After 2 years the commun thing i observe isā€¦
P2p lack AMs for the great heroes they summonedā€¦
F2p will probably have more AM than good heroes to lvl or worth spending mats onā€¦
So this feature is 100% for p2p players from my povā€¦
I wont spent any resources buiding ALā€¦ maybe in the future if i have some spare iron and no way to spend itā€¦

And mine I gained nothing, whats your point to show off ? Just because you get these doesnt mean everyone does, thats why i think they need to introduce trading in some sort of form and just set a limit to make it fair and its not abused and other restrictions im sure the devs can come up with.

2 Likes

Itā€™s possible. Just showing the odds are there. The items will come to you. Just need pacience ps:edit: I was almost getting out of the game, in 3 month not getting any. Only shields and gloves etc. Iā€™ve plenty of that. And now thy showed up. Just like that. Iā€™m not making the rules.

2 Likes

You are pretty lucky to get 2 tonics quickly like that. That is not at all typical.

2 Likes

Actually, Iā€™d suggest it is typical if you put in the time to play this game daily. Every rare once in a while RNG will smile on you.

It happens like this. It happens when people pull An uber desirable seasonal 5* with a single token. It happens when you get a pair of 5* heroes and three HotM in an Atlantis 10 pull, plus a Damascus Bladeā€¦

All that has happened to various people.

RNG is a fickle goddess but she does lay her warming hand upon you if you give her enough chances.

Typically.

4 Likes

Because its all RNG, a lot of people wont get a lucky few days like yourself even with patience.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s kinda contradictory statement. Playing by law of large numbers and hitting an outlier, isnā€™t how you define a typical event.

Main point is that Alchemy Lab remains canā€™t be used meaningfully. Is there a different way to get mats now? Sure. Are there better alternatives to it? Yes.

Havenā€™t done math on it, but my intuition says skipping for elemental chests would be better choice instead.

7 Likes

But the law of outliers applies the same to most everyone (except the outliers) so typically (not always, but often), everyone benefits from an outlier occasionally. It makes rational sense. Iā€™m sure the math will catch up to the reason soon. :wink:

That said, I agree that AL is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and skipping chests is the best option. Iā€™ve tracked my elemental chests since Xmas. I average one every 6-9 days

Examples you have just stated are not typical at all. They are very much outliers.

3 Likes

How many do you skip in a day? Because I fill them 2 times in a day and can barely get 1 per month

3 Likes

No, and theyā€™ll definitely go through another round of Beta at least before release.

2 Likes

I agree, making it very hard to get 5* heroes but equally hard to get their ascension mats doesnā€™t make a lot of sense to me. I have lots of 5* heroes that Iā€™ll never get to final ascension, to introduce so many more heroes just compounds the frustration. I thought Alchemy Lab would alleviate this bottleneck but that seems to have fallen way short. At least make the purchase of 4* AM more available/frequent, not just during the seasonal events and not part of those $99 bundlesā€¦

5 Likes

You shouldnt have to buy these rare ascension items to max a hero, its stupid how they have made this.

If your lucky enough to get a 5* hero you shouldnt have to wait months to ascend them, the devs have lost the plot with this Alchemy lab and missed a great opportunity to get older players back into the game.

Now who in their right mind is going to go to ll of that effort to forge the Alchemy lab when alls its going to do for you is cost you real money ? I dont know if you would be classed as normal if you did this and its just a waste of time and resources if you ask me.

If you want to waste money on these rare items just buy them when they are on sale, but im not doing it and hope the game Devs lose alot of business from being so greedy and hope their is a massive backlash from their fans and remember people there is always a game called MYTH WARS which might be the game I go to soon.

3 Likes

Hi @zephyr1. Well - its been a month or so!

Advanced Iron Store is at 10 and Advanced Food store will be at 10 in 36 hours.
So just in time for SH 22/23 to be activated - presumably on Monday.

Looks like I am heading for the 10+1 approach for Advanced Food Store, rather than the alternative 5+6, when preparing for Alchemy Lab (that I will probably never use!)

5 Likes

Congrats on the progress!

Iā€™m around the same point, Advanced Iron Storage is at 10, and Advanced Food Storage is 16 hours from 9.

Iā€™m not planning to work on Alchemy Lab in any meaningful way, so Iā€™m going to just keep working on Storage and Mines/Farms while waiting to see what Hero Academy is like.

5 Likes

Which level do we get the lab?

SH23, this might help from the top post of this thread:

@Rigs Iā€™ve been earnestly seeking out reasons players might like to use the Alchemy Lab ā€” and havenā€™t found many so far.

The best argument Iā€™ve seen so far is for bigger spenders to grind for Emblems and 4* mats, though they considerably nerfed the payoff for that in the last Beta Version.

What are you planning to use the Alchemy Lab for?

7 Likes